Quiz: What Is "YULE"?

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
NO GOOGELING! Take your best guess...And don't say "gibbons". I ain't talkin' about that pine tree eatin' some bish! :)

What is "YULE" or "YULETIDE"?

As in the line in the song Deck the halls: "While I tell of Yuletide treasure, Fa la la la la la la la la." :banana:

Readyyyyyyyyyyy GO!

tumblr_inline_ocr3nzfmFj1sgm97w_1280.jpg

Doesn't it have something to do with the celebration of the winter solstice from ancient times?
The giant Yule Log burns .... a long time, right?
Don't know where the word itself comes from. Viking or Celtic, I'm guessing? Doesn't sound like a Roman word.
Total guess.

And it's OldLady for the win! :banana:

Yule 2019 will begin on December 22 and ends on January 2, 2020

Yule or Yuletide is a festival historically observed by the Germanic peoples. Scholars have connected the original celebrations of Yule to the Wild Hunt, the god Odin,

Dayum...I forgot all the people named yule.

There is also yul kiltcher.

I always thought it was taking a big dump. At least that's what gramps told me as a kid, that he unloaded a Yule Log in the septic after holiday dinner.

I had one of these for years--except mine had three candles. Nice piece of white birch, and I decorated it with live greens and berries every Christmas and lit the candles every night. Yule logs for those with no fireplace.
bf01ee92e6dbc6e9d54e3e78555fbe48.jpg

NO GOOGELING! Take your best guess...And don't say "gibbons". I ain't talkin' about that pine tree eatin' some bish! :)

As in the line in the song Deck the halls: "While I tell of Yuletide treasure, Fa la la la la la la la la." :banana:

Readyyyyyyyyyyy GO!

Yule shoot yer eye out, kid.

shoot.PNG

Readyyyyyyyyyyy GO!
Pagan religious festival celebrated in the winter, per Siri. Are you converting or just widening your horizons?

Forum List

Back