Question's for RW's on Arizona immigration bill

Cite the specific statutes in the law that say what you are inferring. Also cite the specific statutes that you deem "racial profiling" as I'm a bit confused also....

I am not sure of the statutes seeing I havn't read the bill for myself. But Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said this bill gives local police the authority to pull anyone over on the suspicion of them being in the country illegal..That is racial profiling honey.
Here is what I was reffering to in respect to citizenship papers:
Arizona immigration law signed - Omaha.com
It also makes it a state crime, a misdemeanor, to fail to carry proof of immigration status.
I'm just trying to figure out where these are written into federal law..

It's news to you that non-citizen legal residents are required by law to carry their green card with them everywhere?

Good point--but the issue is--someone that is born here--is not required to carry a certified birth certificate. Maybe--they're going to have to change that? It wasn't too long ago we were talking about national I.D. cards--much like passports.

I've seen alot of conservatives (here and in real life,) say the new bill passed in Arizona that will allow racial profiling, is just "enforcing the law."

1. Where the hell is it written in our law to allow police to pull someone over on suspicion of them being illegal aliens? (AKA, racial profiling.)
2. Where the hell is written into our law that it is a crime not to carry your citizenship papers with you at all times.

Please answer me this..as I'm a bit confused.

The govenor of AZ--has stated repeatedly she will not tolerate racial profiling--so I imagine if someone is pulled over for a traffic ticket what-ever--and the police are suspicious--they will be asking for I.D's. Unfortunately most illegals have valid drivers licenses--so the police will have to ask for more I.D's--such as birth certificates what-ever.

But--the legal hispanic community have got to realise--that illegals hurt them too. The social service system, hospitals, schools--that "they" also pay for are getting overburdeoned with people who did not enter this country legally.

How do you figure most illegals have valid driver's licenses?

I am not sure of the statutes seeing I havn't read the bill for myself. But Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said this bill gives local police the authority to pull anyone over on the suspicion of them being in the country illegal..That is racial profiling honey.
Here is what I was reffering to in respect to citizenship papers:
Arizona immigration law signed - Omaha.com

I'm just trying to figure out where these are written into federal law..

It's news to you that non-citizen legal residents are required by law to carry their green card with them everywhere?

Good point--but the issue is--someone that is born here--is not required to carry a certified birth certificate. Maybe--they're going to have to change that? It wasn't too long ago we were talking about national I.D. cards--much like passports.

Why would they have to change it? First, while it's not legally required to carry ID (for citizens), most people do, at least in Arizona. Second, if you happen not to have it with you, but you do own it, it's a relatively simple matter to produce it. A bit of a pain in the ass, but hey. That's what happens when you leave the house unprepared. I'd suggest, should you happen to be pulled over or otherwise stopped by the cops, that you not give them reason to believe you're an illegal.

I've seen alot of conservatives (here and in real life,) say the new bill passed in Arizona that will allow racial profiling, is just "enforcing the law."

1. Where the hell is it written in our law to allow police to pull someone over on suspicion of them being illegal aliens? (AKA, racial profiling.)
2. Where the hell is written into our law that it is a crime not to carry your citizenship papers with you at all times.

The law does not say they can just pull people over. As for 2, if you are asked for identification by a police officer for ANY REASON and do not have any, guess what they can do? That is true in any State.

I want to see Democrats form groups to demand the birth certificates of white republican voters standing in line to vote in Arizona.
The Governor of Arizona has already eliminated about 100,000 legal hispanic voters from the rolls. It's a move to get votes.

ever notice how younglefty asks stupid questions and never again enters the discussion. any wonder why he remains confused?? :lol:

most of what's in the bill I have no problem with. One problem I have is the vagueness of "suspicion of being illegal. Does that simply mean anybody who is mexican? anybody who speaks with an accent? And what could they provide to prove citizenship? Does everybody walking around have to have a passport on them?

They could of worded it less vaguely so not to open up discrimination and just people getting harassed by police for being a certain race. If someone gets arrested, why the hell aren't they checked to see if they are a citizen or not?

While working here in Amarillo at the MEPS, one of the guys in the office was a Mexican citizen who was working towards his US citizenship. Yes, the military does have a program like that.

Now, during the first year that I knew him, he was here on a visa, and on occasion would joke about leaving his green card at home, stating he hoped he didn't get picked up.

Now..........whenever the military does PRT, the only thing you're really required to carry on your person is your military ID. And, because a MEPS is in the civilian community, we have to find places to run our PRT tests, because there is no base close to here, as Clovis is 95 miles away.

If my shipmate had been running around the park, under Arizona law they could (and probably would stop him, he's Aztec and doesn't look American) stop him, and when they found out he didn't have his green card on him, could arrest him and put him in jail for 6 months.

No, it's not a good law.

And, what of the people who have neighbors they don't like? All it would take is an anonymous phone call stating that a family of illegals was living at a certain address, and because of this law, the police would be obligated to go and check it out.

Just wait........that scenario I just laid out is gonna happen. AZ is going to become a police state.

most of what's in the bill I have no problem with. One problem I have is the vagueness of "suspicion of being illegal. Does that simply mean anybody who is mexican? anybody who speaks with an accent? And what could they provide to prove citizenship? Does everybody walking around have to have a passport on them?

