question?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
do you think what you post on a message board or on the net is just words or does it have any meaning or value...will it actually impact the lives of others? if it does impact others is that their problem, not yours? in other words,,, do you own what you post....or do you just post and run your mouth without giving any thought to how it might impact others?

do you think what you post on a message board or on the net is just words or does it have any meaning or value...will it actually impact the lives of others? if it does impact others is that their problem, not yours? in other words,,, do you own what you post....or do you just post and run your mouth without giving any thought to how it might impact others?

Very interesting question. I do try to be thoughtful about what I say whether it is in person or on the internet. I think because we actually type in our responses, we have a few seconds to think about our responses. I think the written words may have more of an impact than an oral answer. Whether people will be impacted by your words has to do with their level of sensitivity and whether they respect you or not.

i meet som persons i n forum that i value what there say to me.

Words have meaning. Even if your words do impact others, the ultimate decision to act or not act based upon your words is that person's, not yours.

People SHOULD take care with what they post. A perfect analogy is this:

If I sell someone a gun and they use that gun to commit a crime, am I responsible for the crime? No, as it should be.

However, if I sell a gun to someone known to be violent and criminal, then pretending I am not the enabler is kind of hard.

I guess it all depends on what standard you hold yourself to.

for better, for worse i own what i post 100%! :)

for better, for worse i own what i post 100%! :)

Ditto---and I really think I have learned a lot here--I've found myself thinking in idle moments about some opinion or something. Good fodder for thought if you screen out certain posters :lol:

all of the above
:cool:

Although I'm new here, any post I write on any forum, I would hope would mean something to the poster I'm replying to or starting a thread I felt was important to me would be important to others, and if not, would definately make them think about it.

I don't think anything I post will have much of an effect, well not a lasting effect anyway. But what I do get out of the discussions is better educated and - this sounds egotistical but it's not meant to be - a sharper mind. By indulging in written discussions with people who have different views from me I am able to reflect on the discussions and work out a response. Sometimes I can't respond and I'm stumped but that's okay because I learn from it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back