R candidates says stop writing about poor people

Eric Hovde, GOP Senate Candidate: Press Should Stop Writing Sob Stories About Poor People

cuz, we all know that if you ignore it, it will go away.

Just when you think the Rs can't get any worse, another bozo comes like this comes along.

My bet is, the rw's here will just love this worthless jerk.
huff.jpg

Eric Hovde, GOP Senate Candidate: Press Should Stop Writing Sob Stories About Poor People

Just when you think the Rs can't get any worse, another bozo comes like this comes along.

Ignore what, America's poor? Yea, we have a horrible problem with poverty in America...:cuckoo:

..someone at the poverty line in the United States is in the top 14% of the global income distribution.

https://www.policymic.com/articles/2636/compared-to-the-rest-of-the-world-americans-are-all-the-1

Democrats love the poor and they've promised they won't rest until they've turned every American into one
They'd be out on their ear if they didn't have ways to make people poor--raising the income level over what they were, etc.

You're right. They have to have lots and lots of poverty to stay strong. :rolleyes:

I envy the "poor" people who have moved into my community in the past two years. Instead of warehousing them in the projects like my dad grew up in, the government now puts them up in foreclosed houses. While I stay busy maintaining my four income sources, they get to lounge at the pool waiting for my tax dollars to show up in their mailbox and EBT card. Such is life in Obamaville.

I envy the "poor" people who have moved into my community in the past two years. Instead of warehousing them in the projects like my dad grew up in, the government now puts them up in foreclosed houses. While I stay busy maintaining my four income sources, they get to lounge at the pool waiting for my tax dollars to show up in their mailbox and EBT card. Such is life in Obamaville.

In a few years the neighbors of such poor people might count themselves lucky. We haven't yet gotten to the point where the poor are physically moved into the homes of the "rich" who are judged to have houses too big for them. We don't yet have housing fairness to that extent.

Last edited:
Sob stories about individual stories have a rather strange effect. Once you see the crippled girl sharing her popcorn with stray dogs, then the plight of the ordinary poor have little impact. If you were REALLY poor, all you would have with popcorn and if there was a generous single cell in your body you would share that with a stray dog.

Novde didn't say it. It's the tax exempt left wing propaganda network, Media Matters, cherry picked sentence handed over to a radical leftie writer from Huffington for her interpretation based on what the left thought they wanted to hear. No hum.

Putting his quote in context keeps it real:

Instead, he wants to see the media focus more on the debt and the larger problems afflicting the country.

"I see a reporter here," he said. "I just pray that you start writing about these issues. I just pray. Stop always writing about, 'Oh, the person couldn't get, you know, their food stamps or this or that.' You know, I saw something the other day -- it's like, another sob story, and I'm like, 'But what about what's happening to the country and the country as a whole?' That's going to devastate everybody."

Democrats love the poor and they've promised they won't rest until they've turned every American into one

That doesn't even make sense. We know Republicans say, "Let him die" and "feed the poor and they'll breed", but Democrats have never campaigned for people to BE poor. Only people who say, "Less police, less firemen and less teachers" and "education is for snobs" want Americans to be poor. It's so obvious.

The republican candidate said no such thing. It is an op-ed of a cherry picked sentence by a (tax-exempt) political propaganda network, Media Matters who's stated mission is to monitor ...only...Conservative speech. The stated mission doesn't elaborate about what they do with the "conservative speech" they monitor but it's clear that they turn it over to Huffington for a rewrite and a liberal spin.

"I see a reporter here," he said. "I just pray that you start writing about these issues. I just pray. Stop always writing about, 'Oh, the person couldn't get, you know, their food stamps or this or that.' You know, I saw something the other day -- it's like, another sob story, and I'm like, 'But what about what's happening to the country and the country as a whole?' That's going to devastate everybody."

The devastation of the middle class IS what's happening to this country. And every story about every 50 year old person who lost their job of 20 years with no "golden parachute" (see, us wage slaves don't get those after "losing" 9 billion smackers for the company), can't find a job and is losing their meagre unemployment check in a month IS EXACTLY what is going on right now.

Democrats intend to reintroduce slavery. The greatest threats to democrats are those with pride or self reliance. Lack of these attributes are the hallmark of the born slave.

USDA combats 'mountain pride,' self-reliance to boost food stamp rolls | The Daily Caller

When everyone is poor enough to accept some sort of government hand out, the democrats will be happy and then think of ways to take it away from them.

Forum List

Back