They could of worded it less vaguely so not to open up discrimination and just people getting harassed by police for being a certain race. If someone gets arrested, why the hell aren't they checked to see if they are a citizen or not?

What kind of frigging bigot are you, that you think "being Mexican" constitutes suspicion of being illegal? Hey, maybe YOU look at all non-whites with suspicion, but in Arizona, we actually consider them people, our neighbors, and our friends.

As for proof of citizenship, I use my driver's license and Social Security card. It's not that freaking difficult. If, for some reason, that were not enough, my husband could easily run down to the cop shop with my birth certificate.

Only a dipshit like you, who apparently lives in a haze of bigotry, would see an opening to discriminate here. I guess it takes someone who's actually looking to do so.

How come the TSA can require everyone entering the airport have identification, but the Arizona State Police cannot require everyone in Arizona have identification?

calais-illegal-immigrants-637477104.jpg

Any questions?

While working here in Amarillo at the MEPS, one of the guys in the office was a Mexican citizen who was working towards his US citizenship. Yes, the military does have a program like that.

Now, during the first year that I knew him, he was here on a visa, and on occasion would joke about leaving his green card at home, stating he hoped he didn't get picked up.

Now..........whenever the military does PRT, the only thing you're really required to carry on your person is your military ID. And, because a MEPS is in the civilian community, we have to find places to run our PRT tests, because there is no base close to here, as Clovis is 95 miles away.

If my shipmate had been running around the park, under Arizona law they could (and probably would stop him, he's Aztec and doesn't look American) stop him, and when they found out he didn't have his green card on him, could arrest him and put him in jail for 6 months.

No, it's not a good law.

And, what of the people who have neighbors they don't like? All it would take is an anonymous phone call stating that a family of illegals was living at a certain address, and because of this law, the police would be obligated to go and check it out.

Just wait........that scenario I just laid out is gonna happen. AZ is going to become a police state.

A. If you are running around a park in Arizona, or anywhere, carry fucking ID. If you fall over with a heart attack, looking Aztec is the least of your problems.

B. Police can check you out if I call an say I saw you nekkid in the backyard. Again, it won't matter if you had an Aztec looking ass or not, they'll wanna check it out.

Perhaps the reason you are confused is because you believe racial profiling and questioning someone suspected of a crime are the same thing.......

What kind of frigging bigot are you, that you think "being Mexican" constitutes suspicion of being illegal? Hey, maybe YOU look at all non-whites with suspicion, but in Arizona, we actually consider them people, our neighbors, and our friends.

As for proof of citizenship, I use my driver's license and Social Security card. It's not that freaking difficult. If, for some reason, that were not enough, my husband could easily run down to the cop shop with my birth certificate.

Only a dipshit like you, who apparently lives in a haze of bigotry, would see an opening to discriminate here. I guess it takes someone who's actually looking to do so.

:lol: The idiot Cecile speaks. Wow, you couldn't of missed the point any further. It's not that I think being mexican warrants suspicion, its was the morons of the world would think. Lets see, majority of illegals in this country are from Mexico, which borders Arizona. YOu don't think there are people in Arizona that would suspect anybody looking hispanic to be illegal? You that naive? You don't think there are racists in this country that would see hispanic people are being suspicious of illegal?

Boy you are dumb

The law does not say they can just pull people over. As for 2, if you are asked for identification by a police officer for ANY REASON and do not have any, guess what they can do? That is true in any State.
What can they do? Nothing. You are not required to carry ID in this country. If I am walking minding my own business a cop cannot just come over and ask for I.D. Driving is a different matter of course.
But being here illegally is, of course, against the law. If police have a reasonable suspicion that someone is committing a crime, then they have every right to investigate it to ascertain whether they are or not.

No, it's not a good law.

A. If you are running around a park in Arizona, or anywhere, carry fucking ID. If you fall over with a heart attack, looking Aztec is the least of your problems.

B. Police can check you out if I call an say I saw you nekkid in the backyard. Again, it won't matter if you had an Aztec looking ass or not, they'll wanna check it out.

The scenario could work out as follows under that law Sampson.......

Sheriff: Stop, let me see your ID. Are you a US Citizen?

Cas: No, I'm not a US Citizen, I'm in the military though (shows military ID).

Sheriff: Okay, but where is your green card? If you aren't a citizen, you still have to carry your green card.

Cas: No, I was participating in my PRT semi-annual test. I'm only required to carry my ID card under those conditions.

Sheriff: No, you're going to jail for 6 months, because if you aren't a citizen, it's illegal to be walking around without your green card.

That is what could happen under the AZ law as written Sampson. I don't like it because it's an unfair law.

My understanding is that they can't just pick someone out for being mexican. But if they have to respond to a disturbance at home, pull them over for a traffic violation, etc, then if a person can't produce the proper documentation, they would have the authority to arrest and possibly deport them. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

What can they do? Nothing. You are not required to carry ID in this country. If I am walking minding my own business a cop cannot just come over and ask for I.D. Driving is a different matter of course.
But being here illegally is, of course, against the law. If police have a reasonable suspicion that someone is committing a crime, then they have every right to investigate it to ascertain whether they are or not.

What is "reasonable suspicion" that some one is an illegal alien?

Forum List

Back