Question

Access to free birth control has resulted in decreased unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/241464-planned-parenthood-15.html#post6631555

I have always had "access" to BC. Who does not? What does access to BC actually mean?

Many poor and low income not to mention unemployed.

The poor, low income and unemployed aren't allowed in Walmart or Walgreen's? It's the first I'm hearing of that.

I think you are wrong on this. In fact the last time I was in Walgreen's I know I saw some of these type people buying lottery tickets and 1/2 pints.

I have always had "access" to BC. Who does not? What does access to BC actually mean?

The poor, low income and unemployed aren't allowed in Walmart or Walgreen's? It's the first I'm hearing of that.

I think you are wrong on this. In fact the last time I was in Walgreen's I know I saw some of these type people buying lottery tickets and 1/2 pints.

And BOOM. There is the crux of the issue.

For some reason some in this country have decided that it's okay for the "poor" to spend their money on things they want, while looking to government to provide for things they need.

Never mind the fact that if they bought the things they need first then spent any leftover on things they want they wouldn't need government assistance.

What percentage of welfare recipients smoke? drink? drugs? have a car payment? have a smartphone? The list of course goes on.

I have a 20 year old who works for me that thinks that he should have everything in his life that I do at age 42. I've tried to explain to him that life doesn't work that way. I've spent 20 years accumulating the difference between what I have and what he has.

I would be willing to bet around 5% of the people who are on welfare would qualify as poor in any country other than the US.

For some reason some in this country have decided that it's okay for the "poor" to spend their money on things they want, while looking to government to provide for things they need.

Never mind the fact that if they bought the things they need first then spent any leftover on things they want they wouldn't need government assistance.

What percentage of welfare recipients smoke? drink? drugs? have a car payment? have a smartphone? The list of course goes on.

I have a 20 year old who works for me that thinks that he should have everything in his life that I do at age 42. I've tried to explain to him that life doesn't work that way. I've spent 20 years accumulating the difference between what I have and what he has.

I would be willing to bet around 5% of the people who are on welfare would qualify as poor in any country other than the US.

America's "poorest" citizens are in the 84th percentile of world wide wealth. Not that this will stop the epidemic of envy sweeping across the country...

You can buy birth control pills? I honestly didn't know.

No, you need a doctor's prescription and must have a pelvic examination before they will prescribe them. And they are not cheap. Back when I took them for endometriosis, they were $30 a month.

And sometimes on these boards and in politics "being poor" is treated as some noble status that simply strikes people through no fault or error of their own doing. I have known some scammers, cheats, liars and frauds who are "poor" and fully enjoy the assumption by the bleeding hearts that all poor should be helped because well...er...um..they are poor!

Bunk. Get to know some "poor" who are laughing at the system. I have.

My point is that a 14 year old girl needing BC would have access under Mass Health for low income already or a private insurer because of her guardian or parent. It has been like that for years here in Mass.

So where is this access problem that needs PP and government funding?

Access may well exist in Massachusetts. You have a higher level of funded services for poor women then many other states do because you have chosen, as a state, to pay for them via state taxes.

Where is the access problem? You can look at the states with unplanned pregnancy issues and see it:

Unintended-pregnancy-map2.gif

Last edited:
And sometimes on these boards and in politics "being poor" is treated as some noble status that simply strikes people through no fault or error of their own doing. I have known some scammers, cheats, liars and frauds who are "poor" and fully enjoy the assumption by the bleeding hearts that all poor should be helped because well...er...um..they are poor!

You know what those poor women need to force them into a sense of responsibility? A baby. That'll learn them.

You know what those poor women need to force them into a sense of responsibility? A baby. That'll learn them.

Not only poor women. People who claim they have no access to BC or who simply do not use BC. Lots of the latter it seems.

Funny how they suddenly get real smart about preventing those "ooops" moments that leads to a baby they really did not think could happen.

When I was younger I had chances to have sex that I passed on because I had no birth control at the time.

Why can't poor people do the same? see it's about CHOICE. "Gee, I can't afford a child right now, hell I can't even afford a condom, so maybe I should CHOOSE not to have sex"

How hard is that?

You're trying to justify giving people something that they need for an activity that they can live without.

An activity , I remind you, that responsible people who can't afford it do NOT participate in.

Surely you admit that the welfare system in this country encourages irresponsibility? Acknowledging that does not mean a person advocates getting rid of the system entirely, as that is not what I want at all.

Not only poor women. People who claim they have no access to BC or who simply do not use BC. Lots of the latter it seems.

Funny how they suddenly get real smart about preventing those "ooops" moments that leads to a baby they really did not think could happen.

You know what this is really great for? Learning the babies involved.

There is nothing better for a baby than being raised by a woman who can't even figure out how to use a condom.

No, you need a doctor's prescription and must have a pelvic examination before they will prescribe them. And they are not cheap. Back when I took them for endometriosis, they were $30 a month.

He was asking if you needed insurance, which is not the case. A prescription, yes. Insurance, no. Just a clarification.

He was asking if you needed insurance, which is not the case. A prescription, yes. Insurance, no. Just a clarification.

I'm more concerned about the fact that Mr. Peepers ostensibly has ovaries.

You know what this is really great for? Learning the babies involved.

There is nothing better for a baby than being raised by a woman who can't even figure out how to use a condom.

Hmmm? Lady condoms (diaphram?). Gosh; seems it's her fault no matter what, even if pressured, as men often do, to do the deed au naturale.

Darn irresponsible females!!!!

I'm more concerned about the fact that Mr. Peepers ostensibly has ovaries.

I would assume so if she had endometriosis. Why the "Mr", I don't know.

Why do you assume that I want government subsidized birth control for myself? I'm a 47-year-old mother of two who had my tubes tied in 1998 and probably pay more in taxes annually than you earn.

you don't want to pay for children on welfare.
You don't want abortion to be legal.
You don't want to subsidize access to birth control.

What do you think should be done to prevent or reduce unplanned pregnancies?

try self discipline. Try self denial. Try masturbation. Try anal. Try a rubber. Try something you ahole.

why do you assume that i want government subsidized birth control for myself? I'm a 47-year-old mother of two who had my tubes tied in 1998 and probably pay more in taxes annually than you earn.

xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back