Question

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Do you get to keep the rep points you get if a thread is deleted? I got a heap for a recently deleted thread, but don't keep up with my rep count (unless it is a milestone like reaching 900/1000 or whatever) so have no idea if they count...

Not a biggie either way, just interested....

Do you get to keep the rep points you get if a thread is deleted? I got a heap for a recently deleted thread, but don't keep up with my rep count (unless it is a milestone like reaching 900/1000 or whatever) so have no idea if they count...

Yes, you do.

If the thread gets deleted, it shows in your rep received list as N/A for the repped post.

Yes, you do.

If the thread gets deleted, it shows in your rep received list as N/A for the repped post.

Ah of course! Forgot to look at User CP...shows how often I go there....

Looked at CP....thread title still by rep..

ah well....

Then the thread must not have been deleted, but trashed.

There's a difference?

Yep. Some threads are moved to a trash folder because it's easier. If you try to click on a post that's trashed, you get a message that says you don't have permission to read the post.

If a thread is deleted, you get a message that says the file name is invalid.

Yeah but you lose the number of posts that were in there.

Damn! I should be well over 3k now if that is correct.

Damn! I should be well over 3k now if that is correct.

You been in that many deleted threads you bad girl?

Forum List

Back