Quote from Ron Paul

neurosport

Rookie
Mar 19, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
"Without the right to secede, state’s rights are meaningless"

that's from his yesterday's myspace blog.

as always Ron Paul is right.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

April 26th, 2009
Secessionist Gov. Rick Perry asks for federal help to deal with swine flu

March 6, 2009
Governor requests emergency aid for Texas drought

February 3, 2008
Texas Governor Rick Perry asks for federal aid for wildfire relief

September 12, 2008
Texas Governor Asks Bush for Emergency Aid
Texas governor asks Bush for 'wide-reaching emergency declaration' for federal aid

November 2, 2005
Texas Gov asks Bush for hurricane clean-up aid

A bit of an overstatement, but I see his point, I suppose.

ACtually I think the thing which gives the FEDS so much power is really its ability to levy personal income taxes and the ability to DRAFT men into the service.

I don't play a lawyer on the internet so I don't even pretend to have an opinion about the 10th amendment or the states RIGHT to secede, either.

But if the FEDS depending, as it once did, almost SOLELY on TARIFFS for its budget, it wouldn't have nearly so much more power than the states have.

But hey, I realize most of you folks believe that FREE TRADE is a good thing because you think it's an example of that freedom of the individual myth that you cling to.

Ironic isn't it?

So many people who truly do want to limit the power of the central government also support the laws that makes FEDERAL income taxation of the individual an absolute necessitysince mostly the same people ALSO want to have a STRONG national military force.

Dr. Paul is right on many things but in this instance he is DEAD wrong. Maybe he should personally payback the $22 million he took in pork last year (more than any other of the other Republican Congressman that ran in the Republican primary). That is federal money Dr. Paul, so give it back today!

The US is a Republic of dependent States, not independent states forming a EU type partnership! Sorry Paulie, but your State gave up its right to independence when it joined the Union!

ACtually I think the thing which gives the FEDS so much power is really its ability to levy personal income taxes and the ability to DRAFT men into the service.

I don't play a lawyer on the internet so I don't even pretend to have an opinion about the 10th amendment or the states RIGHT to secede, either.

But if the FEDS depending, as it once did, almost SOLELY on TARIFFS for its budget, it wouldn't have nearly so much more power than the states have.

But hey, I realize most of you folks believe that FREE TRADE is a good thing because you think it's an example of that freedom of the individual myth that you cling to.

Ironic isn't it?

So many people who truly do want to limit the power of the central government also support the laws that makes FEDERAL income taxation of the individual an absolute necessitysince mostly the same people ALSO want to have a STRONG national military force.

Once a State joins the Union it cannot Succeed, so the argument is moot. Didn't we already have the bloodiest war in US history settling this debate!

The funny thing is that State's still have a gigantic amount of freedom and autonomy! People alway scream about State rights when the party in power is different than there's. Ricky "Bobbie" Perry didn't complain when Bush did nothing about the corporate tax or the border. He only carries now! Not only does the 10th amendment (come 2nd to the constitution) put an exact limitation on State power, but so does the supremacy clause (Article IV Section 2). Both were part of the original constitution!

If Republicans complained back in the Bush days about Leftist traitors and self-haters, then they better give that back to rightest traitors and self-haters.

Dr. Paul is right on many things but in this instance he is DEAD wrong. Maybe he should personally payback the $22 million he took in pork last year (more than any other of the other Republican Congressman that ran in the Republican primary). That is federal money Dr. Paul, so give it back today!

The US is a Republic of dependent States, not independent states forming a EU type partnership! Sorry Paulie, but your State gave up its right to independence when it joined the Union!

You're absolutely incorrect. The United States is a confederation of independent states.

Ironic isn't it?

Once a State joins the Union it cannot Succeed, so the argument is moot. Didn't we already have the bloodiest war in US history settling this debate!

The funny thing is that State's still have a gigantic amount of freedom and autonomy! People alway scream about State rights when the party in power is different than there's. Ricky "Bobbie" Perry didn't complain when Bush did nothing about the corporate tax or the border. He only carries now! Not only does the 10th amendment (come 2nd to the constitution) put an exact limitation on State power, but so does the supremacy clause (Article IV Section 2). Both were part of the original constitution!

If Republicans complained back in the Bush days about Leftist traitors and self-haters, then they better give that back to rightest traitors and self-haters.

Where in the Constitution does it state that the states are prohibited from seceding? Article 1, Section 10 states what the States are prohibited from doing, and surprise surprise, secession is not listed. Therefore, under the 10th amendment, we can assume that secession is legal.

You can't have your cake and eat it too

Maybe he should personally payback the $22 million he took in pork last year (more than any other of the other Republican Congressman that ran in the Republican primary). That is federal money Dr. Paul, so give it back today!

you are idiots aren't you? when i was 7 years old i couldn't believe people can be as fucking dumb as you. and i still can't believe it.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FEDERAL MONEY !

ITS ONLY STATE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM STATES !

FUCKTARDS !

Ron Paul and Perry are merely taking THEIR OWN money back.

and to answer your question - NO, Texas didn't need to be protected from Iraq.

Last edited:

Nonsense. And he knows better. It is not like Paul is unaware of the US Constitution and our other foundation documents. The quote could have been taken out of context.

Nonsense. And he knows better. It is not like Paul is unaware of the US Constitution and our other foundation documents. The quote could have been taken out of context.

The quote is not taken out of context whatsoever.

