Quick Primer on All things GRIND

Grind

Adversary
Mar 19, 2009
The first thread was a basic introduction and announcement I have arrived, but this thread is sort of a separate subject and thus warrants it's own thread, I can't expect everyone to wade through all my fans to get to the real content of my posts.

So for those that don't know me, I am going to try to think of every major political/social/economic issue and give you my simple stance on them.

Gay Marriage: Support it

Abortion: Pro-choice, against partial birth unless mothers life is at risk (and those definitions need to be clarified)

Drugs: Most drugs should be legal, with the exception of any drugs that may cause harm to others. Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, LSD, Mushrooms, etc all legal. Naturally I am against the drug war as well.

Religion: Atheist. Anyone that claims to be agnostic isn't being truthful with themselves. Yeah, we can't disprove god. You also can't disprove leprechauns dance around your room at night when you sleep, doesn't mean you should believe in them.

Intelligent Design: This should have no place in a science class because it is not science. Pretty interesting concept huh?

Taxes: Ideally, I would like to see a world where taxes are only paid voluntarily. Realistically, I support the "Fair Tax", a Flat tax, or a land value tax (ordered from least to most desirable).

Death Penalty
: Reluctantly against, but not so much on moral grounds, more so from a practical standpoint (money) and the fact we will kill innocent people.

Immigration
Blah.

Can't think of anymore political,economic,social issues right now, 230am. Feel free to ask though.

More stuff about Grind:

Favorite Color: Red
Favorite type of music: indie rock/post rock/electronic/
Favorite band (all time): Radiohead
Favorite Band (currently): Wolf Parade
Other Bands I listen too (like you care but whatevs):

*(scrolls through itunes alphabetically picking out his favs)*

Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, Deerhoof, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Handsome Furs, Hot Chip, Modest Mouse, Pixies, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Ratatat, RJD2, Silver Mt Zion, Sunset Rubdown

Here are some clips. We all like clips right? Yes.

*(Posts the most likely least accessible music for people to get into)*

Wolf Parade - Fancy Claps:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKquJzgeQcM]YouTube - Wolf Parade Live: Fancy Claps[/ame]

Ratatat - Gettysburg: (You also get to learn about nuclear proliferation.. coooooool)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lADZG6-PI&feature=channel_page]YouTube - GOOD: Nuclear Weapons[/ame]

Favorite Cusine: italian
Favorite Drink: Red Bull
Favorite Beer: Guiness/Harpoon IPA/Magic Hat stuff
Brothers: 2
Parents: Still alive
No pets cept a fish that died cause my mom thought they didn't need to eat food cause it's a fish...? (sigh)

Hobbies: Poker/Science/Tech/Photography/Politics (o rly?)
Favorite Movies: Cidade De Deus/Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind (anything with kaufman or gondry basically)...Science of Sleep, Anything by Wes Anderson. Anything by David Lynch. Requiem for a Dream.

Hope this has been another exciting adventure in Grind Land.

- Grind

Last edited:
Anyone that claims to be agnostic isn't being truthful with themselves. Yeah, we can't disprove god. You also can't disprove leprechauns dance around your room at night when you sleep, doesn't mean you should believe in them.

You're a tad confused about what agnosticism actually means, amigo. It certainly does NOT mean what you think it means....as in the following:

You also can't disprove leprechauns dance around your room at night when you sleep, doesn't mean you should believe in them.

Here's what it actually means, FYI

http://www.answers.com/topic/agnosticism

Gay Marriage:
Abortion:
Drugs:
Religion:
Intelligent Design:
Taxes:
Death Penalty:
Immigration:
Guns, 2nd:
Favorite Color:
Favorite type of music:
Favorite band (all time):
Favorite Band (currently):
Political ideology:
Marital status:
Children:
Grandchildren:
Favorite pastime:
Favorite thing to do:
Favorite Cuisine:
Favorite Drink:
Favorite Beer:
Brothers:
Parents:
Pets:
Hobbies:
Favorite Movies:
Favorite Books:
Favorite author:
Favorite person:
Dislike the most:
Want to do someday:

Round of applause for the above post.

Feel free to add.

Buy American support yourself. American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA

In your view why are agnostics fooling themselves?

Well I already explained in my initial post. Agnostics are just being true to what they actually believe, for whatever reasons they may have. I would guess most agnostics eventually become atheists once they realize the silliness of holding out.

They make the claim that they can't except the existence of god, but they can't dispprove him either. Well, there are lots of things you can't disprove, but it doesn't mean you allow for the possability of them. They are just reluctant to completely rule out the concept of god mostly because of having it hammered into them since they were young.

Anyone that claims to be agnostic isn't being truthful with themselves. Yeah, we can't disprove god. You also can't disprove leprechauns dance around your room at night when you sleep, doesn't mean you should believe in them.

You're a tad confused about what agnosticism actually means, amigo. It certainly does NOT mean what you think it means....as in the following:

You also can't disprove leprechauns dance around your room at night when you sleep, doesn't mean you should believe in them.

Here's what it actually means, FYI

I think I stuck pretty close to the definition. I specifically addressed those that cannot prove or disprove gods existence. I stated it's foolish to take that position as there are lots of things we can't disprove but that doesn't mean we allow them into public discourse.

His comments are not-so-secret code for you're either atheist or stupid. Not the first, just "another" one.

:lol:

True. He's a kid trying to get noticed here though and doing a decent job. Some here might have too good a time batting him around for awhile...

just trying to give people a little bit of background on me so you can jump right in and know me. I'm sorry if it bothered you, it was just a fun thread.

- Grind

:)

His comments are not-so-secret code for you're either atheist or stupid. Not the first, just "another" one.

I'm not sure I said or implied that. Though now that you mention it. . . :p

The implication is clear.

So how's your religion of not believing working for ya? Seems to me those that are most insecure in their beliefs are the ones that have to run off at the mouth about it.:eusa_whistle:

:lol:

True. He's a kid trying to get noticed here though and doing a decent job. Some here might have too good a time batting him around for awhile...

just trying to give people a little bit of background on me so you can jump right in and know me. I'm sorry if it bothered you, it was just a fun thread.

- Grind

:)

Hey, where'd that shiny confidence go? I thought my response was pretty nice... for me.

:eusa_eh: :lol:

So how's your religion of not believing working for ya? Seems to me those that are most insecure in their beliefs are the ones that have to run off at the mouth about it.:eusa_whistle:

I don't see how I could be that insecure in not believing in something.

I think you are forgetting the society we live in. Religion is constantly foisted upon people that we just assume it's the default. I don't go out of my way to "convert" people to atheism or whatever. Though since this is a political forum that also address social issues (and religion) It's probably going to be brought up by me here. I mean it's sort of the place for that type of thing

I don't see how I could be that insecure in not believing in something.

I think you are forgetting the society we live in. Religion is constantly foisted upon people that we just assume it's the default. I don't go out of my way to "convert" people to atheism or whatever. Though since this is a political forum that also address social issues (and religion) It's probably going to be brought up by me here. I mean it's sort of the place for that type of thing

If you say so. Things I don't believe in don't cross my mind much. If you have to actively disbelieve, then you are in fact believing.

It doesn't cross my mind much either. But when one is on a debate forum, you may want to occasionally debate :p

so who likes wolf parade???

Also if anyone else likes any indie music give me some suggestions.

Forum List

Back