Quit Moving The Goal Posts! Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Jun 24, 2011.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Kill the Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. Well we've done that so it's time to leave Afghanistan. That was what the Mission was all about. Now it seems they're continuously moving the Goal Posts on us. Now it's all about a 'War on Drugs' and propping up the Afghan Government. But that's not why we sent our kids over there. They have bravely carried out their duties and have been successful. They have won. I don't want to hear another word about awful & corrupt the Afghan Government is. Corruption is tradition and culture for the Afghans. We're not going to change that. They've been doing that long long before there ever was a United States of America. So lets move on and quit thinking we can change them. The Afghan People will have to decide for themslves what they want from their Government. It's in their hands now.

Conducting a 'Drug War' is also just plain ludicrous. They've been dealing in Opium for Hundreds & Hundreds of years over there. So that's another thing we cannot change. And that wasn't part of the Mission either. Now we get to the huge Oil & Gas Deals over there. Unfortunately i believe that's the biggest reason we're staying. Obviously our Government doesn't say this but it seems pretty obvious to me. Lots & lots of cash to be made off those Oil & Gas Deals. So they just keep moving the goal posts on Afghanistan. 'Wars on Drugs' and Nation-Building will keep us there forever. So what happened to the Mission? Kill the Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. Looks like we've done that,so why are we still there? Our Government needs to stop moving those Goal Posts and bring our kids home. Period,end of story.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    BINGO!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

3. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yea man,'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building will keep us there forever. They really have dramatically changed what the Mission was really all about. Most Americans just don't support 'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building over there. They just don't care how corrupt the Afghan Government is or that they deal in Opium. Those are problems for the Afghan People to solve. We didn't send our Soldiers over there for that. They've won the War and accomplished their Mission. Time to come home.

4. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Nation building is an investment and takes decades, its only worth it if the country is an ally like Japan or Germany, the Afghans hate Americans, they don't trust us and don't want us there, alot of them have family members in the Taliban. I haven't seen any appreciation for the billions spent in Afghanistan in a long time, its definently time to pack our bags.

5. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Couldn't agree more. The Afghans love their corruption. It really is their tradition & culture. We're crazy to think we can change them. The same goes for this stupid 'Drug War' over there. They've been dealing in Opium for a Thousand Years or more. So a 'Drug War' is just ridiculous. And that's not why we sent our Soldiers over there anyway. The People just need to put more pressure on our Government. Otherwise they will continue to move the Goal Posts on us.

6. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    You are definently spot on about the opium dealing in Afghanistan, these old farmers have been dealing it and growing it for generations, they are not going to stop because some American Military Officer is telling them to. Osama Bin Laden wasn't even in Afghanistan anyways so I don't know why we are still there, I guarantee you Ayman Al-Zawihiri and the other top Al Qaeda retards are in Pakistan too.

7. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yea and corruption is a way of life for Afghans. What we call corruption here in the West is just tradition & culture for them. We're not gonna change that. And a 'War on Drugs' is just insane. Our Soldiers should have nothing to do with that stuff. I think it all gets back to those huge Oil & Gas Deals over there. That's likely the main reason we're staying. The Nation-Building and 'Drug War' are just covers. They have to make up reasons for us to stay at this point. The Mission is accomplished and they know it. But as usual,it's all about that Oil. It's very sad.

8. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    We would have lost ZERO troops, saved TRILLIONS of dollars, and took out the enemy 100% if we used nukes. That'll teach those mother fuckers who to fuck with.

9. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Our men and women shouldn't be dying for oil and gas deals, and besides that, who is profiting from these contracts? our economy is in the shitter so its definently not us.

10. LibocalypseNow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I hear ya. But these huge deals are playing a part. The Nation-Building and 'Drug War' are probably just scams. They have to come up with reasons for us to stay and protect the Oil & Gas Deals. They know they can't tell the People that's the only reason we're staying. The People would not accept it. So they keep spinning all this B.S. about corruption in the Afghan Government and how we have to stay and help them build a "Good" Government. Yet I don't know a single American who gives a shit about how corrupt the Afghan Government is. Our Soldiers should not be dying for that. And to Hell with their 'Drug War' too. No kids should die for that absurdity. See,now i'm getting pissed. lol! Gotta run H.G. Have a good day man. :)