Quinnipiac Poll: Not Too Union Friendly

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Not all the polls seem to support unions as much as has been widely reported.

Quinnipiac's poll yield some different numbers:

- 46% say government shut down ok, 44% think it's bad (not really pertinent to unions)

- 35% say government worker pay about right, 42% say it's too much

- 63% to 31%, government workers should contribute more to their benefits and retirement programs

- "Efforts by governors to limit collective bargaining rights are motivated by a desire to reduce government costs rather than to weaken unions", voters agree 47% - 41%

Note: The forum wouldn't let me post the URL to the Quinnipiac poll because I'm a newbie so you'll have to Google it....sorry.

- 63% to 31%, government workers should contribute more to their benefits and retirement programs

a no-brainer.........the tea leaves the k00ks dont care about........but the rest of America does!!!

"Efforts by governors to limit collective bargaining rights are motivated by a desire to reduce government costs rather than to weaken unions", voters agree 47% - 41%

That's the one I thought was the least union friendly

LMFAO

So if Rasmussen isn't right-wing-biased enough to yield the necessary results, we'll find some obscure poll that will (almost)

:lol: :clap2:

LMFAO

So if Rasmussen isn't right-wing-biased enough to yield the necessary results, we'll find some obscure poll that will (almost)

Take note of the different language.

When you ask the question phrasing it as a "right" to collectively bargain, people are more prone to not want to see any "right" taken away.

When you ask the question if Governor's efforts to curb union's power is an attempt to hurt unions or to balance the budget, people can answer more honestly and when they do, they see them as only attempting to solve fiscal problems.

I find that difference quite relevant to this debate....don't you?

BTW....If Rasmussen is so "right-wing biased", then wouldn't you think they'd skew this poll to favor the Governors?

The fact that they didn't, kind of shoots that premise in the foot.

On the other hand, the NYT and CBS polls were shown to have a sampling bias towards union members and Democrats....so I place NO validity on their polling at all.

LMFAO

:lol:

step in a little further..

HAMDEN — The Quinnipiac University Poll was ranked as the most accurate among major pollsters who conducted surveys in two states during the recent election campaigns.

The ranking was done by well-known analyst Nate Silver, who blogs at FiveThirtyEight for the New York Times. He assigned the worse ranking, in terms of accuracy and bias, to Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, who conducted polls for Fox News.

Quinnipiac poll rated most accurate- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

Forum List

Back