Questions Arise About the Obama/Blagojevich Relationship

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
December 09, 2008 3:37 PM

"Obviously like the rest of the people of Illinois I am saddened and sobered by the news that came out of the US attorney's office today," said President-elect Obama this afternoon in Chicago, speaking of the criminal complaint against Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich for corruption. "But as this is a ongoing investigation involving the governor I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the issue at this time."

Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Political Punch

now don't miss viewing the little film that's included..

December 09, 2008 3:37 PM

"Obviously like the rest of the people of Illinois I am saddened and sobered by the news that came out of the US attorney's office today," said President-elect Obama this afternoon in Chicago, speaking of the criminal complaint against Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich for corruption. "But as this is a ongoing investigation involving the governor I don't think it would be appropriate for me to comment on the issue at this time."

Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Political Punch

now don't miss viewing the little film that's included..

Damn, it's like ground hog day! "I don't know Bill Ayers, he's just a guy in the neighborhood."

Well yeah, I did launch my political career in his living room. Well, yeah, my wife works with his wife. Well yeah, I did give speeches with him. Well....yeah ....I guess he did select me to be in charge of distributing $50 million dollars worth of grant money. Well ok, I did serve on several boards with him. But I didn't know him :confused::eek::eusa_whistle:

bwahahahaha!

This candidate will spawn more conspiracy theories than any other candidate.

Too bad for you dopes the gov is on tape a couple of times saying fuck obama.

bwahahahaha!

This candidate will spawn more conspiracy theories than any other candidate.

Too bad for you dopes the gov is on tape a couple of times saying fuck obama.

Care to take a whack at explaining how the Obama - Rezko - Bagoshit connection is innocent?

Wait till he starts singing to save his ass unless hes paid off and gets his pockets stuffed.

Damn, it's like ground hog day! "I don't know Bill Ayers, he's just a guy in the neighborhood."

Well yeah, I did launch my political career in his living room. Well, yeah, my wife works with his wife. Well yeah, I did give speeches with him. Well....yeah ....I guess he did select me to be in charge of distributing $50 million dollars worth of grant money. Well ok, I did serve on several boards with him. But I didn't know him :confused::eek::eusa_whistle:

Well so far he hasn't said, "That's not the Rod Blagojevich I've known...." Some good news.

wow...do you not think that the Gov of IL would consult with the President Elect as to who should replace him in that seat, even if he had no intention of placing anyone Obama may or may not suggest into that position? How odd would it have looked had he not spoken with Obama in that regard?

and I believe what Obama was saying is that he had no idea that the Gov was participating in or being investigated for, corruption.

Do you know every aspect of the life of people you come into contact with? I know there are people who live next door to serial killers for years and once it's revealed seem genuinely shocked to learn this truth...hell some are even married to them and don't know what they are doing.

wow...do you not think that the Gov of IL would consult with the President Elect as to who should replace him in that seat, even if he had no intention of placing anyone Obama may or may not suggest into that position? How odd would it have looked had he not spoken with Obama in that regard?

and I believe what Obama was saying is that he had no idea that the Gov was participating in or being investigated for, corruption.

Do you know every aspect of the life of people you come into contact with? I know there are people who live next door to serial killers for years and once it's revealed seem genuinely shocked to learn this truth...hell some are even married to them and don't know what they are doing.

Well, the governor has been investigated for YEARS like 3 years. It was common knowledge that he was under investigation for fraudulent hiring practices and Obama even commented on the issue. Let's not forget that Obama was a State Senator. Part of that obligation is oversight of the the Executive. If Obama was oblivious to all of these issues, then he failed in his responsibility.

But I guess you can believe whatever you want to believe.

here we go again :cuckoo:

and don't you dare call me a moron silence or I swear to god DavidS will neg rep you... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, the governor has been investigated for YEARS like 3 years. It was common knowledge that he was under investigation for fraudulent hiring practices and Obama even commented on the issue. Let's not forget that Obama was a State Senator. Part of that obligation is oversight of the the Executive. If Obama was oblivious to all of these issues, then he failed in his responsibility.

But I guess you can believe whatever you want to believe.

well was he arrested for the fraud he committed three years ago or for trying to "sell" Obama's seat?

Are you suggesting that Obama was in on the conspiracy to try to peddle his seat for favors? what favors does Obama need, he's the fucking President....

