R.I.P. Jake

Claudette, I am so sorry that you lost your dog. But right away I thought, how lucky that you ended up with her instead of the guy who just left her out in his backyard. That is no life for any dog, and border collies in particular need more than that. You gave her a wonderful life, did I hear you say sheep? She even got to herd sheep? That is awesome! Thank God for people like you who love animals and give them a chance at a better life.

You bet your boots on the sheep.

He was a grand trial dog that I showed in two States.

Jake was one super herding dog and he lived to herd. Trialing BC's is great fun. He and my first BC Red were super at it.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

I had a shelty mix that would herd me to the door, down the driveway, over to the neighbors - it was hysterical. Nobody ever trained her, she just did it. One step back and two steps over, flanking me from the left.

One time we were at the neighbors, and she ducked under the fence to herd the cows. Boy, did she duck back under fast when they weren't interested!

I am so sorry. I just put my cat down yesterday so I know how you feel. Just devastated. RIP Bubba, you were well and truly loved.

Claudette, I am so sorry that you lost your dog. But right away I thought, how lucky that you ended up with her instead of the guy who just left her out in his backyard. That is no life for any dog, and border collies in particular need more than that. You gave her a wonderful life, did I hear you say sheep? She even got to herd sheep? That is awesome! Thank God for people like you who love animals and give them a chance at a better life.

Jake was one super herding dog and he lived to herd. Trialing BC's is great fun. He and my first BC Red were super at it.

Our Dio is a Pomeranian/bc mix. He tries to herd the birds. It's not really working out too well for him, they keep flying away. lol

I had a shelty mix that would herd me to the door, down the driveway, over to the neighbors - it was hysterical. Nobody ever trained her, she just did it. One step back and two steps over, flanking me from the left.

One time we were at the neighbors, and she ducked under the fence to herd the cows. Boy, did she duck back under fast when they weren't interested!

With all of the herding breeds its instinct to herd. If they don't have sheep, cows or anything else to herd then its you the kids or anything that moves that absolutely needs to be herded. LOL

When I lived in NC the guy that owned the stable where I kept my horse had Geese. They couldn't fly. Every once in a while they would get out and Sam would call me to bring Red, another of my BC's, over to herd em back in. Red would rather herd sheep but he had no problem herding the geese.

Herdings a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

I am so sorry. I just put my cat down yesterday so I know how you feel. Just devastated. RIP Bubba, you were well and truly loved.

So sorry for your loss. Its so tough when we lose our fur babies.

RIP Bubba.

I'm so sorry, we lost Folly just before Christmas last year. She was 15. How old was Bubba?

I think he was about 16. We found him in the street, a starving kittween. He was always my husband's cat. Bubba saved his life more than one time because he kept watch all night and would wake us up when my husband started to bleed. My husband passed away in December 2010. I guess he just wanted his cat back.

I feel most sorry for my dog. That cat was with her since she was a tiny puppy. She misses him terribly. They would fight, claw and tooth, then cuddle up together in bed for a nap. She doesn't know life without that cat.

Forum List

Back