Quit Complaining!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Will the older generation quit complaining about entertainment and how moral depravity in entertainment is ruining America? Remember your parents complained about Elvis. Remember your generation is going to die out and be replaced by the Millennials who like today's entertainment.

MTV-logo.jpg

Akgao-9G.jpeg

Yeah.

Here is a still photo from the classic TV Series "I Love Lucy", in which Lucy and Ricky are in separate beds to avoid angering advertisers:

th

And here's a cut from the "Jackass" series, in which one of the guys is shitting like a volcano:

I see a pretty clear trajectory. Perhaps you don't.

If you truly don't see decay in our culture, there's absolutely nothing else I can say to convince you, and I would submit that you're tacitly contributing to the problem.

another thing with this younger generation. they evidently weren't taught to respect their elders.

or any other manners

Will the older generation quit complaining about entertainment and how moral depravity in entertainment is ruining America? Remember your parents complained about Elvis. Remember your generation is going to die out and be replaced by the Millennials who like today's entertainment.

Yeah, but Elvis actually had talent, see.

I'll stop complaining as soon as the Millenials actually learn how to make music without autotune.

In other words: don't hold your breath. :badgrin:

Yeah.

Here is a still photo from the classic TV Series "I Love Lucy", in which Lucy and Ricky are in separate beds to avoid angering advertisers:

th

And here's a cut from the "Jackass" series, in which one of the guys is shitting like a volcano:

If you truly don't see decay in our culture, there's absolutely nothing else I can say to convince you, and I would submit that you're tacitly contributing to the problem.

We went from that a married couple sleeping in separate beds to things like VH1 dating naked talk about going from one extreme to another.

The sum total of intelligence in the Universe is constant, tv channels keep growing.

another thing with this younger generation. they evidently weren't taught to respect their elders.

or any other manners

Like in 'No Country for Old Men' when Tommy Lee Jones says that we'll know our culture is dead when the young stop saying "sir" and "mam".

I marked this post "Agree" because I believe it is completely valid to use a scene from a fictional movie as a guidebook to demarcating the rise and fall of real-world cultures.

or any other manners

tom sweetnam said:
Like in 'No Country for Old Men' when Tommy Lee Jones says that we'll know our culture is dead when the young stop saying "sir" and "mam".

I marked this post "Agree" because I believe it is completely valid to use a scene from a fictional movie as a guidebook to demarcating the rise and fall of real-world cultures.

I just wonder why Cormac McCarthy didn't spell his novel Ny Cyntry Fyr Yld Mynpigs.

Just sayin'. :badgrin:

Yeah.

th

I didn't know volcanoes shat.

Then again I didn't know you could make Little Rickies from separate beds either.

Isn't one of these less than honest?

Yeah, but Elvis actually had talent, see.

I'll stop complaining as soon as the Millenials actually learn how to make music without autotune.

In other words: don't hold your breath. :badgrin:

Actually -- Richard H hit it right on the head.

Yeah.

th

I didn't know volcanoes shat.

Then again I didn't know you could make Little Rickies from separate beds either.

Isn't one of these less than honest?

So that's your response.

Wow.

Illustrating my point.

I personally am getting tired of the constant whining about cell phones, electronics, etc. It is a different time. Our kids' childhood is not our childhood. I figured that if I can't beat em, I might as well join them and got myself a smartphone too.

I love the gadgets, I wish they would have been around when I was growing up..Don't expect me to be old and frumpy, it just won't work..

If I am out to dinner and I have my phone on silent and I want to look at it to check my messages, then how the heck is that some other diner's business? IF you want to sit around looking at other diners you dont' even know to find things to bitch and moan about, well, then sorry your life isn't complete. Sheesh.
The world could use a whole lot more of minding your OWN Business.

Forum List

Back