Quote of the Day

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
At the Corner, the National Review's group blog, Byron York poses a hypothetical worth considering, especially because the right's pushback on the various controversies surrounding Sarah Palin has so much to do with the reaction by liberals and the media:

Perhaps I'm focusing on an irrelevant issue, but the presence, or non-presence, of [Levi Johnston, the father of Bristol Palin's unborn child] on the stage tonight strikes me as important. It's one thing for delegates to be understanding and compassionate about the fix these two teenagers have gotten themselves into. It's another to actually celebrate it. And, given what we've learned in the last few days, if Johnston is up on stage with his girlfriend and the Palin family, and Republicans are wildly cheering, it will certainly look like they are celebrating this situation.

I don't usually engage in these scenarios, but I'll do it here. If the Obamas had a 17 year-old daughter who was unmarried and pregnant by a tough-talking black kid, my guess is if that they all appeared onstage at a Democratic convention and the delegates were cheering wildly, a number of conservatives might be discussing the issue of dysfunctional black families.

War Room - Salon.com

I read that Levi Johnston was going to be at the RNC tonight and I immediately thought, wow, so much for giving this family their privacy on this issue!

I don't think locking him up in the basement is an option.

what purpose does this 18 year old kid serve at the RNC? it's not about locking him up, it's about not exploiting the situation.... use your common sense dillo!

what purpose does this 18 year old kid serve at the RNC? it's not about locking him up, it's about not exploiting the situation.... use your common sense dillo!

I know you can't possibly grasp the concept but the now see him as part of the family and therefore intend to include him in family matters. If he wasn't on stage you would accuse the GOP of hiding him. Wise up.

Last edited:
It's time for this:
iowahawk: The Idiossey
"From the land of Kenya beyond Nile, came Obamacles the Elder
To the grad school at Oahu, where Ann of Kansas bore him a son.
It would prove to be a hassle, thus he left his baby's mama
who then won favor with Soertoro, who brought them to his far-off island nest.
Young Obamacles was growing, and they shipped him back to Gramma,
And the prep school on Oahu. There he trained and studied boldly,
Drinking beer and smoking weed: Maui Wowie, paca lolo, sensimilla,
blunts and chiva, Thai and chronic, just enough to hone his mellow,
in the back of Kyle's TransAm, a line or two of coke on weekends.

In his mellow young Obamacles beheld a vision in the salty snacks at Safeway;
There the Oracle of Doritos bade him:

"Travel the seas to the East, fair Obamacles, for this is where your fortune lies.
But beware, that way bodes peril if thou are not pure of image and smooth of delivery.
Seek first the masters of Occidental College, who will train you in the philosophers of Po-Mo."

Replied young Obamacles,

"Accidental college heh heh heh heh Accidental moxidental taxidental heh heh,"

And Kyle is like,

"Dude you're totally talking to the Doritos. That is totally bonus."

Sorry, I just can't get enough of it. It's been cracking me up all day.

I know you can't possibly grasp the concept but the now see him as part of the family therfore intend to include him in family matters.

but wait a minute..... they KNEW Bristol was preggers when she got on television and thanked McCain for picking her...where was Levi THEN? did he only become part of the family once they announced to the media that she was pregnant?

If he wasn't on stage you would accuse the GOP of hiding him. Wise up.

No, if neither he NOR Bristol were on stage I would think that the GOP actually CARED about these two young people and didn't want to subject them to the harsh glare of the media spotlight. Putting them BOTH on national television and presenting them as this picture perfect ideal to teen pregnancy is only going to cause MORE media frenzy!

it's not FAIR to THEM.

It's time for this:
"From the land of Kenya beyond Nile, came Obamacles the Elder
To the grad school at Oahu, where Ann of Kansas bore him a son.
It would prove to be a hassle, thus he left his baby's mama
who then won favor with Soertoro, who brought them to his far-off island nest.
Young Obamacles was growing, and they shipped him back to Gramma,
And the prep school on Oahu. There he trained and studied boldly,
Drinking beer and smoking weed: Maui Wowie, paca lolo, sensimilla,
blunts and chiva, Thai and chronic, just enough to hone his mellow,
in the back of Kyle's TransAm, a line or two of coke on weekends.

