Question

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by catzmeow, Jan 10, 2013.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    You don't want to pay for children on welfare.
    You don't want abortion to be legal.
    You don't want to subsidize access to birth control.

What do you think should be done to prevent or reduce unplanned pregnancies?

2. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    No, I just don't want to be FORCED to pay, not because I don't want to help poor children, but because welfare makes the situation worse for those receiving it. Poverty remains with them and even increases the more people become dependent on handouts. Free people VOLUNTARILY offering assistance comes with no such dependence, but simply temporary help. Ask me to write a check and I will help. Take money from my by force and I don't care how noble you think your cause, it's theft and it's wrong.

No, just don't want to be forced to pay for it. Women will get abortions, legal or not.

Again, happy to help on voluntary basis.

The first thing I would do is remove the assurance young woman have that if they get pregnant, there will be host of entitlements made available to them. We're encouraging those least prepared to raise a family to do so on other people's dime. And if they don't care to own up to the responsibility growing inside them, we'll have someone else pay to terminate. There is far less of a concern about an "unplanned" pregnancy when the cost of the consequences are not yours to bear.

3. SayMyName

SayMyName Live, Love, Laugh.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Returning responsibility to charities and encouraging a "tough love" approach of taking a personal responsibility would go a long way. In a nation of plenty, seeing people with children who are poor would dissuade a lot of young women from imitating the same action when they know that there is no government subsidies to pay for continuing to get your hair and nails done, and instead must go to soup kitchens or waiting in line once a month for a cheese hand out at the armory building.

We also should require the name of the father of any child in return for any support the government does give out, and go after them for reimbursement.

4. Koios

Koios Recreational Kibitzer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Outlaw intercourse!!! God needs to do His own fucking job and not expect us to pro while He merely creates. If He could do it for Adam and Eve, what's stopping Him now???

Let God create!! Then only His will be done, and not some rapist pro'ing and thus forcing the "Alimighty" to create something He knows will be aborted, since well, He's behind it all anyway, and we're merely part of one of His ways, which as we know, is fucking mysterious, to say the least.

Amen.

5. earlycuyler

earlycuyler Extra long Bad Ass Cut.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,183

6. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,480
    How exactly is your promiscuity my responsibility?

What should be done is to not make babies until you can afford to raise them. I really can't help you with that., nor should I have to.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Koios

Koios Recreational Kibitzer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Exactly!!! Can you imagine those promiscuous goddamn rape and incest victims wanting OUR help in ending God's little miracle inbreds and rapist babies????

8. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Nuff said... :clap2:

9. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    People should just not have sex if they don't want to have a child. It's not like sex is a basic human need or anything. Duh.

10. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    If you can't find enough people to privately fund this small percentage of unwanted pregnancies, don't blame us!

Strawman