Questions about companies

Dude111

VIP Member
Jun 6, 2011
Is there anything that be done with an IGNORANT COMPANY who added maltodextrin to thier iced tea FOR NO REASON??

I have tried over and over with Lipton for example and i am desperate to not consume artifical crap IF I DONT HAVE TO!!! (We are already subjected to enough as it is!)

I drank lipton iced tea FOR MANY YEARS (Since the 80s) and it didnt ever have this garbage in it! AND IT WAS THE BEST ICED TEA I HAD EVER HAD!! (Cant find any AS GOOD AS THIERS USED TO BE (IT WAS ALL MOSTLY NATURAL INGREDIENTS))

I believe it was OVERLOOKED as all of thier other flavours DID HAVE MALTODEXTRIN (Im not sure how far back it went that they started adding this crap) LIPTON USED TO BE 100% NATURAL and its sad they now use maltodextrin and ASPERTAME (Which is much worse)

The reg lemom tea I LOVED FOR YEARS did not have "maltodextrin" in it and i think it was because they had forgotton to add it to the regular mix all these years....

Unfortunetly when they changed providers from canada to the USA,they started adding this crap to reg....

I HAVE TRIED TO TELL THEM THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT THIS ARTIFICAL SWEETENER IN A SUGAR SWEETENED PRODUCT!! (They wont listen to me.... ITS SICKENING THEY CAN RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD RECIPE BY PUTTING CRAP IN IT WHERE IT DOESNT BELONG!)

Many people have problems from things like MALTODEXTRIN (Not to mention aspertame) as seen here!

They like to do this and basically say "screw you" to the consumer who has come to love it the original way.. (usually when they change the label you can tell they made a change and they put "SAME GREAT TASTE" hoping people will then not notice a difference CAUSE THEY SEE THOSE WORDS "SAME GREAT TASTE" .. Its pathetic and misleading and its not right)

I think we should get a bunch of ppl together and stand up to these idiots. STAND UP FOR THINGS WE LOVE..

The world is going to hell,WE GOTTA START SOMETIME!!

Try being in my shoes. My wife and I don't like our food and drinks anywhere near as sweet, salty and or full of corn products as most Americans, when we find something we like it's almost always around for a short period of time before it disappears. This means we make a lot of our own stuff. Make your own tea and add what you want to it, it tastes much better anyway.

I've never read maltodextrin was bad stuff? And I agree with Ringel05 on foods and too much sugar or as you get older too much salt. Food allergies seem to up today, we have a grandson who is allergic to peanuts while his mom loves peanuts. If it wasn't for peanut butter and jelly, I have no idea what our too large family would have grown up on. Prices are even going up due to the weather. Make your own tea, I know lots of people who do, and it is often better if done right. And less landfill material.

The Best Way to Make Iced Tea (A beverage public service announcement). - Something Edible

Last edited:
I've never read maltodextrin was bad stuff? And I agree with Ringel05 on foods and too much sugar or as you get older too much salt. Food allergies seem to up today, we have a grandson who is allergic to peanuts while his mom loves peanuts. If it wasn't for peanut butter and jelly, I have no idea what our too large family would have grown up on. Prices are even going up due to the weather. Make your own tea, I know lots of people who do, and it is often better if done right. And less landfill material.

The Best Way to Make Iced Tea (A beverage public service announcement). - Something Edible

I tried Safeways' deli macaroni salad a couple of weeks ago, it was like eating candy it was so sweet and a few years ago had tried Giants' (grocery chain) deli fried chicken. Might as well have just eaten handfulls of salt.
It's not just food allergies that are on the increase, more and more people are starting to have reactions to "scents" in most household products, most companies seem to be a little slow in recognizing this trend.

Try being in my shoes. My wife and I don't like our food and drinks anywhere near as sweet, salty and or full of corn products as most Americans, when we find something we like it's almost always around for a short period of time before it disappears. This means we make a lot of our own stuff. Make your own tea and add what you want to it, it tastes much better anyway.

Get out of my head!
We think alike in computerland and now what we eat is the same also?? :lol:

Absolutely.
We buy all of our meat from a butcher that built his business on and guarantees that all meats are from animals no more than 100 miles from the store, cows are grass fed, chickens are unadulterated with gene therapy etc. We buy our produce from co-ops, we grow herbs during the summer etc.
People think that I am a great cook...when in truth...it is the ingredients more than me.
I suppose you make your own red tomato sauce right? How hard is it? Exactly - it takes just a few minutes to prepare and is 1000 times tastier than the bottled sodium sauce called Ragu or Prego....and is actually good for you.
If people take just a little time to learn how to cook well with better ingredients - they will find out that they can even spend less money for their meals...have 1/3 of the sodium and no corn by-products.

To the OP - learn to make your own. It is easier than you think - and will give you great satisfaction.

One of the problems is copyright and patent law. I see this all the time in cookbooks, products, etc. Take a very simple example....chocolate decadence. The formula I use has four ingredients: sugar, butter, eggs, and couverature (chocolate) and the procedure is simple: melt the butter and sugar, stir in the sugar, stir in the eggs, bake in a water bath. Well.....that's so simple that publishers and companies have two choices to avoid a lawsuit. 1) change one little thing (like add a pinch of salt, identify a specific ingredient like use "Valhorona chocolate", or bake at 310 degrees instead of 300), or 2) create something like "Toasted Almond Chocolate Decadence" where they do the exact same thing except they jack it up with nuts.

After several years what people end up with us a recipe that is full of steps that are completely unnecessary or ingredients that detract from the end product instead of contribute to it, or a manufactured product that has some jacked up chemical in it that is just enough to avoid a patent violation. The simpler the product (like tea) the more likely that is to happen because there's are fewer things that can be altered as far as measurements and procedures.

Someone below said "sun tea".....good solution. The other solution is to go to an import market and buy bulk tea leaves

I have found another Iced Tea (w/o maltodextrin) that i have been drinking the last week or so :)

I tried Safeways' deli macaroni salad a couple of weeks ago, it was like eating candy it was so sweet and a few years ago had tried Giants' (grocery chain) deli fried chicken. Might as well have just eaten handfulls of salt.
It's not just food allergies that are on the increase, more and more people are starting to have reactions to "scents" in most household products, most companies seem to be a little slow in recognizing this trend.
Buy a fucking cook book.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back