Quick question about "Corporations as people"

Here is a question I have about "Corporations as people"

What is their citizenship? Could foreigners buy corporations and gain access to our political system through the SC ruling? Also, what was the SC ruling so I can look it up.

Thanks to all that help me answer these question.

corporate citizenship lies in the state of their incorporation. for example, if a company is incorporated in delaware, it is a citizen of delaware.

Delaware must have more "Corporation People" citizens than actual people citizens then.

that's probably a really good bet. :)

and it's interesting that you should bring that up. the reason is, as you know, that delaware has the most lax corporate regulations. so those people who think insurance companies should be able to operate across state lines should understand that they'd incorporate where the insurance regulations were most favorable to them.

corporate citizenship lies in the state of their incorporation. for example, if a company is incorporated in delaware, it is a citizen of delaware.

Delaware must have more "Corporation People" citizens than actual people citizens then.

that's probably a really good bet. :)

and it's interesting that you should bring that up. the reason is, as you know, that delaware has the most lax corporate regulations. so those people who think insurance companies should be able to operate across state lines should understand that they'd incorporate where the insurance regulations were most favorable to them.

That's been the entire aim of pushing that policy, credit cards used to be a losing proposition for banks until they allowed them to offer credit across state lines.

Forum List

Back