Questioning Libertarianism. The story of Gengish Khan

English is not your native tongue? I have posted pieces on libertarian philosophy often, check these links.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good Books on Libertarianism?

"Core morality tells us that people have a right to what they earn by their own efforts freely exercised. It is this part of core morality that Ayn Rand objectivists, libertarians, and other right wingers tap into when they insist that taxation is slavery... The trouble with such arguments is that nothing is earned, nothing is deserved. Even if there really were moral rights to the fruit of our freely exercised abilities and talents, these talents and abilities are never freely acquired or exercised. Just as your innate and acquired intelligence and abilities are unearned, so also are your ambitions, along with the discipline, the willingness to train, and other traits that have to be combined with your talents and abilities to produce anything worthwhile at all.... We don't earn our inborn (excuse the expression "God given") talents and abilities. We had nothing to do with whether these traits were conferred on us or not. Similarly, we didn't earn the acquired character traits needed to convert these talents into achievements. They, too, were the result of deterministic processes (genetic and cultural) that were set in motion long before we were born. That is what excludes the possibility that we earned or deserve them. We were just lucky to have the combination of hardwired abilities and learned ambitions that resulted in the world beating a path to our door....No one ever earned or deserved the traits that resulted in the inequalities we enjoy - greater income and wealth, better health and longer life, admiration and social distinction, comfort, and leisure. Therefore, no one, including us, has a moral right to those inequalities. Core morality may permit unearned inequalities, but it is certainly not going to require them without some further moral reason to do so." Alex Rosenberg

I know. Genghish Khan is by no mean libertarian.

However, I am trying to make libertarianism practical.

Look at Temujin film overthere. Say you are temujin. What is your "libertarian" solution to his problem?

Or what about now. Most libertarians are not free. So what do they do? Bitch? Say that the state is wrong?

Why not concentrate on what we can do based on practical politic. People push us around because we are weak. We are weak because we hate politics instead of studying it.

Look at Temujin film overthere. Say you are temujin. What is your "libertarian" solution to his problem?

Or what about now. Most libertarians are not free. So what do they do? Bitch? Say that the state is wrong?

Why not concentrate on what we can do based on practical politic. People push us around because we are weak. We are weak because we hate politics instead of studying it.

Libertarians are nothing more than the conscience of fascists that seek political power and will do anything for it, which means forming mobs of support as they promise to share the plunder with them later

Most just snicker at them.

Libertarians are nothing more than the conscience of fascists that seek political power and will do anything for it, which means forming mobs of support as they promise to share the plunder with them later

Most just snicker at them.
I am still a moderate libertarian. It's not about what's right and wrong. It's about what's practical.

Forum List

Back