Quit Moving The Goal Posts! Time To Get Out Of Afghanistan...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Kill the Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. Well we've done that so it's time to leave Afghanistan. That was what the Mission was all about. Now it seems they're continuously moving the Goal Posts on us. Now it's all about a 'War on Drugs' and propping up the Afghan Government. But that's not why we sent our kids over there. They have bravely carried out their duties and have been successful. They have won. I don't want to hear another word about awful & corrupt the Afghan Government is. Corruption is tradition and culture for the Afghans. We're not going to change that. They've been doing that long long before there ever was a United States of America. So lets move on and quit thinking we can change them. The Afghan People will have to decide for themslves what they want from their Government. It's in their hands now.

Conducting a 'Drug War' is also just plain ludicrous. They've been dealing in Opium for Hundreds & Hundreds of years over there. So that's another thing we cannot change. And that wasn't part of the Mission either. Now we get to the huge Oil & Gas Deals over there. Unfortunately i believe that's the biggest reason we're staying. Obviously our Government doesn't say this but it seems pretty obvious to me. Lots & lots of cash to be made off those Oil & Gas Deals. So they just keep moving the goal posts on Afghanistan. 'Wars on Drugs' and Nation-Building will keep us there forever. So what happened to the Mission? Kill the Terrorists and get those responsible for 911. Looks like we've done that,so why are we still there? Our Government needs to stop moving those Goal Posts and bring our kids home. Period,end of story.

Last edited:

Yea man,'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building will keep us there forever. They really have dramatically changed what the Mission was really all about. Most Americans just don't support 'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building over there. They just don't care how corrupt the Afghan Government is or that they deal in Opium. Those are problems for the Afghan People to solve. We didn't send our Soldiers over there for that. They've won the War and accomplished their Mission. Time to come home.

Yea man,'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building will keep us there forever. They really have dramatically changed what the Mission was really all about. Most Americans just don't support 'Drug Wars' and Nation-Building over there. They just don't care how corrupt the Afghan Government is or that they deal in Opium. Those are problems for the Afghan People to solve. We didn't send our Soldiers over there for that. They've won the War and accomplished their Mission. Time to come home.

Nation building is an investment and takes decades, its only worth it if the country is an ally like Japan or Germany, the Afghans hate Americans, they don't trust us and don't want us there, alot of them have family members in the Taliban. I haven't seen any appreciation for the billions spent in Afghanistan in a long time, its definently time to pack our bags.

Nation building is an investment and takes decades, its only worth it if the country is an ally like Japan or Germany, the Afghans hate Americans, they don't trust us and don't want us there, alot of them have family members in the Taliban. I haven't seen any appreciation for the billions spent in Afghanistan in a long time, its definently time to pack our bags.

Couldn't agree more. The Afghans love their corruption. It really is their tradition & culture. We're crazy to think we can change them. The same goes for this stupid 'Drug War' over there. They've been dealing in Opium for a Thousand Years or more. So a 'Drug War' is just ridiculous. And that's not why we sent our Soldiers over there anyway. The People just need to put more pressure on our Government. Otherwise they will continue to move the Goal Posts on us.

Couldn't agree more. The Afghans love their corruption. It really is their tradition & culture. We're crazy to think we can change them. The same goes for this stupid 'Drug War' over there. They've been dealing in Opium for a Thousand Years or more. So a 'Drug War' is just ridiculous. And that's not why we sent our Soldiers over there anyway. The People just need to put more pressure on our Government. Otherwise they will continue to move the Goal Posts on us.

You are definently spot on about the opium dealing in Afghanistan, these old farmers have been dealing it and growing it for generations, they are not going to stop because some American Military Officer is telling them to. Osama Bin Laden wasn't even in Afghanistan anyways so I don't know why we are still there, I guarantee you Ayman Al-Zawihiri and the other top Al Qaeda retards are in Pakistan too.

You are definently spot on about the opium dealing in Afghanistan, these old farmers have been dealing it and growing it for generations, they are not going to stop because some American Military Officer is telling them to. Osama Bin Laden wasn't even in Afghanistan anyways so I don't know why we are still there, I guarantee you Ayman Al-Zawihiri and the other top Al Qaeda retards are in Pakistan too.

Yea and corruption is a way of life for Afghans. What we call corruption here in the West is just tradition & culture for them. We're not gonna change that. And a 'War on Drugs' is just insane. Our Soldiers should have nothing to do with that stuff. I think it all gets back to those huge Oil & Gas Deals over there. That's likely the main reason we're staying. The Nation-Building and 'Drug War' are just covers. They have to make up reasons for us to stay at this point. The Mission is accomplished and they know it. But as usual,it's all about that Oil. It's very sad.

We would have lost ZERO troops, saved TRILLIONS of dollars, and took out the enemy 100% if we used nukes. That'll teach those mother fuckers who to fuck with.

