Quote of the day

Lincoln was a racist.

civil-war-from-1861-63-15-728.jpg
Takes one to know one.
Nope. All it takes is brain. Only mentally crippled people think you have to be a racist in order to recognize it in other people.

Yes you are a racist (and thus part of the problem) and make a white supremist look like they are multicultural.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's
initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could
and should do for themselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
I don't know that Abe said all that. What can be said is that they are statements of truth.

A racist that freed the slaves.

Or are we rewriting that bit of history as well.
Eventually freed all the slaves but nevertheless a racist.

I didnt rewrite anything. I just presented the facts.

His attitudes, knowledge, beliefs etc. were in line with most everyone else in those bad ole days.
Not really my point but I agree. If the south had not been so gung ho to leave the union, chattel slavery would still be legal today because Lincoln would have signed it eternally into law.

Not too likely, but it fits with your narrative, I guess.
It was very likely. So much in fact that its....well a fact...even if its not a well known fact.

Corwin Amendment - Wikipedia

Abraham Lincoln, in his first inaugural address on March 4, said of the Corwin Amendment:[2][18]

"I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service ... holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable."

Just weeks prior to the outbreak of the Civil War, Lincoln sent a letter to each state's governor transmitting the proposed amendment,[19] noting that Buchanan had approved it

Last edited:
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." --- Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

At least ninety-five percent of workers are paid their exact worth.

Lincoln was a racist.

So what if he was?

Does that change the FACT that in spite of that allegation, he did the right thing?

It seems to me that would make him an even greater hero, would it not?
So what if he was? Well I dont like racists.

He didnt do the right thing. He did the thing that kept the union together. If he had did the right thing the enslaved would have been freed prior to the war. As it was he was going to keep them enslaved forever.

Doesnt make him a hero to me. Maybe you have low standards but I dont idolize racists. If you want a hero go look at John Brown.

~ Abraham Lincoln

No one wants to destroy the rich. What we want if for the rich to pay living wages like they did before Reagan began destroying unions and not prosecuting antitrust laws.

You cannot have a thriving economy without a thriving middle class. Republican policy has destroyed the working class. Theyre broke and angry, working for peanuts and relying on handouts to live.

All your emphasis is getting more money into the hands of the wealthy. You’ve been doing this for nearly 40 years and it’s not working. Time to try something different.

Lincoln was a racist.

Takes one to know one.
Nope. All it takes is brain. Only mentally crippled people think you have to be a racist in order to recognize it in other people.
Well, if all it takes is a brain, that leaves you out.
You cant post without a brain. Obviously you are mentally crippled and think people can form a sentence without a brain.
Just don't pick your nose. Your head will cave in.

I guess you’re speaking from experience.

~ Abraham Lincoln

No one wants to destroy the rich. What we want if for the rich to pay living wages like they did before Reagan began destroying unions and not prosecuting antitrust laws.

You cannot have a thriving economy without a thriving middle class. Republican policy has destroyed the working class. Theyre broke and angry, working for peanuts and relying on handouts to live.

All your emphasis is getting more money into the hands of the wealthy. You’ve been doing this for nearly 40 years and it’s not working. Time to try something different.
I think its all a pipe dream. One thing I have learned is that the capitalistic system cannot survive, cannot even exist without haves and have nots. It requires a massive amount of people on the bottom who aspire to have the possessions marketed to them as status symbols.

~ Abraham Lincoln

Then why is the economy doing so much better now along with our position in world affairs?

I think its all a pipe dream. One thing I have learned is that the capitalistic system cannot survive, cannot even exist without haves and have nots. It requires a massive amount of people on the bottom who aspire to have the possessions marketed to them as status symbols.

Your goal, shared misery. See Venezuela.

Compare-XL.jpg

Your goal, shared misery. See Venezuela.

Compare-XL.jpg
Option 3. Standard of living above poverty for those with less effort.

~ Abraham Lincoln

Then why is the economy doing so much better now along with our position in world affairs?

It depends on how you measure “doing better”. For example, this generation is forecast to be the first generation of Americans to fare more poorly than their parents. They will have lower savings, equity and their income will buy less than their parents have. They won’t be doing better.

In 1980, if you got a good education and worked hard, you had a 20% chance of working your way out of poverty and into the middle class, or better. Today, you have a 2% chance. That’s not better.

In 1980, the working class had savings and investments representing 5% of the wealth of the nation. Today, working class Americans have no savings. They’re not doing better either.

Your country is producing more goods and services, and wealth, but the income and wealth is only going to the top 5%. The working class is broke and the middle class is losing ground. That’s not better either.

Prior to Reagan’s tax cuts, the US economy was a high tide raising all boats. Everybody got a piece of the pie. And everyone thrived. The tax cut tilted the playing field. And the wealth started trickling up, which is the opposite of what Reagan said would happen. That “trickle up” has continued unabated ever since. Bush’s tax cuts accelerated this process and this latest round of cuts has turned this trickle into a river of cash going to the top.

The wealthy have far more money than they need and aren’t really spending much. And the lower end workers have so little they’re getting public assistance even though they’re working 40 hours a week. That’s not doing better.

The current model isn’t sustainable, unless you want to end up as a second tier banana republic where the poor live in squalid dangerous slums and the rich live in opulent, gated communities with private security protecting them from the poor.

For 40 years, companies have absorbed and passed along increased costs for materials, rent, transportation, insurance utilities and supplies, and massive increases to executive salaries (over 200% on average), while the front line employees received no raises, and saw the buying power of their income decline.

When half your population is struggling to keep their heads above water, how is this better?

For the top 10% and for large corporations, things have never been better, but the anger of Trump supporters is real. The government has screwed them over for 40 years. And they’re done with it. Trump has screwed them more than Bush 43 or Reagan, and they’ll soon realize it.

It’s time that workers got their fair share of the American pie. That’s why they elected Trump.

:drills:

Best Military Quote

*Sgt. Harry Berres USMC Drill Instructor
"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,
then it became optional …. now it's legal
I'm getting out before the Democrats make it mandatory!"

Cap%20vs%20Soc-M.png

Forum List

Back