Quitting Smoking

I got really fricking pissed off at work on Friday. I caved and smoked a few. So I guess I am now at day 3 now. Family is doing fine, my pride not so fine.

:smoke:

bad, bad, bad! Oh well, never quit quitting is my motto...

I have been coughing up fur balls for a week now....*gack*

CSM said:
bad, bad, bad! Oh well, never quit quitting is my motto...

I have been coughing up fur balls for a week now....*gack*

If by "hairball" you mean dark ugly-tasting mucuous, then I resemble that remark...

Well, this has been a long process but it appears as if I might be successful this time. The original post was long ago....

I would like to thank everybody for their support! It has been a good thing. And the next picture you see of me will be sans cigarettes!

:D

no1tovote4 said:
Well, this has been a long process but it appears as if I might be successful this time. The original post was long ago....

I would like to thank everybody for their support! It has been a good thing. And the next picture you see of me will be sans cigarettes!

Awesome dude! the support here does help indeed.

Ohio residents might just want to consider this (quitting).
Tho' I don't smoke I do purchase them.
July 1, 2005 cigarettes will be increasing in price by $7 a carton.

About a billion years ago I created this thread to get help in quitting. I was successful, however lately I have had some serious urges to smoke. I have no idea what is triggering it. I thought I was over this....

*sigh*

Harder than I even thought it would be....

Still not smoking... It's been over a year now and I still occassionally have cravings and dreams about smoking! Whew...

Never start people.

Acupuncture!! It worked for me for 8 years (of course, about 2 years ago, I thought I could have "just one"... which you can't) but other than that, three sessions, no cravings after....

Good luck!:thup:

Still not smoking... It's been over a year now and I still occassionally have cravings and dreams about smoking! Whew...

Never start people.

Congratulations! I quit a pack and a half a day habit cold turkey 16 years ago...after my dad died of his third heart attack at 54 years old. Hell of a wake-up call that was.

Congratulations! I quit a pack and a half a day habit cold turkey 16 years ago...after my dad died of his third heart attack at 54 years old. Hell of a wake-up call that was.

Sorry Bully to hear of your father. I too quit 16 years ago. To those who want to rid themselves. I tried hypnosis, staple in the ear, patches, gum, etc. What really took was my six year old niece saying "Those things will kill you". Out of the mouths of babes. I put the pack down and never smoked again. No "assistant" (gums. patches,etc) will work until you say to yourself "That's the last damn time I'm going to put a nail in my own coffin" and mean it in your heart.

New Topics

Forum List

Back