Quiz: Are you scientifically literate?

Pluto isn't a planet and the test lists it as a planet.

And they were also wrong about what the A in AM stands for: it is clearly amphibian as that is where you find all the rightwingloony lizards.

Yes, Pluto has been downgraded, but many still consider it a planet. Too many darn 'liberals' shrinking our solar system!:lol:

Christian Science Monitor Quiz...Are you scientifically literate?

Are you scientifically literate? Take our quiz - CSMonitor.com

My score...

Quiz results

37 Correct
13 Wrong

You answered 37 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 74%.

results

Correct

Wrong

You answered 40 of 50 questions correctly for a total score of 80%.

About three of the wrong I felt really stupid about. Interesting quiz.

MORE, MORE; I like quizzes like this, no sports or celebrity questions to lower my score.:eusa_angel:

hey i got the tshirt...pluto ...revolving in peace

pluto.jpg

plus i never got why pluto got downgraded......just seemed a bit odd to me...but all science does as proven by the score of this damned quiz

The ohm and joules stuff is just crap anyway that has no real life application other than buying a 9V battery for a Wah Wah pedal

The ohm and joules stuff is just crap anyway that has no real life application other than buying a 9V battery for a Wah Wah pedal

I have always felt that way about calculus.:lol:

That's because no one ever told you that calculus is a way to cheat at math.

Geometry, algebra I can accept, but NOT calculus, I got lost after the first semester. I got a "B", my mother considered that tantamount to matricide.

I have always felt that way about calculus.:lol:

That's because no one ever told you that calculus is a way to cheat at math.

I remember being amazed (must have been 11 or 12) that my dad won a prize for guessing jelly beans in a jar. At that age, you're really not convinced that your parents have any mad skills at anything. When he explained that he KNEW the diameter of the jar and how many jelly beans there were in "layer" and how he did it --- I wanted to be a magician too...

Actually, the principles of electricity, circuits, resistance, etc correlates nicely with human physiology with the circulatory system.

The equations work for that.

How many Newtons are acting on you at this very moment?

plus i never got why pluto got downgraded......just seemed a bit odd to me...but all science does as proven by the score of this damned quiz

It was downgraded because of the definition of planets decided upon in 2006, Pluto does not dominate Cheron, one of the alleged moons. Pluto is actually termed a "dwarf planet".

Forum List

Back