Quiz! Commonly Confused Words

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I guess I got the harder ones and missed some of the simpler? :teeth:

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14457200288064322170

English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog:

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 22% on Beginner

You scored higher than 32% on Intermediate

You scored higher than 34% on Advanced

You scored higher than 46% on Expert

English Genius
You scored 100% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 86% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

<TABLE cellPadding=1 align=center>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD align=middle><FONT size=5><B>English Genius</B></FONT><BR>You scored 78% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert! </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>You did so extremely well, even <I>I</I> can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

You scored 100% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 46% on Beginner

You scored higher than 11% on Intermediate

You scored higher than 62% on Advanced

You scored higher than 79% on Expert

I bet I messed up on a lot of the "who-whom" type stuff.

I hate the word "whom", and would like to kill it.

English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

English Genius

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 100% Expert!

Abbey Normal said:
English Genius

WOW! :clap1:

English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 86% Expert!

Come on, Mr. P., take the challenge!

Abbey Normal said:
English Genius

I'm astounded.... well, back to "Strunk and White" for me!!!!

Abbey Normal said:
English Genius

:bow3: :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

English Genius
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 86% Expert!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

You scored higher than 60% on Beginner

You scored higher than 38% on Intermediate

You scored higher than 37% on Advanced

You scored higher than 63% on Expert

eh, i knew it...i hate it when people use the wrong words for stuff (not by accident/typos, but because they truly do not know) and i trip over what they wrote, making their message harder to get...
English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 86% Expert!

You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 73% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

if i could spell i would be amazing

You scored higher than 33% on Beginner
You scored higher than 50% on Intermediate
You scored higher than 99% on Advanced
You scored higher than 83% on Expert

Forum List

Back