quite the turn out at that one nation rally

Not sure why people are even comparing the numbers here.

The Beck rally was basically organized by one person.

This one has 400 Groups sponsoring it.

That's because Republicans are 90% one race.

Democrats are everyone else.

Does that have to be explained? Seriously?

lol ok my White hater.

he never said he hated whites, although that wouldn't necessarily be unwarranted

EDIT

i don't get the point of this dick measuring contest anyway, who cares how many people show up to a rally

Last edited:

Are you serious? Lmao.. It was basically funded by freedomworks, and other goofy astroturf organizations with unlimited money. Plus all the local tea party groups. It wasn't just organized by Beck.. Plus it got a ton of media attention.. The only mention this really got before the rally was on the Ed Show.

Straight up lies.

Even the "right wing" FOX news talked about this Rally in the last week.

lol ok my White hater.

he never said he hated whites, although that wouldn't necessarily be unwarranted

EDIT

i don't get the point of this dick measuring contest anyway, who cares how many people show up to a rally
I suggest you do a search of all of his posts on this board, and see how many times he says the Republican Party is All white, all Christian and Confederate.

Then get back to me on whether or not he hates white people :)

Who cares if "Beck" or "One Nation..." was bigger... well...

One Nation Working Together | Attendance | Restoring Honor | Mediaite

The link includes c-span video of the bizarre claim.

It was bound to happen that the organizers of this rally, the goal of which was decidedly to undermine the strength in numbers of the Tea Party, would claim to have brought together a larger number of people than Glenn Beck’s crew. Given the lack of evidence on this count, it’s certainly remotely possible, but claiming that it’s absolutely true based on one satellite image that no one was yet seen is a little, shall we say, premature. That said, it is a near certainty that there are more people congregated on the Mall today than there were on August 29th, given that there was no event scheduled to occur in the Mall on that date.

Update: The AP claims there is definitely no way there were more people here than during Restoring Honor:

More than 400 organizations — ranging from labor unions to faith, environmental and gay rights groups — partnered for the event, which comes one month after Beck packed the same space with conservatives and tea party-style activists.

Organizers claimed they had as many participants as Beck’s rally. But Saturday’s crowds were less dense and didn’t reach as far to the edges as they did during Beck’s rally. The National Park Service stopped providing official crowd estimates in the 1990s.

Much ado about nada. :lol:

For those of you who missed this leftwackaloon carnival freak show, let me recap:

Gimmie mo money for da gubmint schools!

Gimmie mo money for minimum wage!

Gimmie mo money to bail out our cushy union pensions!

Gimmie mo money for social safety sofa programs!

Gimmie "free" medical services!

Tax the shit out of them evil rich peeps!

Teabaggers in general , and Beck & Palin in particular, are racists!

Do it for da chiiiilllllldrrreeeeennnnnn!

Not 4 million...closer to 1.6 million REAL AMERICANS

We could have had it for the money we wasted on two wars

Are you serious? Lmao.. It was basically funded by freedomworks, and other goofy astroturf organizations with unlimited money. Plus all the local tea party groups. It wasn't just organized by Beck.. Plus it got a ton of media attention.. The only mention this really got before the rally was on the Ed Show.

Straight up lies.

1. I did read that article and that's why I posted the same article. I even read the next one from Newsbusters on Ed Shultz...go head google it to see if I'm right.

2. Fox news DID NOT cover this event. They talked about the event BEFORE the event but when I flipped to Fox the Wall Street Journal was on talking about anything but the rally. The only media that covered the event was MSNBC but MSNBC covered the Freedom Works rally too...dam biased liberals lol

Could've had none of the above and kept my money in my pocket.

ROFLMAO the amount "wasted" on 2 wars. One of WHICH I would point out Obama has escalated. Is dwarfed by the money wasted on Bail out programs in the last 2 years.

Straight up lies.

1. I did read that article and that's why I posted the same article. I even read the next one from Newsbusters on Ed Shultz...go head google it to see if I'm right.

2. Fox news DID NOT cover this event. They talked about the event BEFORE the event but when I flipped to Fox the Wall Street Journal was on talking about anything but the rally. The only media that covered the event was MSNBC but MSNBC covered the Freedom Works rally too...dam biased liberals lol

Wrong. Hannity, Oriley and Beck all Talked about this rally. Several times in the week leading up to it. It was also mentioned more than once on their Regular news side.

Around 175,000 to 200,000 attended according to a spokesman for the rally.

Denise Gray-Felder, a spokeswoman for the organizers of the rally, estimated that 175,000 to 200,000 people attended.

Big crowd gathers for liberal rally in Washington | Reuters

It sounds like the estimates are comparable to the Beck rally.

The numbers pissing match taking place between all of you was more than predictable. Both rallies seem to have drawn a few hundred thousand people and that's nothing to sneeze at. It would be nice if Americans across the whole spectrum would pay as much attention to what their government is doing as they do to sports and celebrities.

Around 175,000 to 200,000 attended according to a spokesman for the rally.

Denise Gray-Felder, a spokeswoman for the organizers of the rally, estimated that 175,000 to 200,000 people attended.

Big crowd gathers for liberal rally in Washington | Reuters

It sounds like the estimates are comparable to the Beck rally.

The numbers pissing match taking place here today was more than predictable. Both rallies seem to have drawn a few hundred thousand people and that's nothing to sneeze at. It would be nice if Americans across the whole spectrum would pay as much attention to what their government is doing as they do to sports and celebrities.

I applaud Both Groups for rallying. We need more people involved in our politics. Not less.

However I do find it rather funny. The same libs on this site and others. who tried to downplay the numbers at 8/28, are widely over stating how many showed to One Nation.

ROFLMAO the amount "wasted" on 2 wars. One of WHICH I would point out Obama has escalated. Is dwarfed by the money wasted on Bail out programs in the last 2 years.

although i agree Obama was wrong by not withdrawing our troops, the wars have been inarguably more expensive than the bailout

Really? That's interesting. Because, according to official statistics only 63% of Americans actually bothered to vote at all in 2008. (Granted a slightly higher percentage among African Americans - 68%) But, that means there's still a substantial number who don't even vote, yet alone march lock step with you lunatics.

Charles main doesn't know the difference between talking about something and covering the event. I'll say it again Fox News did not cover this event...they spoke about it but did not cover the actual event.

Msnbc covered the tea party rallies tho

Forum List

Back