Congressman Ron Paul - Secession: the Ultimate States' Right - Texas Straight Talk

You're absolutely incorrect. The United States is a confederation of independent states.

Preamble

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for a common defense, promote the general welfare....of the United States of America,

Article I Section 10:
No state shall... <DO YOURSELF A FAVOR KEVIN AND READE IT>
Also read Article IV Section 1, 2 & 3!

Wait are you the stroker who also says the Civil War shouldn't have been fought? LOL, forget human rights, incorrect interpretations of the constitution is all that matters!

You can't have your cake and eat it too

Maybe he should personally payback the $22 million he took in pork last year (more than any other of the other Republican Congressman that ran in the Republican primary). That is federal money Dr. Paul, so give it back today!

you are idiots aren't you? when i was 7 years old i couldn't believe people can be as fucking dumb as you. and i still can't believe it.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FEDERAL MONEY !

ITS ONLY STATE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM STATES !

FUCKTARDS !

Ron Paul and Perry are merely taking THEIR OWN money back.

and to answer your question - NO, Texas didn't need to be protected from Iraq.

Fun thing is I think 2 of the best states in the Union are Texas and Utah, because of there fiscal conservative and business friendly regulations and laws!

Preamble

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for a common defense, promote the general welfare....of the United States of America,

Article I Section 10:

Wait are you the stroker who also says the Civil War shouldn't have been fought? LOL, forget human rights, incorrect interpretations of the constitution is all that matters!

I notice you did not provide a quote from the Constitution that actually states secession is prohibited to the states. That would be because there is no such prohibition in the Constitution.

Yes, I guess I am the "stroker" who says the Civil War should not have been fought, though I'm certainly not the only one.

Preamble

Article I Section 10:

I notice you did not provide a quote from the Constitution that actually states secession is prohibited to the states. That would be because there is no such prohibition in the Constitution.

Yes, I guess I am the "stroker" who says the Civil War should not have been fought, though I'm certainly not the only one.

Maybe Ron Paul will follow Spector's lead and join the Dems. He should. Maybe they would listen to him. We know for sure the GOP will not. Remember he won the debates and they banned him from all debates from that point moving forward?

At least he should go Libertarian.

Preamble

Article I Section 10:

Maybe Ron Paul will follow Spector's lead and join the Dems. He should. Maybe they would listen to him. We know for sure the GOP will not. Remember he won the debates and they banned him from all debates from that point moving forward?

At least he should go Libertarian.

Ron Paul shouldn't waste his time joining the Democrats, especially since his economic beliefs are completely opposed to those of your average Democrat. Ron Paul is already a Libertarian. He doesn't have to be a candidate from the Libertarian Party to be a Libertarian.

Preamble

Article I Section 10:

See, most of you libertarian types go too far with some of your ideas/enterpretations of the constitution. What did you mean by the Civil war should not have been faught?

Just like there are some things about us liberals you will never understand or like.

But I like you Kevin. I like your position on the Federal Reserve. I wonder how many people you have informed? Me, a lot. But they don't give a shit. That's why nothing will be done. The politicians would do what we ask if we all called them like they were trying to sell a port to Dubia. Remember that? We flooded their offices with calls.

No outrage means no solution. Its gotten me mad so I have sort of given up for the moment.

Last edited:
Preamble

Article I Section 10:

See, most of you libertarian types go too far with some of your ideas/enterpretations of the constitution.

Just like there are some things about us liberals you will never understand or like.

But I like you Kevin. I like your position on the Federal Reserve. I wonder how many people you have informed? Me, a lot. But they don't give a shit. That's why nothing will be done. The politicians would do what we ask if we all called them like they were trying to sell a port to Dubia. Remember that? We flooded their offices with calls.

No outrage means no solution. Its gotten me mad so I have sort of given up for the moment.

Go to far? I simply read the Constitution, history, and the words of the founders.

“The indissoluble link of union between the people of the several states of this confederated nation is, after all, not in the right but in the heart. If the day should come (may Heaven avert it!) when the affections of the people of these States shall be alienated from each other; when the fraternal spirit shall give way to cold indifference, or collision of interests shall fester into hatred, the bands of political associations will not long hold together parties no longer attracted by the magnetism of conciliated interests or kindly sympathies; and far better will it be for the people of the disunited states to part in friendship from each other, than to be held together by constraint.” – John Quincy Adams

“Whether we remain in one confederacy, or form into Atlantic and Mississippi confederacies, I believe not very important to the happiness of either part. Those of the western confederacy will be as much our children & descendants as those of the eastern, and I feel myself as much identified with that country, in future time, as with this; and did I now foresee a separation at some future day, yet I should feel the duty & the desire to promote the western interests as zealously as the eastern, doing all the good for both portions of our future family which should fall within my power.” – Thomas Jefferson

Would you say Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams, who in the above quotes support secession, go to far in their interpretation of the Constitution?

As to the issue of the Federal Reserve, I think I've educated quite a few. Another member of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and myself delivered over 100 signatures to our Congressman to try to convince him to support the Federal Reserve Transparency Act this morning.

They have no right to seceed. Issue's been done.

Ron Paul has, once again, proven himself incapable of understanding the constitution, constitutional constructions and the laws and rulings that bind us.

he also thinks we should be re-fighting the states' rights issue. that issue was done and dusted with the civil war.

i find it amusing that someone could be so self-serving as to encourage another civil war and have anyone call him a patriot.

pretty retarded.

Forum List

Back