In his mellow young Obamacles beheld a vision in the salty snacks at Safeway;
There the Oracle of Doritos bade him:

"Travel the seas to the East, fair Obamacles, for this is where your fortune lies.
But beware, that way bodes peril if thou are not pure of image and smooth of delivery.
Seek first the masters of Occidental College, who will train you in the philosophers of Po-Mo."

Replied young Obamacles,

"Accidental college heh heh heh heh Accidental moxidental taxidental heh heh,"

And Kyle is like,

"Dude you're totally talking to the Doritos. That is totally bonus."

Sorry, I just can't get enough of it. It's been cracking me up all day.

yes, because THAT is totally relevant to the topic we're discussing. :offtopic:

Hey, we're talking about the horror of underage moms, illegitimate babies and the rights of women. Sounds on topic to me.

But besides that, I just think it's funnier than all get out and want to interject it wherever possible.

Obamacles!

You really have to read the descriptions of Hillary, they're priceless, too...:

"At the sound of Hildusa's name even brave Obamacles was driven to piss his toga,
For Hildusa, cuckolder of Bubba, was the mightiest of all the gorgons.
From her head grew a writhing nest of asps, and the mere sight of her cankles
Would turn a man to stone. Some said she came from Lesbos
But others said her only pleasure was torment and sucking the marrow from her victim's bones.
Around her at all times was a phalanx guard of mincing eunuchs,
led by Ickis, Wolfsonis, Blumenthalis and Pennis. At her side, an angry force
of menopausal PUMAs ready to strike on her command -- for the children."

you add absolutely nothing to this conversation with your childish behavior.

At the Corner, the National Review's group blog, Byron York poses a hypothetical worth considering, especially because the right's pushback on the various controversies surrounding Sarah Palin has so much to do with the reaction by liberals and the media:

Perhaps I'm focusing on an irrelevant issue, but the presence, or non-presence, of [Levi Johnston, the father of Bristol Palin's unborn child] on the stage tonight strikes me as important. It's one thing for delegates to be understanding and compassionate about the fix these two teenagers have gotten themselves into. It's another to actually celebrate it. And, given what we've learned in the last few days, if Johnston is up on stage with his girlfriend and the Palin family, and Republicans are wildly cheering, it will certainly look like they are celebrating this situation.

I don't usually engage in these scenarios, but I'll do it here. If the Obamas had a 17 year-old daughter who was unmarried and pregnant by a tough-talking black kid, my guess is if that they all appeared onstage at a Democratic convention and the delegates were cheering wildly, a number of conservatives might be discussing the issue of dysfunctional black families.

War Room - Salon.com

Sounds just like you, IMO.

but wait a minute..... they KNEW Bristol was preggers when she got on television and thanked McCain for picking her...where was Levi THEN? did he only become part of the family once they announced to the media that she was pregnant?

No, if neither he NOR Bristol were on stage I would think that the GOP actually CARED about these two young people and didn't want to subject them to the harsh glare of the media spotlight. Putting them BOTH on national television and presenting them as this picture perfect ideal to teen pregnancy is only going to cause MORE media frenzy!

it's not FAIR to THEM.

i agree with dillo's take on this...they saw the initial introduction the other day as not the appropriate time and place to disclose the situation...and now they don't intend to crumble and hide, they intend to stand together as a family. i think mccain showed real guts knowing this situation and taking the risk to choose governor palin anyway. let america decide what is important to them. i believe sarah palin does not see it as "throwing them to the wolves" as i've heard some people suggest..it's just not her nature to cower. seems to me she has faith that her family has the fortitude to stand up and be themselves and not be ashamed.

That is not a guess it is fact.

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

Forum List

Back