Questions for Canadians

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
I've got a couple questions for Canadians or those who are knowledgeable about Canada (Canada haters need not apply)

1. What do you call us? Yankees? Or Americans? Does it bother you that we call ourselves "Americans" when technically, you guys, and the Mexicans, and everyone in South America, are also "Americans" ?

2. OK, this is going to be confusing to ask.

Alright, we've got two sports, and here we call them "football" and "soccer".

In Britain and just about everywhere else, they call them "American football" and "football", respectively.

Now, in Canada, you've got what we call "soccer", and a game that very closely resembles what we call "football" that we call "Canadian football"

Now, for the three sports that we down here call "soccer", "football", and "Canadian football", what do you call those things? Is is "soccer", "American football", and "football"? Or is it "football", "American football", and "Canadian American football" ???

1. I call you Americans, but Yanks is also very common. It doesn't both me at the least that you call yourselves Americans, I think historical precedence supercedes politically correctness.

2. Soccer = soccer we call the exact same thing as the US.
Canadian Football is a varient of American footballs with some rules changes (ie 3 downs instead of 4, longer field, fatter ball, different safety rules and differer lateral rules). I like it quite a bit. We call this "football".
NFL football = "American football" or just "NFL" in Canada

They have sports in Canada? That explains the baseball and Hockey teams i supposed. (im just messin with ya)

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Well, kicking around rocks lost its fun over the last century and a half. :)

oooh i like that game...

Seriously though i think the flyers just kicked some canadian butt last week.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
oooh i like that game...

Seriously though i think the flyers just kicked some canadian butt last week.

Yeah the bastards sure did. But if they dont fall to Tbay, they'll fall to Calgary :D

Originally posted by insein
still got one more canadian ass to kick then huh, lol.

Smarty Jones opened the door for philly. Its time we start winning championships again.

I agree. we can take Tampa. heck we can go all the way this year.

Originally posted by insein
Not if we play the way we did tonight though. We'll win Game 4, but 5-7 are gonna be tough.

Of course the games are going to be tough. we are playing the best of the best right now.

Forum List

Back