R.I.P. Jake

Claudette

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Lost my old pal Jake over the weekend. He was the last of the buddies I brought with me from NC.

He was my best bud for almost 15yrs.

A working Border Collie that loved to work and was a great house pet to boot. Got him at 10 months when his owner decided he didn't want him anymore.

He spent the first 10 months of his life in a dogpen out back. Guy didn't need a dog. A cement lawn ornament would have been better.

Jake turned into a great trial dog and was super on the sheep.

He is greatly missed and always will be. One grand dog.

My condolences. I never lost a dog. It must really suck.

So sorry to hear that Claudette. It's so sad to loose a pet, especially when they're part of the family!

We have a 17 yr old wire-haired dachshund/terrior mix we got at the pound when he was only about a year old. He's not doing too well right now :(. We expect him to go just about any time, he's my husbands best bud.

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts.

Its so hard when they go but its the price we pay for sharing our lives with our four footed pals.

:(

That's the third pet lost from someone on here within the week.

It's so hard when it's their time to go . . . . .

Truthmatters, I will says this gently: shut the fuck up. Claudette, I am sorry for your loss.

Sending you a comforting hug Claudette. And you're right. We can't love without risking some pain ourselves when those we love are grieving or hurting or are scared or are declining or when we have to finally say goodbye. But it is so worth it. Jake had a long life for a border collie, and he was lucky to be loved for the whole of it. You couldn't do more for him than that.

Wow. Getting 15 years with a border collie shows you took awesome care and were a great friend to him. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye.

Lost my old pal Jake over the weekend. He was the last of the buddies I brought with me from NC.

He was my best bud for almost 15yrs.

A working Border Collie that loved to work and was a great house pet to boot. Got him at 10 months when his owner decided he didn't want him anymore.

He spent the first 10 months of his life in a dogpen out back. Guy didn't need a dog. A cement lawn ornament would have been better.

Jake turned into a great trial dog and was super on the sheep.

He is greatly missed and always will be. One grand dog.
My deepest sympathies for you and your family over the loss of a pet so dear to your heart.

Thanks for all the kind thought.

Jake was a grand dog and worth every tear shed.

Your dog must have been one awesome dog.

Jake on the other hand is an asshole

Starkers has come undone all over the board, but let's not do any (more) damage to Claudette's thread, please TM? I know he unfairly accused you, but let's not do that here.

Forum List

Back