Quicken

DOTR

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
I dont know where else to put this thread.

Does anybody here use the new Quicken? That is, Quicken under the new subscription software model? The new owners are going to ruin this once great program it looks like.

lol i thought you were talking about when a baby begins to move...nevermind

You always do this strollingbones. If you dont use "reply" i rarely go back and read.

Does nobody else use Quicken or Quickbooks or Moneydance or YNAB?

(And quickened babies will be quite safe soon) :)

220px-Highlander_II.jpg

Does anybody here use the new Quicken? That is, Quicken under the new subscription software model? The new owners are going to ruin this once great program it looks like.
I am not going to upgrade and will refuse to use it. Since they were bought out by a Company in India the price of software increased and now they want to hit you up for more. I am looking for a replacement and will replace it with something. Good luck if you are going to use it.

I am not going to upgrade and will refuse to use it. Since they were bought out by a Company in India the price of software increased and now they want to hit you up for more. I am looking for a replacement and will replace it with something. Good luck if you are going to use it.

So you have been but are not upgrading? I use Quicken 2016. Its been a great piece of software and I am totally dependent on it after using it since 1992. But Intuits rent seeking is what I always despised. So I only upgraded every five years or so.
Yes they were sold to a hedge fund and now you can only use the subscription model. 'Software as a service" is another rent-seeking scam and why Americans accept it I do not know. But these new owners seem determined to squeeze every dime from Quicken even if they have to kill it to do so.
Originally they claimed they would own your data.. If you upgraded to the new model and then didnt pay the yearly fee in, say five years, your data was encrypted. They held it hostage until you resume the subscription.They have backed away from that now. if you quit paying your data becomes read-only rather than lost. Marginally better but still not acceptable.

I hear they have decided to place advertisements in the program itself. More nickel and diming, Advertisements mixed with your private data!

So i guess I am done with Quicken. Sounds like you are too? Any suggestions?

Its overkill but I guess I will move on to Quickbooks.

Forum List

Back