Question

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
You don't want to pay for children on welfare.
You don't want abortion to be legal.
You don't want to subsidize access to birth control.

What do you think should be done to prevent or reduce unplanned pregnancies?

No, I just don't want to be FORCED to pay, not because I don't want to help poor children, but because welfare makes the situation worse for those receiving it. Poverty remains with them and even increases the more people become dependent on handouts. Free people VOLUNTARILY offering assistance comes with no such dependence, but simply temporary help. Ask me to write a check and I will help. Take money from my by force and I don't care how noble you think your cause, it's theft and it's wrong.

No, just don't want to be forced to pay for it. Women will get abortions, legal or not.

Again, happy to help on voluntary basis.

The first thing I would do is remove the assurance young woman have that if they get pregnant, there will be host of entitlements made available to them. We're encouraging those least prepared to raise a family to do so on other people's dime. And if they don't care to own up to the responsibility growing inside them, we'll have someone else pay to terminate. There is far less of a concern about an "unplanned" pregnancy when the cost of the consequences are not yours to bear.

Returning responsibility to charities and encouraging a "tough love" approach of taking a personal responsibility would go a long way. In a nation of plenty, seeing people with children who are poor would dissuade a lot of young women from imitating the same action when they know that there is no government subsidies to pay for continuing to get your hair and nails done, and instead must go to soup kitchens or waiting in line once a month for a cheese hand out at the armory building.

We also should require the name of the father of any child in return for any support the government does give out, and go after them for reimbursement.

Outlaw intercourse!!! God needs to do His own fucking job and not expect us to pro while He merely creates. If He could do it for Adam and Eve, what's stopping Him now???

Let God create!! Then only His will be done, and not some rapist pro'ing and thus forcing the "Alimighty" to create something He knows will be aborted, since well, He's behind it all anyway, and we're merely part of one of His ways, which as we know, is fucking mysterious, to say the least.

Amen.

Not on a generational basis. as they are in many cases.

We already do.

Take some time away from honey boo boo and parent the kids.

How exactly is your promiscuity my responsibility?

What should be done is to not make babies until you can afford to raise them. I really can't help you with that., nor should I have to.

What should be done is to not make babies until you can afford to raise them. I really can't help you with that., nor should I have to.

Exactly!!! Can you imagine those promiscuous goddamn rape and incest victims wanting OUR help in ending God's little miracle inbreds and rapist babies????

Nuff said... :clap2:

People should just not have sex if they don't want to have a child. It's not like sex is a basic human need or anything. Duh.

Exactly!!! Can you imagine those promiscuous goddamn rape and incest victims wanting OUR help in ending God's little miracle inbreds and rapist babies????

If you can't find enough people to privately fund this small percentage of unwanted pregnancies, don't blame us!

Strawman

Did you intend to direct that at me, personally? I've never utilized government assistance or even subsidized birth control.

People should just not have sex if they don't want to have a child. It's not like sex is a basic human need or anything. Duh.

I wonder what percentage of "promiscuous" people on this forum had premarital sex?

And you think it is? Don't confuse desire with need.

Of course it happened.

It's just when I am asked to subsidize it, I say no.

Personal responsibility is severely lacking in today's world.

So, in your world view, are people who lack the personal responsibility to prevent pregnancy likely to make responsible parents?

And you think it is? Don't confuse desire with need.

So, what you're saying is that there weren't unplanned pregnancies before the advent of PP?

Does not matter today. Birth control is available now and extremely easy to get. And no, not just condoms, but a verity of contraceptives from daprevera to what ever.

It is easy for me, as a person who is in the top 20% income bracket in this country, to access birth control. I have good health insurance and the funds to do so. It is not easy for low income women who lack access to a healthcare provider to access birth control.

Condoms, you can buy in the store. Birth control pills, depo=provera, etc., require a prescription. Getting a prescription requires working with a healthcare provider, which often requires health insurance.

Last edited:

It sure the hell is a need for me. *wink*

Forum List

Back