R.I.P. Internet Poker

Anyone surprised there? I'm not, now that I've thought about it.

It's been going on for so many years I guess it just seemed it would just continue indefinitely. But no it shouldn't be surprising that it's time finally ran out.

Log in to the domains. Alive and well. If there is one industry that has the resources to fight the Fed thugs, this is it.

Log in to the domains. Alive and well. If there is one industry that has the resources to fight the Fed thugs, this is it.

The domains have been replaced by this message

banner7.jpg

The federal nannies strike again.
Why would you be critical of this intervention? People are being scammed and government is taking action on their behalf -- and it offends you? That seems to suggest you've been indoctrinated by neo-conservative influences and are responding reflexively.

Why would you be critical of this intervention? People are being scammed and government is taking action on their behalf -- and it offends you? That seems to suggest you've been indoctrinated by neo-conservative influences and are responding reflexively.
Bullshit...People are gambling, no matter how much the nanny statists tell them not to.

It's their money and time...If the want to spend them on games of chance, smoking weed or in the company of hookers, it's no skin off my ass.

Bullshit...People are gambling, no matter how much the nanny statists tell them not to.

It's their money and time...If the want to spend them on games of chance, smoking weed or in the company of hookers, it's no skin off my ass.
I'm not saying people shouldn't gamble -- or smoke weed or patronize hookers. All of that is fine with me and I oppose government prohibiting any of those activities as strongly as you do. But that is not the issue. The issue is government cracking down on "fixed" Internet gambling. Cheating. Fraud.

I approve of government doing that.

I'm not saying people shouldn't gamble -- or smoke weed or patronize hookers. All of that is fine with me and I oppose government prohibiting any of those activities as strongly as you do. But that is not the issue. The issue is government cracking down on "fixed" Internet gambling. Cheating. Fraud.

This is not a crackdown on fixed gambling. This is a crack down on poker sites. Poker is not a game against the house. It is player vs. player unlike slots, Blackjack, etc...

I'm not saying people shouldn't gamble -- or smoke weed or patronize hookers. All of that is fine with me and I oppose government prohibiting any of those activities as strongly as you do. But that is not the issue. The issue is government cracking down on "fixed" Internet gambling. Cheating. I approve of government doing that.

No it's not, read my link.

Last edited:
pokerstars.net and play money @ pokerestars.com is still operational. It was only shut down to real money and to USA players only, so far. Right now there are over 170,000 people playing at over 27,00 tables at pokerstars.com

Online poker companies indicted for fraud - Apr. 15, 2011

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The founders of the three largest Internet poker companies have been indicted for bank fraud and money laundering, federal law enforcement officials said Friday.

The United States Attorney in New York unsealed the indictment against eleven people, including the founders of PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, and Absolute Poker. In addition to charges of bank fraud and money laundering, the companies are accused of illegal gambling offenses.

The sweeping 52-page indictment alleges that the companies, based offshore, used "fraudulent methods" to get around U.S. anti-gambling laws "and to receive billions of dollars from U.S. residents who gambled through the Poker Companies."

Last edited:

How are they/I being scammed? No one's forcing me to play online poker. Of course it offends me that government thinks it needs to babysit me.

"God does not want us gambling.
We are a nation founded on Christian principles."
That is the bull shit we hear from the moral police. Spills over to both parties now.
Are there any Republicans WITH THE BALLS to condemn this?
No, gay marriage and abortion are too important.

That is the bull shit we hear from the moral police. Spills over to both parties now.

Hell---you still can gamble like hell on the market. Quit bitchin.

It used to be a free country until the moral police.

Once again, you are spot on.

There is a difference between the government cracking down on online gambling, period, and the government cracking down on crooked online gambling. Although the article quoted in the OP does not make it as clear as it could, it seems to me that, in this case, the government is attempting to prevent fraud in the conduct of online gambling, NOT trying to close down ALL online gambling.

It used to be a free country until the moral police.

As I read this, it isn't a matter of "moral policing." Fraud is a crime. Do you feel that people who commit fraud may be on solid moral ground and, therefore, any attempt to curtail them constitutes "moral policing"?

They aren't trying to stamp out gambling here - only CROOKED gambling.

Forum List

Back