R.i.p. B.i.g.

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Today is the 13th anniversary of the murder of The Notorious B.I.G., who I consider to be the greatest rapper of all time.

[youtube]OsT8FaZnzdE[/youtube]

not the greatest, and the shit that got him killed was beyond juvenile, but good stuff still..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6MEyNT2fuw]YouTube - The Notorious B.I.G - Fucking You Tonight[/ame]

What happened to not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say?

Rap. Sorry. The sounds of a train wreck doesn't do much for me. I don't know how they can honestly call Rap music.

Rap. Sorry. The sounds of a train wreck doesn't do much for me. I don't know how they can honestly call Rap music.

It's pretty ridiculous that you would feel the need to say that, considering the amount of talent that goes into the production of a rap music track.

You may not think it's talent, but it goes far beyond just the rappers themselves. Music is music, my man. It's all a unique talent no matter what genre it's coming from.

Real music fans can appreciate the work put into ANY track, regardless of what kind of music it actually is.

on this board? really, kevin?? :lol:

but seriously, he didn't hold a candle to Dre or Tupac.

or even Eminem...

sorry I had to be so rough on you.

jill, Eminem is a shell of his former self these days. He fell off HARD.

I'm not much of a biggie fan myself, but just about all rap music fans would agree that there was never a time when biggie "fell off". He reached the top of his game quickly and stayed there until he was killed.

I measure that in an artist; Whether or not they have the longevity to stay relevant.

It's pretty ridiculous that you would feel the need to say that, considering the amount of talent that goes into the production of a rap music track.

You may not think it's talent, but it goes far beyond just the rappers themselves. Music is music, my man. It's all a unique talent no matter what genre it's coming from.

Real music fans can appreciate the work put into ANY track, regardless of what kind of music it actually is.

so if a bunch of tone deaf retards worked real hard amd made a music track...

Ohh wait that IS what we are discussing.
Gotcha.

on this board? really, kevin?? :lol:

but seriously, he didn't hold a candle to Dre or Tupac.

or even Eminem...

sorry I had to be so rough on you.

One can dream.

It's impossible to argue between Tupac or Biggie. They both have different styles, and both are amazing. As for Dre, he's not on Biggie's level lyrically. Em was amazing once upon a time, but he fell off hard. He was definitely up there though back in the day.

Gotcha.

One could say the same about any genre. I'm not a fan of death metal. I wonder what these people are thinking when I hear it. But I don't feel the need to disrespect it.

Gotcha.

Stop being stupid. You're looking at it with tunnel vision and only seeing the specific rappers. There are many other elements in the creation of a hip hop track.

And besides, there are plenty of rap artists who are much more talented than artists in other genres.

I could start popping shit on country artists since I don't like country music, but I recognize the talent involved in creating a country track.

It's cool though, if you just want to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. You don't really need to go to these lengths and create a spectacle over the fact that you simply don't like rap music. It's kind of ridiculous.

Still disagree. Rap is crap. They should take this shit down to GITMO and play it 24 hours a day to those muslims. After three days of hearing it the muslims would be swearing that they had become baptists.

So music deserves respect but our govt does not?

What the hell does the government have to do with this?

To answer your question, yeah. I don't see musicians out there passing legislation that hurts my country.

They're just making music. I get to choose not to be affected by a musician simply by not listening to them. I don't get to do that when it comes to the gov. I'm forced to be affected by their policy.

Forum List

Back