Quid Pro Quo: Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

Lotta people in that boat, expecting a bailout. Detroit is in big trouble these days, along with a lot of other cities and states. Too many promises that cannot be kept.

It's the quid pro quo. obama bought those votes, now it's time to pay up.

Let me get this straight. The "honorable" councilwoman from Detroit thinks that because the majority of people in Detroit voted for more handouts, the people of...Indiana...should be made to pay for those handouts.

Wonderful.

Oh hell with it, just print more money. Saddle those yet to be born with the bill. Fuck those kids, who needs them anyway!

Let me get this straight. The "honorable" councilwoman from Detroit thinks that because the majority of people in Detroit voted for more handouts, the people of...Indiana...should be made to pay for those handouts.

Wonderful.

Oh hell with it, just print more money. Saddle those yet to be born with the bill. Fuck those kids, who needs them anyway!

but raising taxes $80B a year when we are $1,300B in the hole a year will solve everything!!!!

I thought Obama saved Detroit?

We're heading to a East/West Germany future here in the USSA

The Progressive side will need guns - keep their people cooperative and will finally build a wall; but to keep their people inside.

Wonder when they will figure out he does not need them anymore?
He has more flexibility now

Wonderful.

but raising taxes $80B a year when we are $1,300B in the hole a year will solve everything!!!!

It's worse than that. Just SAYING we'll raise taxes will solve everything!!!

For as we learned just last week in the UK, raising tax rates on the rich can often result in LESS revenue. But rest assured, if that's exactly what happens, the Progressive will blame the reduced revenue on not enough spending...or global warming...or homophobia. If that fails, it will certainly be the fault of gun owners...somehow. :eusa_eh:

Wonderful.

'Quid pro quo'. There is a precedent. Apparently Detroit had similar issues after Jimmy Carter was elected and a Councilperson went to DC and 'brought home the bacon.'

I don't know a lot about politics particularly the 'history of' but from my meager recollections--Democrats/mob/mafia share wealth/power. That is not to say that the other side doesn't have plenty of skeletons and a dark, disturbing history.

This strikes me as a strategy that would be approved by mob titans. Godfather--there is also a price for friendship/favors.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying over what may go on behind the scenes but I assume the wheeling and dealing would make my head spin and I would be outraged.

Lotta people in that boat, expecting a bailout. Detroit is in big trouble these days, along with a lot of other cities and states. Too many promises that cannot be kept.

Too bad the auto industry wasn't saved so Detriot could make a comeback.

Liberals have destroyed Detroit with their unions and politicians, so now they want RED America to give them money......fuck her and her fellow goons.

She should've been hit upside the head with a chunk of ham when she was begging for bacon.

I guess if you live in a red state you should not expect any 'help'?

hmmmph!! That isn't Fair.

If Detroit gets 'bailed out' then we 'all' should expect the same. 'Fair'.

Fair? Does that have a new meaning? By your context clues, you dont know the present meanign of the word lol

Call your representative!

He should be a speed dial number on your Obamaphone!

Call early, call often!

Obama saved Detroit and killed bin laden

I guess Ohio and FL can expect an abundance of gifts in Santa's sleigh this year. They were very, very good.

Hope those affected by 'Superstorm' Sandy are doing well--have heat, electricity, some food and water--many lost homes and priceless family treasures--but let's focus on Detroit--they should have whatever they want.

Forum List

Back