Quinnipiac Poll May 1st, 2007

The topic is POLLS, your claiming your poll matters and only what you think of any poll matters, I am on topic. I am pointing out your claim is ludicrous on its face.

The topic is POLLS, your claiming your poll matters and only what you think of any poll matters, I am on topic. I am pointing out your claim is ludicrous on its face.

NO. the topic is a specific quinnipiac poll question taken on may 1st. Go back to the first page....read the poll question...read the responses...and then give me your thoughts on them.

And you are saying that my CLAIM that democrats in congress poll higher than republicans is ludicrous? or are you saying that my CLAIM that polling numbers for congress have been shitty for years and MORE shitty when YOUR side was last in power than they are now - is ludicrous? WHich claim is ludicrous?

Polls are worthless. But trying to cherry pick ( what Bush is accused of that with the response being that means he lied) which one you want is what is Ludicrous. And then trying to IGNORE any other poll is thigh slapping tear streaming hilarious.

More importantly Bush is NOT against Timetables. So the question asked is moot.In fact there are time tables already in place with specific goals and consequences or actions required when they are or are not met.

no...there is a difference between timetables and benchmarks. bush is against the former and begrudgingly accepting of the latter.

and your continued to refusal to accep the FACT that people like democrats in congress more than they do republicans. and the FACT that congressional approval ratings for congress NOW are higher than when YOU bozos ran it IS what is really funny.

no...there is a difference between timetables and benchmarks. bush is against the former and begrudgingly accepting of the latter.

and your continued to refusal to accep the FACT that people like democrats in congress more than they do republicans. and the FACT that congressional approval ratings for congress NOW are higher than when YOU bozos ran it IS what is really funny.

Yup, there is that "superior" intellect at work. Elitist bull shit from one of our "betters".

As for Timetables, they already exist, unless it is your claim that the entire Marine, Army, Navy and Airforce Staff in Iraq, Central Command and at the Pentagon are all incompetent boobs.

What doesn't exist and shouldn't exist is timetables that are published for our enemies to check and use against us. Making such "timetables" is nothing more than aiding and abetting our enemies with the firm knowledge that all they have to do is meet those timetables so thoughtfully provided by the US. Much like the continued open whining about dead US servicemen simply informs our enemies that all they need do is kill enough Americans at the right times and they get what they want.

Polls are worthless. But trying to cherry pick ( what Bush is accused of that with the response being that means he lied) which one you want is what is Ludicrous. And then trying to IGNORE any other poll is thigh slapping tear streaming hilarious.

two additional points.

1. I am not even sure I can decipher what the hell you are trying to say in the italicized sentence above.

2. I have never tried to IGNORE any other poll. I merely point out that when RSR claims that the dems have such and such an approval rating, that the statement is incorrect. Congress has a poor approval rating, but when asked to differentiate, the American people are clear about which party they think is really fucking up the worst.

Yup, there is that "superior" intellect at work. Elitist bull shit from one of our "betters".

As for Timetables, they already exist, unless it is your claim that the entire Marine, Army, Navy and Airforce Staff in Iraq, Central Command and at the Pentagon are all incompetent boobs.

What doesn't exist and shouldn't exist is timetables that are published for our enemies to check and use against us. Making such "timetables" is nothing more than aiding and abetting our enemies with the firm knowledge that all they have to do is meet those timetables so thoughtfully provided by the US. Much like the continued open whining about dead US servicemen simply informs our enemies that all they need do is kill enough Americans at the right times and they get what they want.

it doesn't take a superior intellect to know the difference between timetables and benchmarks, nor does it take a brainiac to know that Bush vetoed the former and has signalled he won't veto the latter.

and again.... do you think that if you think we didn't publish a timetable and tell them in advance when we were leaving, that they couldn't figure it out the instant we left? and again.... why do you think that the country will not dissolve into sectarian violence the minute we leave - whenever the hell that is?

Why do you think it will? What evidence do you use to support this theory? Saddam Hussein held it together for years and before him it didn't disolve into a civil war either. More importantly An Bar disproves the whole "civil war" claim to begin with.

Why do you think it will? What evidence do you use to support this theory? Saddam Hussein held it together for years and before him it didn't disolve into a civil war either. More importantly An Bar disproves the whole "civil war" claim to begin with.

that's rich!!! :rofl:

Saddam held it together for years and it didn't dissolve.....

and that is your rationale for why a multi-cultural jeffersonian democracy will succeed now that he is gone?

And what is the shi'ite population of An Bar, by the way?

Totally irrelavant. And I never said anything about a Democracy at all. Iraq will most likely return at least partly to a religious not a sectarian State, but maybe with a bit of democracy.

It is totally irrelavant if Democracy survives in Iraq or not. And is not even why we should stay.

( damn it how do you spell irrelavant? LOL) We need a spell checker for ignorant knuckledragging Neanderthals like me.

the point is: it WILL dissolve into sectarian violence. whenever we leave, it will happen. sunnis and shiites are more loyal to their sect than to this eurpopean created geographic construct called Iraq.

oh...and it is "irrelevant"

Thanks, the problem is without that spell checker I will continue to misspell it because I can't remember that spelling ( I just don't spell that word that often.)

Not that a spell checker means I would always use it....

do I have to point you to the harris polls which show democrats in congress with a much higher rating than republicans? it is the absolutely piss poor opinion of republicans that is dragging the congressional rating so low. congressional democrats on their own poll much higher than congressional republicans... and much higher than Bush....

and Bush is still the CinC and is still driving the bus...and a vast majority of AMericans think that HE is driving us in the wrong direction. You need to take a deep breath and smell the coffee, pal... Americans think you, your party and your president SUCK.:eusa_dance:

yet the voters wanted change and the Dems are doing nothing (unless you count raising taxes and wanting to surrender in Iraq)

What a joke. Polls are moronic to begin with, but your attempt to pretend that Americans like dems but don't like Republicans is silly. The Democrats have announced over and over they CONTROL Congress, that they have a MANDATE from the people, yet here you are reminding us that this control and mandate don't really exsist, all in a failed attempt to pretend that your cherished polls don't say what they say.

Also, I wonder when there will be a poll about the fact the Dems have gone against all their promises of inclusion and the MOST ethical Congress yet? The Dems can't not do what they want and so will change the rules to ensure almost 50 percent of our elected officials have NO voice. As I recall for the last 6 years they were howling that the Republicans did that to them... funny? If the rules are such in the House that the controlling party can silence the minority why do we need MORE changes to prevent the minority from having a voice or vote?

That is bipartisanship to Dems - they get to do whatever they want and the Republicans sit in their seats and never say a word

and while you are at it sarge....why don't YOU try doing what your buddy RSR seems incapable of doing: addressing the subject of this fucking thread.

Now that would be a novel concept!

But you NEVER post another poll that shows the Dems apporval numbers are tanking!

that's rich!!! :rofl:

Saddam held it together for years and it didn't dissolve.....

and that is your rationale for why a multi-cultural jeffersonian democracy will succeed now that he is gone?

And what is the shi'ite population of An Bar, by the way?

Saddam was a terrorist - much like Castro

Of course, libs have a habit of coddling terrorists

Forum List

Back