Quotations and Alert System

Liffy

Jun 15, 2015
im getting a bazillion alerts for being quoted in posts where I'm not even addressed. Can you guys make it so the person who posted last in the super quote gets the alert?

im getting a bazillion alerts for being quoted in posts where I'm not even addressed. Can you guys make it so the person who posted last in the super quote gets the alert?

It can be a PITA I agree. But you also could catch some development of your own original point that indirectly got addressed, or challenged, or perverted. Give it time, you just got here.

Here's what I do -- if you see a bunch of alerts for the same thread, go to the oldest one and skim through the posts. You'll see if there's anything you want to chew on. Once that's done you can ignore the rest of the alerts for that thread, since you've already seen the posts.

There is no way for the alert system to work that will please everybody all the time.

I understand that it can be annoying, but there's nothing we can do about it.

I consider it a minor annoyance that has its benefits.

I'm more concerned about this goofy text box that gums up to where you type a sentence and wait for it to appear -- then have to go back and correct the typos you made because you couldn't see what you were doing... :death:

There is no way for the alert system to work that will please everybody all the time.

I'm more concerned about this goofy text box that gums up to where you type a sentence and wait for it to appear -- then have to go back and correct the typos you made because you couldn't see what you were doing... :death:
What goofy text box?

What goofy text box?
goofy-word-search-420x420.jpg

Never thought I would type too fast but there it is.

How come it happens here? I haven't had it happen on any other site.

Never thought I would type too fast but there it is.

How come it happens here? I haven't had it happen on any other site.

I believe it happens because as we type, even before posting, the text is being sent to the USMB server where it resides until used or deleted. The positive of that is if you come up in a flash of brilliance with the ultimate answer to the quest for World Peace, and then for whatever reason lose the page, your text will still be there the next time you go back to that thread. The negative is that it gums up the works.

I wouldn't mind having an option of turning that feature off, but it's prolly integrated into the software and ergo not possible.

What goofy text box?
goofy-word-search-420x420.jpg

Gawrsh.

The alert system can be changed. Click on your name in the top right corner. From the drop down box click 'Alert Preferences'. Then choose how you wish to be alerted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back