Yea and corruption is a way of life for Afghans. What we call corruption here in the West is just tradition & culture for them. We're not gonna change that. And a 'War on Drugs' is just insane. Our Soldiers should have nothing to do with that stuff. I think it all gets back to those huge Oil & Gas Deals over there. That's likely the main reason we're staying. The Nation-Building and 'Drug War' are just covers. They have to make up reasons for us to stay at this point. The Mission is accomplished and they know it. But as usual,it's all about that Oil. It's very sad.

Our men and women shouldn't be dying for oil and gas deals, and besides that, who is profiting from these contracts? our economy is in the shitter so its definently not us.

Our men and women shouldn't be dying for oil and gas deals, and besides that, who is profiting from these contracts? our economy is in the shitter so its definently not us.

I hear ya. But these huge deals are playing a part. The Nation-Building and 'Drug War' are probably just scams. They have to come up with reasons for us to stay and protect the Oil & Gas Deals. They know they can't tell the People that's the only reason we're staying. The People would not accept it. So they keep spinning all this B.S. about corruption in the Afghan Government and how we have to stay and help them build a "Good" Government. Yet I don't know a single American who gives a shit about how corrupt the Afghan Government is. Our Soldiers should not be dying for that. And to Hell with their 'Drug War' too. No kids should die for that absurdity. See,now i'm getting pissed. lol! Gotta run H.G. Have a good day man. :)

I was all with y'all til that ridiculous claim of we're "there for the oil & gas deals".. There WAS talk of building a gas pipeline thru Afghan during the Clinton era. But NO investor is that stone stupid.. And are we REALLY getting a superiour deal on all that Iraqi oil? Maybe we got a few contracts for equipment and drilling that we otherwise wouldn't have gotten. But have we STOLEN any or been given any for free?

Can't we just do this on the merits of our case folks? And stop making crap up...

Last edited:
No more of our brave Soldiers should have to die for propping up a corrupt Government,fighting a stupid Drug War,and Oil Deals. Shouldn't our kids mean more to us? They have already won this War. They have accomplished their Mission. Lets not continue to make their deaths meaningless.

I was all with y'all til that ridiculous claim of we're "there for the oil & gas deals".. There WAS talk of building a gas pipeline thru Afghan during the Clinton era. But NO investor is that stone stupid.. And are we REALLY getting a superiour deal on all that Iraqi oil? Maybe we got a few contracts for equipment and drilling that we otherwise wouldn't have gotten. But have we STOLEN any or been given any for free?

Can't we just do this on the merits of our case folks? And stop making crap up...

Ok, so Afghanistan still has a trillion dollars of minerals in it, and Iraq has the second largest amount of oil in the world after the Saudis, do you really think these facts were just coincidences to us going in? its also a coincidence Libya has oil as well right?

Ok, so Afghanistan still has a trillion dollars of minerals in it, and Iraq has the second largest amount of oil in the world after the Saudis, do you really think these facts were just coincidences to us going in? its also a coincidence Libya has oil as well right?

20 years of screwing around in Iraq and we've gotten HOW MUCH oil from the deal? Stability? Yeah -- we pushed Saddam's ass out of Kuwait.. THAT - was about stability of the oil supply.. IN FACT High-Grav, we SHUT DOWN Iraqi oil for 12 years during the embargo. Ever hear of the great noble Oil for Food program? If you can make that case for Iraq -- I sure haven't heard any convincing evidence after 20 years.

Look -- I'm appalled by Libya.. AND -- I oppose 10 year OCCUPATIONS under most any conditions.

But claiming that there's a Trillion$$ of crap in the Afghan somewhere is just a factoid without a purpose. Surely, the Afghans would be pursuing that if it made economic sense.
Minerals? Yeah -- salt is a mineral. Doesn't mean you're rich...

Let's just do this because we don't want our nation bombing 4 countries a day. Isn't that just as powerful an argument WITHOUT the folk lore and MOVEON rhetoric??

Last edited:

20 years of screwing around in Iraq and we've gotten HOW MUCH oil from the deal? Stability? Yeah -- we pushed Saddam's ass out of Kuwait.. THAT - was about stability of the oil supply.. IN FACT High-Grav, we SHUT DOWN Iraqi oil for 12 years during the embargo. Ever hear of the great noble Oil for Food program? If you can make that case for Iraq -- I sure haven't heard any convincing evidence after 20 years.

Look -- I'm appalled by Libya.. I oppose 10 year OCCUPATIONS under most any conditions.

But claiming that there's a Trillion$$ of crap in the Afghan somewhere is just a factoid without a purpose. Surely, the Afghans would be pursuing that if it made economic sense.

Let's just do this because we don't want our nation bombing 4 countries a day. Isn't that just as powerful an argument WITHOUT the folk lore and MOVEON rhetoric??

The fact remains we only went into Iraq because it has potential because of its oil reserves, if Iraq was a dirt poor shithole like Darfur we wouldn't have sent 1 US Troop there. We didn't invade Iraq just because it was the right thing to do, and those mineral reserves are for real.

