Quit smoking. Vape instead.

I was a very heavy smoker 2 and a half packs a day. Then an employee got a vape kit for his birthday and I tried it. That was the last cigarette I ever had. I simply never wanted another cigarette. That was years ago. I gradually cut down the nicotine and now I'm at zero. I never intended to quit smoking. I didn't have a goal to quit smoking it just happened, naturally. I recommend vaping to everyone.

I was a very heavy smoker 2 and a half packs a day. Then an employee got a vape kit for his birthday and I tried it. That was the last cigarette I ever had. I simply never wanted another cigarette. That was years ago. I gradually cut down the nicotine and now I'm at zero. I never intended to quit smoking. I didn't have a goal to quit smoking it just happened, naturally. I recommend vaping to everyone.
I'm down to 3 mg. My goal is 0.

If you are down to 3 mg, you will not notice a difference in making the switch to 0. How do you switch strengths? If you get a bottle of juice at 3 mg and a bottle of juice at 0 mg, and switch off each fill, you won't notice at all when you stop using the 3 mg.

If you are down to 3 mg, you will not notice a difference in making the switch to 0. How do you switch strengths? If you get a bottle of juice at 3 mg and a bottle of juice at 0 mg, and switch off each fill, you won't notice at all when you stop using the 3 mg.
I'll give that a try. Thanks.

The issue of vaping is so controversial and there are pros and cons. I have read a lot of articles about vaping because I am not sure about vaping at my university. Free smokers zones were created and it became a problem, after all, fume from cigs and from vapes has a difference. SO I find the article on VapingDaily which helped me and answered my questions. You can find something for you))))

I quit smoking cold turkey.

Vaping looks absolutely stupid, to just let you know.

But . . . if it works for skye and others . . . good on you.
Me too, cold turkey. I was the biggest little bitch the first week but after that, no problemo.

It's good you all are trying to quit smoking. I hope you succeeed.
Actually, I have, for all intents, and purposes, quit. I walk my dog about 4 times a day, and I have a cigarette those times, just because I do like the taste of traditional tobacco. The rest of the day, I vape.

Have you tried the e-juices flavored like various tobaccos? I haven't, since I was never a smoker, but I know some people who swear by them.

I'm one of the handful of anomalous vapers who was never a smoker. I take medication to help regulation my moods and my anxiety, but they're geared toward long-term, overall use. For acute stress, they're useless, and I didn't want to use tranquilizers for that purpose, because I'd be drugged into insensibility most of the time. My doctor recommended that I look into vaping, because nicotine - minus the harmful ingredients in tobacco - can help manage acute stress. I may be the only person you will ever encounter who actually had nicotine prescribed by a doctor without having been a smoker.

I, too, am fed-up with imbeciles who want to invent rules and manufacture "outrage" based on their own uninformed beliefs about vaping. Being me, I am fully prepared to tear someone a new orifice if they come at me the wrong way, particularly if I'm already having a bad day. I clearly recall an argument I had with a pregnant woman at a bus stop. I was sitting on the end of the bench when she walked up and arrogantly informed me, "You have to stop that. You can't do that around me." Excuse me? I didn't knock her up; I fail to see how it's my problem.

As it happens, Arizona laws about smoking specifically exclude vape as not being a tobacco product (which it's not). Doesn't stop everyone and his dumbass brother from pitching a hissy. But don't pitch a hissy at me about violating the law, because LEGALLY, vape is not prohibited anywhere in the state.

Vaping is better than smoking, but it is still an addiction that keeps you in thrall to nicotine.

Do what you like with your own life, it is of no importance to me. I am not judging folks who choose to imbibe in either.

I don't smoke or vape and I never will. I don't want to be a slave to any substance. That is my choice.

:thup:

I don't smoke at all but vaping seems like halfassing it to me...if you're gonna do it you might as well smoke.

I don't smoke at all but vaping seems like halfassing it to me...if you're gonna do it you might as well smoke.

Um, no. The point of vaping is to get the nicotine without getting the harmful garbage. Nicotine itself is not harmful, unless you ingest it in insane amounts, at which literally anything would be harmful.

Um, no. The point of vaping is to get the nicotine without getting the harmful garbage. Nicotine itself is not harmful, unless you ingest it in insane amounts, at which literally anything would be harmful.

Or somebody could be strong willed enough to just not smoke in the first place? I smoked a pack a day for years...had my last cigarette, went cold turkey, 11 years later haven't touched one (if I'm in a public place with a lot of smoking around me I do get the craving tbh, but I manage).

Or somebody could be strong willed enough to just not smoke in the first place? I smoked a pack a day for years...had my last cigarette, went cold turkey, 11 years later haven't touched one (if I'm in a public place with a lot of smoking around me I do get the craving tbh, but I manage).

Or somebody could understand that addiction isn't about "strong-willed" or not, and that all humans aren't alike?

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Move away from the "My way of being is the ONLY right way of being" mindset. Not everyone is like you, not everyone wants to be like you, and it wouldn't be a good thing even if they were.

I never get a craving. I don't even think about it. I look upon vaping the same as chewing gum. I use 0 nicotine.

I never get a craving. I don't even think about it. I look upon vaping the same as chewing gum. I use 0 nicotine.

I suspect I'm more addicted to the activity than I am the nicotine itself.

Vaping appears to be just as addictive as smoking, and looks retarded. .... :cool:
I Know Someone That's 'Smoked' For Years
Never Inhaled, Just Puffs

Now He's Vaping
Because It's So Hard A Habit
To Stop Buying Something He Doesn't Use

Or somebody could understand that addiction isn't about "strong-willed" or not, and that all humans aren't alike?

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Move away from the "My way of being is the ONLY right way of being" mindset. Not everyone is like you, not everyone wants to be like you, and it wouldn't be a good thing even if they were.

Cool story Shakespeare. Obviously not everybody is like me...but when you play with the Devil, there's a good chance you'll get burned. Yes it is about being strong or weak minded. Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you pick one up.

Cool story Shakespeare. Obviously not everybody is like me...but when you play with the Devil, there's a good chance you'll get burned. Yes it is about being strong or weak minded. Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you pick one up.

Hey, if it's that important to you to tell yourself you're superior, far be it from me to tear at your reason for living.

Hey, if it's that important to you to tell yourself you're superior, far be it from me to tear at your reason for living.

Never stated I was superior. Just stated that nobody forces anybody else to pick up a smoke. It's that individual's choice.

Forum List

Back