Questioning The Definition of 'Religion'

not impressed -------he did not go after only persons in "key" positions and----
the POST comment is so limp wristed that it is meaningless-----uhm ON PURPOSE

I couldn't care less about whether or not you are impressed.
You've just revealed yourself to be ignorant of the facts, and the truth.

a list of all the people McCarthy claimed were Soviet agents working in the government,

Blacklisted by History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy -- M Stanton Evans

Lauchlin Currie
Solomon Adler
V Frank Coe
Cedric Belfrage
T.A. Bisson
Harold Glasser
David Karr
Mary Jane Keeney
Leonard Mins
Franz Newmann

All from the book. All documented.

of what are you claiming I am "ignorant" ?

Of the breadth and depth of the threat posted by communists and their fellow travelers, and exactly how heroic Senator Joseph McCarthy was

He should be on Rushmore.

So you believe McCarthy was right about communists infiltrating our country?

That's a bit like believing that the Earth orbits the sun, isn't it? Blasphemy that angers you.

Sounds like you were nuts back then, and you're still nuts.

Whereas you are just stupid?

You DO grasp that virtually everything McCarthy claimed has long since been proven true? Venona, the Soviet Archives.

not impressed -------he did not go after only persons in "key" positions and----

Really? Who did he "go after?"

Are you aware that Senator McCarthy was a SENATOR?

Good choice of words.

Whenever the propaganda starts pouring from the indoctrinees, the simplest way to destroy their worldview is to demand that then name any non-communist or communist supporter whose life was 'ruined' by the senator.

None is ever forthcoming.

One would imagine that they might begin to question what they have been taught.
They don't.
They simply wander off.

Ms. Reagan was called a communist and that is how she met Pres Reagan and he helped her. McCarthy was right, we had lots of communist jews here.

Perhaps, but most of the Communists were not Jews.

These are all confirmed Soviet operatives in the USA

[

Good choice of words.

Whenever the propaganda starts pouring from the indoctrinees, the simplest way to destroy their worldview is to demand that then name any non-communist or communist supporter whose life was 'ruined' by the senator.

They don't.
They simply wander off.

It amazes me that after all this time there are some who either maintain the lie about McCarthy or are actually ignorant enough to have missed the collapse of the USSR, with the vindication of not just McCarthy, but also the Kennedy brothers (close friends of the Senator and avid anti-Communists)

America allowed our own Josef Goebbels; that scumbag pile of shit Edward R. Murrow to demagogue on behalf of his Soviet masters. Murrow was a true traitor and defines the "aid and comfort" clause of the Constitution.

he WENT AFTER-----even actors------lots of actors-----and FORCED some
to be snitches Reagan snitched, John Garfield did not and died of a
heart attack at a very young age People were being vilified for having
come near the communist party way back in the 1930s. In my little Nazi town ---
calling a person a COMMUNIST -----as a BIG SIN-------my dad quipped---
"if a person was not a little pink in the 1930s, he was stupid" I never repeated
that remark on the playground

"if a person was not a little pink in the 1930s, he was stupid" I never repeated

Reagan "snitched?"

Reagan was never questioned by McCarthy, so what did he "snitch" about?

Sounds like your dad was a Communist.

That doesn't alter the FACT that McCarthy was right, and that the Hollywood enquiries were conducted by the HUAC, not SENATOR McCarthy.

BTW, in the 1930's being a Nazi was VERY unpopular, so I assume you are engaging in demagoguery rather than relating facts about your town.

And now for the education you are crying out for.....and so sorely require:
1. Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood.

When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.
And this is the fate they wished for all Americans.

2. “Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)

BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (THE SUPREME COURT: The Hollywood Ten

A simple challenge.....name any innocent person...not a communist nor communist supporter, whose life was 'ruined' by the American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

You can't....can you.

"...-my dad quipped---
"if a person was not a little pink in the 1930s, he was stupid"

1. Pennsylvania Governor George Earle was a special emissary of FDR's to Europe...and returned in 1944 with proof that implicated the Soviets in the Katyn Forest massacre (In April of 1943, the mass graves of thousands of shot, bayoneted, and asphyxiated Polish officers were uncovered in the Katyn pine forest near Smolensk, Russia.)

Earle testified later at the Katyn Forest hearings that Joe Levy of the NYTimes, warned him that bringing an anti-Soviet report to FDR would be a career ender : "George, you don't know what you are going to over there. Harry Hopkins has completed domination over the President and the whole atmosphere over there is 'pink.'"
West, "American Betrayal," p.211.

2. On March 22, 1945, FDR wrote to Earle: "I have noted with concern your plan to publicize your unfavorable opinion of one of our allies. I do not wish you to do so. Not only do I not wish it, I specifically forbid you to do so." He then ordered Earle to Samoa for the duration.

3. On March 26, 1945, Army Chief of Staff George C. Marshall issued the following order: "Censor all stories, delete criticism Russian treatment." This was aimed at those Americans who had been POWs of the Red Army.