Afghanistan has One Trillion Dollars Worth of Mineral Deposits | Military Ring Info

Are you saying its just a coincidence that Iraq and Libya have oil, and that Afghanistan has 1 trillion dollars worth of minerals in it?

No Pipeline?:eek:

KABUL:
Afghan lawmakers on Saturday approved the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas agreement, Afghan television ToloNews reported.

The Afghan parliament’s International Liaison Commission said the agreement will act as a boost for the Afghan economy and the gas flow would help to strengthen relations between the countries involved in the project.

About 7,000 personnel will be assigned to ensure security to the project in Afghanistan, said Muhammad Anwar Akbari, a member of the commission.

Afghanistan will receive 1.2 billion cubic metres of natural gas once the project is completed.

Akbari said that this would rise to over five billion cubic metres within five years.

The cost of the project is estimated at around $7.8 billion, said Akbari. Construction work, with the help of an American firm, will begin by 2012 and is expected to be completed by 2014, he added.

Gas pipeline: Afghan parliament approves TAPI project – The Express Tribune

Look -- I'm appalled by Libya.. AND -- I oppose 10 year OCCUPATIONS under most any conditions.

No one should have believed that we would be getting Iraq oil for free. However keeping the oil reserves in friendly hands is what it is all about.

You are correct about Saddam invasion of Kuwait being about stability of the oil supply. Kuwait was overproducing oil and was driving the price down. Iraq was loosing money and was deaply in debt. President Bush could have stopped the invasion by telling Saddam that we would defend Kuwait as if we had a mutual defense pac with them (we didn't). But for some reason he allow our embassador to imply that we had no stake it an Arab on Arab conflict.

Blind Boo:

NONE (not a cubic meter) of that nat gas is going to the US. It's for the power plants that Clinton sold to India and PROMISED them a pipeline transit agreement thru Afghan... So -- A US is involved in the construction.. Even then technically, we didn't do it for BIG GAS, we did it for BIG PIPE. So what? You gonna abandon all the valid MORAL reasons why we should leave and blame it on some boogeyman?

High-Gravity:

Here's a better (more descriptive) link to the "discovery" of minerals in Afghan..

Afghan mineral wealth could top $1 trillion: Pentagon | Reuters

Seems like we invaded that country ... what? ... like 9 eight years ago? And we just DISCOVERED LAST YEAR that all this stuff was there? No that's a ballsy gamble wasn't it? C'Mon.. Oppose it because it's time to leave. And anyway --- there's no proof that WE are gonna steal or be given any of that discovery. It's a "bon voyage" gift to the Afghans. As it says in the article...

News of the country's untapped wealth is likely to intensify competition among regional players such as China, India and even Russia for a greater role in exploiting those resources.

Two Chinese firms have committed themselves to a $4 billion investment in the vast Aynak copper mine, south of Kabul, the biggest non-military foreign investment so far in the country.

Another big contract to mine an estimated 1.8 billion tons of high-quality iron ore in the remote mountainous region of Hajigak is expected to open for international bidding this year.

Firms from India and China are eyeing the contract, which the Afghan mines ministry says covers the largest unmined iron deposit in Asia.

Good luck with YOUR share of the Afghan gold mines...

Blind Boo:

NONE (not a cubic meter) of that nat gas is going to the US. It's for the power plants that Clinton sold to India and PROMISED them a pipeline transit agreement thru Afghan... So -- A US is involved in the construction.. Even then technically, we didn't do it for BIG GAS, we did it for BIG PIPE. So what? You gonna abandon all the valid MORAL reasons why we should leave and blame it on some boogeyman?

High-Gravity:

Here's a better (more descriptive) link to the "discovery" of minerals in Afghan..

Afghan mineral wealth could top $1 trillion: Pentagon | Reuters

Seems like we invaded that country ... what? ... like 9 eight years ago? And we just DISCOVERED LAST YEAR that all this stuff was there? No that's a ballsy gamble wasn't it? C'Mon.. Oppose it because it's time to leave. And anyway --- there's no proof that WE are gonna steal or be given any of that discovery. It's a "bon voyage" gift to the Afghans. As it says in the article...

News of the country's untapped wealth is likely to intensify competition among regional players such as China, India and even Russia for a greater role in exploiting those resources.

Two Chinese firms have committed themselves to a $4 billion investment in the vast Aynak copper mine, south of Kabul, the biggest non-military foreign investment so far in the country.

Another big contract to mine an estimated 1.8 billion tons of high-quality iron ore in the remote mountainous region of Hajigak is expected to open for international bidding this year.

Firms from India and China are eyeing the contract, which the Afghan mines ministry says covers the largest unmined iron deposit in Asia.

Good luck with YOUR share of the Afghan gold mines...

HAHAHAHA I don't have a share in this man, or I would be preaching for us to stay in Afghanistan, I just want us out of there.

Forum List

Back