Quotes to make you quiver

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by YWN666, Nov 16, 2008.

1. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    FSTDT Top 100

This is a list of quotes found on the internet that will make you think "WTF?" It's funny until you consider that these people vote and reproduce.

A few samples:

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it. "

"Satan loves homosexuals.. And will usually set them up with good careers in something Satan is in control of i.e.. Entertainment.. any form of the Media.. Satan wants them to grow.. The more homosexuals there are the more souls Satan gets to join in a Furnace of Fire.."

"Me and like-minded Christian students are trying to organize a mock stoning of openly gay students at our campus. We will be using crumpled up gray/brown construction paper to represent rocks, and will recite bible verses in opposition to their sinful nature. We will throw a volley or two of these "rocks" at every Gay person we happen to encounter that day."

"Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    God does not play dice with the universe

Albert Einstien

As a matter of fact, Al, chaos theory suggests that God's random universe is, in fact, little more than one gigantic crapshoot.

3. seth1492

seth1492 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I think there are a lot of misguided and under studied christians. A lot of pathetic quotes are listed above. God is real and can be explained without throwing generalizations, red-herrings, and ad hominems around. I believe science is the tool of God. That's why things make sense!

4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    "I'm pregnant"

5. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    How true. :clap2: :clap2:

6. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260

yeaaaa... the history of science from copernicus to Darwin sure does suggest that science is the tool of god.

7. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    This one kills me......they'll accept any way that God did it EXCEPT evolution. BTW....God DOES believe in evolution. How do I know? Simple......did a study on the Temple with a rabbi, and found out that the floor plans of the Temple have always had room for new things to be put in it, because they knew 3,000 years ago that the technology and the way they did things would evolve also. Additionally, if God doesn't use evolution, why is there so much evidence of it around?

This one kills me also. Gravity is a myth? Yeah.....and at one time people thought that the earth was flat also.

And Shogun......

This is the exact opposite position of those that don't believe in science, because you don't believe in God.

"Science without theology is blind, and Theology without science is crippled". - Albert Einstein.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    awww when are you due?

9. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    Andrew is pregnant?

Hey dude......are you like that other dude that's pregnant also? Always thought you had a vagina.

10. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    whucka whucka whucka