Note that some 20,000 US soldiers were never returned by FDR's BFF, Stalin.

[

Good choice of words.

They don't.
They simply wander off.

It amazes me that after all this time there are some who either maintain the lie about McCarthy or are actually ignorant enough to have missed the collapse of the USSR, with the vindication of not just McCarthy, but also the Kennedy brothers (close friends of the Senator and avid anti-Communists)

America allowed our own Josef Goebbels; that scumbag pile of shit Edward R. Murrow to demagogue on behalf of his Soviet masters. Murrow was a true traitor and defines the "aid and comfort" clause of the Constitution.

The Edward R.Murrow that these America haters don't know....

1. As a result of the ascension of the Nazis, the Frankfurt School moved to Geneva, and then to New York City. The openness, freedom and liberty of the United States is all they needed to infect this society and its cultural institutions. Too many simply ignored the onslaught…”And the most dangerous thing you can do with a driven leftist intellectual clique is ignore it!”
Breitbart, “Righteous Indignation,” p. 114.

a. Who could imagine that that a group could come to our nation, learn of our incredible freedom and liberty, yet wish to destroy it??? That’s exactly what the Frankfurt School wanted to do.

2. Waiting to ally themselves with the Frankfurt School Marxists were the Americans who had accepted the Wilson/TR synthesis of Hegel and Marx.
And a welcoming ‘nest’ was provided for these vipers by the Columbia University Sociology department.

And, the perfect storm: America was up for helping scholars fleeing from Germany. The guy in charge of this was Edward R. Murrow, the Emergency Committee in Aid of Displaced Foreign Scholars.

With all due respect to your dad....he was wrong: not everyone was either stupid nor "a little pink."

Many recognized the threat posed by communism....it vowed to overthrow the democracy.

'During the 1950s, the Gallup Organization responded to new issues and personalities as they related to the ongoing superpower struggle. Joseph McCarthy entered the public opinion polls for the first time, and won initial approval. Fifty percent agreed with McCarthy in a March 1950 survey that there were communists working in the State Department.Note 45

A June 1950 poll found 45 percent expressed unqualified approval of McCarthy saying "he is anxious to rid us of communists and he is right"; 16 percent expressed qualified approval with remarks such as "there must be some foundation for his charges, but they are greatly exaggerated"; 31 percent disbelieved McCarthy saying he is "a rabble-rouser seeking personal glory who is trying to get reelected"; 8 percent were unsure what to make of McCarthy.'
Cold War International History Conference: Paper by John White

1. Hollywood Blacklisting had nothing to do with McCarthy. The ‘Hollywood Ten’ were called before the HUAC in 1947. McCarthy had just been elected to the Senate, and the Alger Hiss exposure, indictment and conviction occurred before McCarthy made his famous 1950 speech in Wheeling, West Virginia, before McCarthy did any investigating of Hollywood.

When anti-communism took its toll in Hollywood, the blacklisting took the “deadly” form of not having ones name in the credits, or living in Paris, or not being able to sell a teleplay for as much as three years. This for folks who had no problem with Ukrainian farmers and their children eating their shoes.

2. “Ten Hollywood scribblers who subscribed to an ideology responsible for murder by the millions refused to admit their membership in the Communist Party to a House Committee. All they had to do was ‘fess up. But they felt they had the right not to tell the truth, so they were briefly jailed for contempt.” (Ann Coulter, “Treason,” p.77)

BTW, when the ‘Ten’ claimed a First Amendment right not to answer the House’s questions, the Supreme Court refused to even hear the case. (THE SUPREME COURT: The Hollywood Ten

A simple challenge.....name any innocent person...not a communist nor communist supporter, whose life was 'ruined' by the American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy.

You can't....can you.

John Garfield aka Jacob Garfinkel ----interesting note-----I knew the name as a child because my mom was born in a cold water flat----in the same neighborhood in which Jacob Garfinkel was a little boy------Joseph Mc Carthy harassed him till he died of a heart attack at age 39

You can't....can you.

John Garfield aka Jacob Garfinkel ----interesting note-----I knew the name as a child because my mom was born in a cold water flat----in the same neighborhood in which Jacob Garfinkel was a little boy------Joseph Mc Carthy harassed him till he died of a heart attack at age 39

False.

Not a bit of truth to your claim.

McCarthy had nothing to do with Hollywood.

Nothing....you know, the same level as your knowledge on the subject.

You can't....can you.

False.

Not a bit of truth to your claim.

McCarthy had nothing to do with Hollywood.

Nothing....you know, the same level as your knowledge on the subject.

my knowledge is fine-----Mc Carthy was a PRIME MOVER-----a shake 'n bake instigator of the "RED SCARE"

Claiming to have been “blacklisted” is Hollywood’s version of coming over on the Mayflower.
Coulter

Forum List

Back