Quick thinking teacher stops tragedy.

You will find that most teachers will be willing to give their lives to save their kids...and this being close to Columbine, I'm sure quite a few of the teachers ran a scenerio thru their heads as to "if this happened here, what would I do...?"

You will find that most teachers will be willing to give their lives to save their kids...and this being close to Columbine, I'm sure quite a few of the teachers ran a scenerio thru their heads as to "if this happened here, what would I do...?"

And that is the the key right there.

It's a lesson for everyone...by visualizing different courses of action in extreme situations, you increase your chances of survival/success 20 fold.

This technique has saved my wife and I's lives TWICE...once when I had a steer tire blowout and once when I lost my brakes on an interstate off ramp.

On the other hand, I was once caught flatfooted after being the sole witness to a terrible car accident...I had taken first aid and I knew the first thing to do was call 911...great so far, right? But I didn't know exactly where I was...I had been driving at the time.

I erroneously believed that 911 could zero in on my cell phone...they can, but not instantaneously even if you have your phones GPS locator on...you need to be able to tell them where you are.

Had I thought it thru I could have looked for a mile marker sign while heading over the embankment. Thank God at that moment a home owner came out of her house and ran over

A good way to practice expecting the unexpected is while watching TV.

When you hear something on the news like "two people were killed in an early morning house fire" think about what you would do in that circumstance. Should I change the battery in the fire alarm? Do I need a rope on the second floor?

It even works well when watching fictional programing, for example the plane crash in LOST.

What would you really do if you survived a plane crash in a remote area?

Or what would you do if a plane crashed near your home?

Using this technique can help you make the unexpected expected.

Last edited:
Not just teachers, bod... a lot of honorable people will put their lives down for kids

As long as they are not Muslim kids in Iraq.

US....im surprised you said that.....do you realize that there are dozens of incidences were those guys got between kids and gunfire over there.....just like that picture you posted showing those guys shielding the guy and his kid.....come on US....your better than that....:eusa_eh:

no one will ever know how many lives he saved.....when given the options of flight or fight....he fought...we should all be thankful for that....no telling what the death toll could have been

Forum List

Back