Quiche!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I made my first quiche last Monday. Mini EZ and I liked it so much, I'm going to make another one tonight.

What are your favorite things to put in quiche?

We of course don't put any meats in ours, but a lot of veggies. She even told me to put MORE veggies in it this time! I love it that my teen loves veggies, just like her mom!

I don't know, I've never made it, lol.

But it is KILLER!

Basil was an ingredient, too.
I'm not sure about the asparagus, though.
I'll see if I can find a recipe.

Ingredients:Servings:
8 88Servings Size
Servings
Update
1 frozen pie shells (9-inch, preferably deep-dish)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 roma tomatoes
5 fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup goat cheese (approximately 4 oz)
1 dash nutmeg
1 to taste salt and pepper
Change Measurements: US | Metric

Directions:prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
1 Blind-bake the pie shell according to package directions (approximately 12 - 15 minutes at 375 for the type I use. I also use pie weights to keep the crust from puffing.) Set crust aside to cool for approximately 10 minutes. 2 Meanwhile, slice the Roma tomato thinly and let it sit on a paper towel to draw out some liquid. Chiffonade the basil leaves (i.e., roll them up and slice them into thin strands.). 3 Crumble the goat cheese into the warm pie shell, distributing it evenly over the bottom. It?s okay if it begins to melt a bit. 4 Layer the tomato slices in one layer over the goat cheese. Sprinkle the basil leaves over the top evenly. Top with a dash of nutmeg and some salt and pepper. 5 Whisk the eggs with the half and half thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell carefully. (I like to do this when the pan in on the oven rack to avoid any spillage.). 6 Bake at 325 for 40 - 50 minutes, until the top is slightly puffed and lightly browned. Keep an eye on the crust - halfway through baking (or even earlier) you'll need to use a pie-guard or tin foil to cover the crust so it doesn't get too brown. Allow the quiche to cool a bit before serving. It is best slightly warm, but not hot.
Tomato-Basil Quiche With Goat Cheese Recipe - Food.com - 396277

just line the bottom of the pie with what you want...i use sun dried maters....asparagus....cheeses....peas....just go wild..mushrooms are good too....
then pour in the egg mix and bake...you really cant go wrong

when you feel comfie you can make it real purty....

line the bottom in asparagus....like spokes in a wheel...then layer maters on top and then cheese..when you slice it and serve it...you have a nice look...serve with fresh fruits....whats not to like?

My usual method is to layer (bottom layer first) in a pie shell:

- shredded gruyere cheese
- crumbled up bacon or diced ham
- sauteed onion, bell pepper and mushrooms

For the egg mixture, I use eggs, half and half, and add a touch of nutmeg (and of course, salt and pep).

Use or make deep dish crust, it gives you more room for stuff.

Stuff can be ANYTHING you like. Any and all veggies, any and all meats, any and all cheese and and all herbs.

We of course don't put any meats in ours,

Then it's not real quiche. Or real food.

I personally like sausage or bacon in mine.... with lots of veggies ALSO.

Yummy!!!!!

Use or make deep dish crust, it gives you more room for stuff.

Stuff can be ANYTHING you like. Any and all veggies, any and all meats, any and all cheese and and all herbs.

Now your cooking with gas!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back