Questions about acquiring/smoking legal weed in Denver

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
So I'll be in Denver in November for a conference.

Anyone here from Denver? I've got a few questions:

1) Is it really legal? Can I just walk into the pot shop and buy it? Where are the best pot shops in Denver?

2) Is it legal to possess AND smoke in public, or just possess? Is it treated more like alcohol in public or cigarettes?

3) Are their shops where I can buy AND smoke it - like an Amsterdam coffee shop?

I'm going to be the first person in my family to smoke pot legally in the U.S.!

So I'll be in Denver in November for a conference.

Anyone here from Denver? I've got a few questions:

1) Is it really legal? Can I just walk into the pot shop and buy it? Where are the best pot shops in Denver?

2) Is it legal to possess AND smoke in public, or just possess? Is it treated more like alcohol in public or cigarettes?

3) Are their shops where I can buy AND smoke it - like an Amsterdam coffee shop?

I'm going to be the first person in my family to smoke pot legally in the U.S.!

1. Yep. No, stores will open January 1, 2014, that list is at: homegrow.co/colorado-marijuana-stores
2. Smoking in public is not allowed. It looks like it will be legal for you to smoke on private residential property, regardless of whether other can see you or not. It's treated more like alcohol.

3. No, Amendment 64 (part of our Constitution) forbids consumption at the retail location. However, there are some clubs, and vaporizer bars springing up, Bring Your Own Bud.

Enjoy Colorado!

Forum List

Back