I didn't mean he didn't know the guy wasn't being investigated AT ALL, but rather didn't know he was being investigated for what he got arrested for.

When you can produce a tape from either the governor speaking to Obama or speaking about Obama, indicating he had knowledge of these deals then we'll talk about Obama failing in his responsibility or somehow being guilty.

This was the gov of the state of IL...do you suppose Obama would tell him to fuck off, even if he were being investigated? Doubtful.

I do laugh at the standard with which you pugs seem to hold Dems but seemingly look the other way within your own party.

Wasn't Palin aware of Steven's illegal activities when she allowed him to endorse her for gov, when she worked on the Bridge to nowhere with him, etc etc.

People who are committing crimes don't tend to hang a fucking sign around their neck advertising this.... and if it were a federal investigation, from the DOJ, well I always though policy was they didn't discuss ongoing investigations and last I heard Obama didn't sit on the Judiciary committee now did he.

Willow said:
here we go again

you're right..here we go again...it feels like 1992 all over again...when the right went to extreme lengths to attach every crime and criminal imaginable to Clinton in an effort to undo the election and/or discredit him as President.

well was he arrested for the fraud he committed three years ago or for trying to "sell" Obama's seat?

Are you suggesting that Obama was in on the conspiracy to try to peddle his seat for favors? what favors does Obama need, he's the fucking President....

I didn't mean he didn't know the guy wasn't being investigated AT ALL, but rather didn't know he was being investigated for what he got arrested for.

When you can produce a tape from either the governor speaking to Obama or speaking about Obama, indicating he had knowledge of these deals then we'll talk about Obama failing in his responsibility or somehow being guilty.

This was the gov of the state of IL...do you suppose Obama would tell him to fuck off, even if he were being investigated? Doubtful.

I do laugh at the standard with which you pugs seem to hold Dems but seemingly look the other way within your own party.

Wasn't Palin aware of Steven's illegal activities when she allowed him to endorse her for gov, when she worked on the Bridge to nowhere with him, etc etc.

People who are committing crimes don't tend to hang a fucking sign around their neck advertising this.... and if it were a federal investigation, from the DOJ, well I always though policy was they didn't discuss ongoing investigations and last I heard Obama didn't sit on the Judiciary committee now did he.

you're right..here we go again...it feels like 1992 all over again...when the right went to extreme lengths to attach every crime and criminal imaginable to Clinton in an effort to undo the election and/or discredit him as President.

you did notice this link was to ABC news did ya not? The point is Obama said he had not talked to the good Gov.. at the same time there is a video of Axelrod on TV saying obamalama had spoken to the Gov. they had been over a list of names, many of which obamalama was very fond of.. then obamalama when caught in the lied come up with "Axelrod misspoke" see? here comes the school bus.. here we go again.

More criminal behavior from the Left. This is just as bad as the Clinton Crime Machine, perhaps worse. And to make matters worse, Obama has Hillary Clinton on his team! I honestly never thought I would see a slicker politician than Bill Clinton, but Obama seems to be that guy.

you did notice this link was to ABC news did ya not? The point is Obama said he had not talked to the good Gov.. at the same time there is a video of Axelrod on TV saying obamalama had spoken to the Gov. they had been over a list of names, many of which obamalama was very fond of.. then obamalama when caught in the lied come up with "Axelrod misspoke" see? here comes the school bus.. here we go again.

Oh I see what you're saying...I missed the part were he said he hadn't spoken to him at all.... yeah that's pretty stupid to say, when clearly he must've spoken to him. Why do politicians lie about shit that's easily disproved and really doesn't matter anyway? such odd creatures they are.

"He's not the Governor Blagabitch I knew." :lol:
And I believe Obama when he said he hadn't heard Rev Wrights sermons either. :lol:
Like Bill and Hillary right? :lol:

I'm gonna love watching you Libs twist yourselves into pretzels trying to explain away these next 2-4 years. He's not even in office and he's already screwing up. Could Jimmy Carter be deposed as the worst President ever?

Yoga and Tap Dancing lessons might be good for you Silence.

I swear it feels like Clinton's come back

late for his own press conferences, he can't get his story straight, shady friends in his home state...

at least we'll have an economic recovery to look forward to

Stupid, isn't it? I imagine Bush posing with Mark Foley means Bush condones older men screwing underage male pages. But this is an interesting point, methinks Jeb is thinking of running for the senate. I wonder how often he glad handed Mark Foley?

Forum List

Back