Quick request for the republicans of the board

I have to have a problem with either my eyes, my contacts or my monitor. I can't see any of these discussions.

Please someone point me towards one of the threads, I'll give an automatic rep :).

All I want to do is join one of the many ongoing discussions from board republicans about all the great conservative things Romney has accomplished.

Also - if you're too fucking dense to find such discussions, start your own, asswipe. Just hit "New Topic," or whatever it is, and get cracking....

That help?

Good.

Next?

Another insult, all I'm saying is I know with Romney being the republican nominee there's been a lot of talk about his conservative accomplishments.

I know republicans wouldn't elect someone without conservative accomplishments. Republicans hated that Obama was elected without accomphlishments, so I'm sure Romney has a long list and i'd like to join the discussion.

Obama had no accomplishments at all. Conservative, liberal or otherwise.

Are you going to come to a point soon?

Yeah, my point is this is a politics board with 25 threads per page so I know for a fact there's been lots of discussions from republicans about Romney's conservative accomplishments. I'm simply asking for those who were in those discussions to point me towards them as I'm obviously overlooking them.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............I'll come back here when you've stopped playing games and get to the point.

Mitt Romney - Tax Record as Governor

In 2002, Massachusetts' economy was rapidly deteriorating and the state government's deficit spending was growing (economic.htm). Antitax activist Barbara Anderson recalled:

“I was one of those who called Salt Lake City during the Olympics and begged him to come home to run, ...we taxpayers really needed a grown-up in the corner office. He hadn't planned to be that person, but after much urging on the part of many citizens, he gave in.”

Salem News - Feb 16, 2007 (archived copy on cltg.org)

By the time Mitt Romney took office as governor of Massachusetts, the current budget was running a deficit of approximately half a billion dollars [1], with about $650 million of deficit spending left to go before that budget expired. And the upcoming state budget for the year would have a deficit of nearly $3 billion if the budget was not cut or taxes increased. [2]

Senate President Robert E. Travaglini expressed the view that

“taxes will have to be raised to cope with the budget crisis, and said he and his Senate colleagues will lead the charge for new revenues...

“Travaglini's remarks point toward an almost inevitable collision between the new Senate leader and the governor, since Romney has vowed to veto any tax hike that reaches his desk.”

Boston Globe - Jan 29, 2003 (archived copy on cltg.org)

Governor Romney held firm and balanced the budget every year without raising taxes. [3] He fought to roll back the state income tax from 5.3% to 5.0% and created budgets based on a 5% income tax rate. [4] The legislature refused to reduce the tax rate, and by the end of his term, he had taken "Massachusetts from billions in deficit to billions in surplus".

There it is. But then:

However, until he was able to implement his healthcare reform, he also raised a fee to health insurers which upset the Citizens for Limited Taxation. [10] When all was said and done, Barbara Anderson, Executive Director of Citizens for Limited Taxation concluded, ''I've never liked most corporate loopholes anyhow -- especially when the corporations oppose "people tax cuts." And while I don't like fees on top of all our taxes, I don't equate them [taxes] with user fees.'' [11] As National Review reported,

“He [Gov. Romney] says, "we stayed away from broad-based fee increases such as driver's-license registrations." He says that balancing the budget without a tax hike has been his most significant accomplishment as governor. "We couldn't be happier with him," says Barbara Anderson of Citizens for Limited Taxation, the state's leading taxpayer group. Steve Adams of Boston's Pioneer Institute, a think tank, concurs: "Without Romney, we would have been slapped with a lot of new taxes." ”

Find more about Mittens at the link.

If you could provide me a link or bump a thread where one of the board's republicans talked about all of Romney's conservative achievements in office.

This joke is four months old. You're late.

I have to have a problem with either my eyes, my contacts or my monitor. I can't see any of these discussions.

Please someone point me towards one of the threads, I'll give an automatic rep :).

I don't know exactly what you're looking for but wouldn't you have been better off simply asking what his accomplishments were and then waited for people to respond? Or are you just in the mood to annoy his supporters?

I don't know exactly what you're looking for but wouldn't you have been better off simply asking what his accomplishments were and then waited for people to respond? Or are you just in the mood to annoy his supporters?

I'm doubting that thread would've gone any differently.

There has to be a Romney The Conservative thread somewhere. I mean this board is filled with people who call themselves conservative, they vote republican, there simply has to be a thread if not many threads that talk about his conservative accomphlishments.

Another insult, all I'm saying is I know with Romney being the republican nominee there's been a lot of talk about his conservative accomplishments.

He was an extremely successful turn-around pro in the private sector.

You know... profitable free enterprise and that sort of thing.

Are you really as ignorant on the topic as you seem?

There has to be a Romney The Conservative thread somewhere.

It's probably up your ass.
Pull the dick out of there - and ask your partner to shine a flashlight in there for a peek.

Warrior you were doing so well, I really thought there was finally going to be one thread where you didn't talk about dick. Well i guess you'll have to give it another shot tomorrow.

Seems a lot of ppl are awfully offended by this simple request, i can't think of any reason why they would be.

I'm doubting that thread would've gone any differently.

There has to be a Romney The Conservative thread somewhere. I mean this board is filled with people who call themselves conservative, they vote republican, there simply has to be a thread if not many threads that talk about his conservative accomphlishments.

Bain Capital?

When romney released his 72 billion steps to fixing our economy right after he started his campaign I tuned out. I didn't think it was really that complicated.

I see, could I be directed to that thread? Either that thread or the one that talks about his conservative accomplishments he had in office, since this is a politics board and he's running for office.

Either would work, thanks in advance.

I see, could I be directed to that thread?

You are limiting your knowledge and information sourcing on the matter to an internet forum?

And you wonder why people are treating you like some kind of dumbass?

Forum List

Back