Quotes from the American Taliban

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by YWN666, Apr 16, 2009.

1. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
  2. Coloradomtnman

Coloradomtnman Rational and proud of it.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    And you wonder, after reading the quotes made by these politicians, judges, POTUS's, and political organization leaders, why people who aren't Christian feel so threatened by the religion that so dominates this country and react so strongly to evangelism and legislated Christian beliefs.

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    which legislated christian beliefs are you talking about?

4. Coloradomtnman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    Do you really need me to answer this for you? Is it not just totally plain as day what Christians agendas have been made into law or are threatening to be made law? I have repeatedly answered this question in other threads on this forum. TO find the answer: google it. Start with Prop. 8.

5. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    if you don't want to answer, that's fine.

6. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Maybe I missed it, but where have you spoken out against the nut jobs that are the ACTUAL taliban? I mean, sure these people sound unhinged, but I don't recall them sawing anyone's head off, so I'm just wondering where you're coming from.

7. Coloradomtnman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    Sorry, del, I didn't mean to sound angry or anything. Today hasn't started out well and I'm grumpy. Then I read the page linked in YWN666's OP and got really frustrated. My apologies.

8. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    The Moral Majority is nothing NEW

[​IMG]

"If we are going to save America and evangelize the world, we cannot accommodate secular philosophies that are diametrically opposed to Christian truth ... We need to pull out all the stops to recruit and train 25 million Americans to become informed pro-moral activists whose voices can be heard in the halls of Congress."

"I am convinced that America can be turned around if we will all get serious about the Master's business. It may be late, but it is never too late to do what is right. We need an old-fashioned, God-honoring, Christ-exalting revival to turn American back to God. America can be saved!"

Jerry Falwell
    "Moral Majority Report" for September, 1984

[​IMG]

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality."

"Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
    The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Bootneck

Bootneck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,172
    Huh! Anne Coulter. Another armchair sabre rattler!

I bet you won't find the likes of her in the front line yelling onward Christian soldiers. No, she's all for sending young men and women to fight the war she so obviously craves, providing none of her's are involved.

Grow a set of balls Anne, put on a kevlar helmet and put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, STFU and stick to knitting.

As for those who would force their beliefs on others, I view them in the same light as I view Islamic fundamentalists. I'm sure I don't have to explain further.

10. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    And for policy affecting the rest of the world, google the "global gag order."