Quit Moving The Goal Posts! Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan...

Well this is your lucky day High--Grav:

HAHAHAHA I don't have a share in this man, or I would be preaching for us to stay in Afghanistan, I just want us out of there.

See I got connections to Halliburton and for a limited time only -- I can offer you this great deal on gold mining in Afghanistan.. Got to take it NOW -- before the withdrawal tho.. Supplies are limited... PM me -- we'll talk details... (LOL)

Blind Boo:

NONE (not a cubic meter) of that nat gas is going to the US. It's for the power plants that Clinton sold to India and PROMISED them a pipeline transit agreement thru Afghan... So -- A US is involved in the construction.. Even then technically, we didn't do it for BIG GAS, we did it for BIG PIPE. So what? You gonna abandon all the valid MORAL reasons why we should leave and blame it on some boogeyman?

First, it was a response to this:
"There WAS talk of building a gas pipeline thru Afghan during the Clinton era. But NO investor is that stone stupid"

Second, I'm all for bringing the troops home.

the moment was missed ala Karzai election. Absent a real equitable and sane partner, the hand writing was on the wall.

History speaks to us, we allowed Diem to be assassinated and then watched 4 gov.s rise and fall over the next 3 years and still pumped more men and more equipment into Vietnam, trying to make it work, and as it went along more gov.'s rose and more fell. The effectiveness of the native gov. was a complete hash.

For those that don't realize it or have not done any in depth reading, there was 2 camps in DC in 63, one that spptted Diem as they saw him as their best bet and most effective leader in the offing and extent and those that thought he had to go, so as to get someone in their whom would institute what the other camp thought was the correct 'type' as in demcoracy like ours, government.

As it became apparent letting Diem die was a disaster, we doubled down, here; we let Karzai back us into a corner, the only way was to oust him and let one of the other front runners take charge, instead we let him realize a false electoral result, which is just a big a mistake as was Diem being assassinated, we totally misread the sceanrios avaliable.

I can only assume any afhganis that really gave a crap probably said, well same old same old, and ifs its same old same old in Kabul, its gonna be same old same old everywhere else in Afghanistan, and so it is and so it shall be.

The taliban etc. has not been moved from eastern or North eastern provinces, out of what, 200 provinces we have control of 37. Afghan army units engaged in an op a few months ago got totally trashed, and now we are starting a slow death of a thousand cuts wind down.....even if we built an 'army', would they fight for Karzai? Doubt it...so, in effect there is no advances to be made, there fore we are wasting lives....Just get them out this summer and move on.

Oh and where are the calls or where were they as in; What is victory in Afghanistan?

Last edited:
Conducting a 'Drug War' is also just plain ludicrous. They've been dealing in Opium for Hundreds & Hundreds of years over there. So that's another thing we cannot change. And that wasn't part of the Mission either.
You rookies (regarding War) are toooooooooooooo humorous!!!! (...Besides being a little wet-behind-the-ears.)

When it comes to drugs & War, the suppliers KNOW who they can rely-upon, for....

$ $ $ $ $

I'm surprised no one's called.....

$ $ $ $ $

Either way, let's HEAR IT!!!, for....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nation building is an investment and takes decades, its only worth it if the country is an ally like Japan or Germany, the Afghans hate Americans, they don't trust us and don't want us there, alot of them have family members in the Taliban. I haven't seen any appreciation for the billions spent in Afghanistan in a long time, its definently time to pack our bags.

Couldn't agree more. The Afghans love their corruption. It really is their tradition & culture. We're crazy to think we can change them. The same goes for this stupid 'Drug War' over there. They've been dealing in Opium for a Thousand Years or more. So a 'Drug War' is just ridiculous. And that's not why we sent our Soldiers over there anyway. The People just need to put more pressure on our Government. Otherwise they will continue to move the Goal Posts on us.

You are definently spot on about the opium dealing in Afghanistan, these old farmers have been dealing it and growing it for generations, they are not going to stop because some American Military Officer is telling them to.
No doubt!!!

What's an......

:eusa_whistle:

Couldn't agree more. The Afghans love their corruption. It really is their tradition & culture. We're crazy to think we can change them. The same goes for this stupid 'Drug War' over there. They've been dealing in Opium for a Thousand Years or more. So a 'Drug War' is just ridiculous. And that's not why we sent our Soldiers over there anyway. The People just need to put more pressure on our Government. Otherwise they will continue to move the Goal Posts on us.

You are definently spot on about the opium dealing in Afghanistan, these old farmers have been dealing it and growing it for generations, they are not going to stop because some American Military Officer is telling them to.
No doubt!!!

What's an......

Motherfucker put the cocaine away.:cuckoo:

No doubt!!!

What's an......

No doubt!!!

What's an......

HG, why fight it?

bliss is-

Mr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.
View Post Unread Today, 06:27 AM
Remove user from ignore list
Mr. Shaman
View Post Unread Today, 06:40 AM
Remove user from ignore list
Mr. Shaman

No doubt!!!

What's an......

HG, why fight it?

bliss is-
....Whatever it takes ("conservative"-style), to avoid Reality....

Hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-say-no-evil.png

Last edited:
Mission Accomplished! Now lets GTFO! Our Soldiers shouldn't be responsible for propping up a corrupt Government,fighting a Drug War,and Oil Deals.

I'm totally for getting out, but perhaps it would be wise to wait until after we finish negotiations with the Taliban. Or if we are going to get out, then we shouldnt be in negotiations with the Taliban.

I'm totally for getting out, but perhaps it would be wise to wait until after we finish negotiations with the Taliban. Or if we are going to get out, then we shouldnt be in negotiations with the Taliban.

Negociating with the Taliban for what? they are not going to honor anything after we withdraw.

The Taliban will be controlling vast portions of Afghanistan for the foreseeable future. They are very well supported by many Afghans. We're just not gonna change that. And even this President and current Secretary of Defense are admitting this. They are currently negotiating a deal with the Taliban. So how can we order our Soldiers to go out there and hunt the Taliban while our Government is negotiating with them? That's just wrong in my opinion. The Taliban has won this War somewhat. Our own Government is now admitting this. It's time to wrap it up over there. No more Soldiers need to be killed. Let the Afghans take care of their own problems. Let them worry about their corrupt Government and War on Drugs.

They wouldn't be negotiating with the Taliban if they weren't admitting they will be controlling a sizable portion of Afghanistan when it's all said & done. So should they be ordering our Soldiers to go out and hunt the Taliban when it's already a done-deal? That seems pretty low and shameful in my opinion. Why should they be ordered to their deaths for nothing? The Taliban has won this War somewhat. Our own Government is now admitting this. They don't admit it publicly but by negotiating a deal with the Taliban,they are admitting it privately. So there is no need for another Soldier to die. Because they really would be dying for nothing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back