Question

You go to your doctor and your insurance pays the bill. You get a statement from your insurance of what was billed and you see the bill was double what you normally see as the charges.
Do you inform your insurance company they were ripped off?

I watch things at the cashier's pretty closely and have a general idea of what I should be charged at checkout - unless it's a cart load of groceries or something like that. I don't think it's ever happened to me but if it did and I knew it I would do the right thing and return to pay.

Not too long ago I bought a case of Pepsi along with other things. The clerk rang the case up as a single can but I didn't notice until I checked the receipt as I was leaving the store. I went back and paid for the entire case. Not because I'm a saint but because I didn't want to get the clerk sacked for my greed.

You buy two items at the store. When you reach your car, you realize that clerk only rang you up for one of the items. What do you do?

You go back and pay for it. I remember an incident from when I was a little shaver (almost 54 now) where my dad realized the clerk had given him too much change. We were already home when he realized it. We got in the car, drove back to the store and he returned it. That example from my dad has stuck with me for 50 years. Man I sure do miss him!

I bought a sweater at a small mall store a few years ago. They took my charge card and then came back and said the system was down. I paid in cash. A $40 sweater. My charge bill came in and it was charged also. I went to the store and the guy that sold it to me took my card and said he credited it. This was not a chain store but a small clothing store. I asked for a receipt that he credited it and he said he didn't have to give me anything. I immediately called the credit card and after about 2hours on the phone and forms filled out 2 months later they credited my account.
Didn't feel bad for the owner of that store though. Some thug busted out all the windows in his Lexus parked behind the mall by his back door. Mall security and Cobb county police contacted me but wasn't me.

I keep right on walking. It is the duty of the STORE, not me, to make sure I pay enough for the services or products they provide.

I bought a car back in October of 2000. As part of the deal, they installed a 6-disk CD changer which I had agreed to pay for. I made the deal on a Monday. They were going to deliver the car on Friday (Halloween). I went in on Thursday night to see if they wanted to go over the paperwork one more time. I was told it was all set and everything was fine. No need to review anything. On Friday afternoon they couldn't get me out of there quick enough. Just sign these papers, take the keys and get the hell out of there. On Monday they realized they'd never added the price of the CD changer into the total price of the car (I hadn't realized it either). They TRIED to guilt me into coming in and cutting them a check for $450 to pay for the CD changer. I told them no way. Under CT Law (where I was living at the time) once they signed that contract, it was legally binding. Their mistake, their loss.

You buy two items at the store. When you reach your car, you realize that clerk only rang you up for one of the items. What do you do?

Why are you asking other people what they would do? Do you not have your own conscience to guide you ... ?

Lol.

I believe the point of the question was to show how the majority of those that wouldn't correct the mistake are liberals. Dishonest pukes as they are.

I keep right on walking. It is the duty of the STORE, not me, to make sure I pay enough for the services or products they provide.

I bought a car back in October of 2000. As part of the deal, they installed a 6-disk CD changer which I had agreed to pay for. I made the deal on a Monday. They were going to deliver the car on Friday (Halloween). I went in on Thursday night to see if they wanted to go over the paperwork one more time. I was told it was all set and everything was fine. No need to review anything. On Friday afternoon they couldn't get me out of there quick enough. Just sign these papers, take the keys and get the hell out of there. On Monday they realized they'd never added the price of the CD changer into the total price of the car (I hadn't realized it either). They TRIED to guilt me into coming in and cutting them a check for $450 to pay for the CD changer. I told them no way. Under CT Law (where I was living at the time) once they signed that contract, it was legally binding. Their mistake, their loss.
you call me a fool for being a pagan yet5 you christian are a thief

as a [fool] I'd go back and explain the mistake and pay the balance

Religion has nothing to do with it. Common sense does. So long as you didn't intentionally attempt to defraud the store, it's up to THEM to get it right.

your a thief , and it comes out of the cashiers pay check ,
you are a christian , you are4 a thief .
and being christian you are a fool . believe in nothing but cheating and stealing .

you call me a fool for being a pagan yet5 you christian are a thief

Nope. I don't call you a fool for being a pagan. I'm not Christian and haven't been a follower of any organized religion in a decade. I call you a fool for allowing yourself to be guilted into correcting someone else's mistake at your own expense.

In CT, as in most states, a consumer cannot be required to pay for something that they did not agree to. I happened to have this knowledge because about three years earlier my family had ended up getting a pair of garage doors for free because the Sears installer had shown up at the wrong house (ours) and installed them while the house was being built without any request to do so. My father offered to pay for THE DOORS (but not the installation or tax). Sears tried to bill us for the whole thing. My father threatened to take them to court. Sears went away. In my case, since THE DEALERSHIP had written the contract/sales agreement, and excluded something to MY benefit, I had no legal mandate to pay them a penny more for the CD changer. Especially since I had gone in and asked if they wanted to review the documents the day before. Now if I had written the contract, that would have been different. They obviously knew they were in the wrong, because they never pushed the issue.

This isn't about theft. It's about making sure that businesses pay attention to what they and their employees are actually doing.

as a [fool] I'd go back and explain the mistake and pay the balance

Religion has nothing to do with it. Common sense does. So long as you didn't intentionally attempt to defraud the store, it's up to THEM to get it right.

Does a moral compass have anything to do with it? Is it ok to defraud them, once you realize the error?
Someone, somehow, is going to be harmed by the mistake. Wouldn't it be better if you could see to it that no one was harmed? If you were the one that was going to be held at a loss, wouldn't you hope that the person that benefited from your mistake was honest enough to rectify the error? :clap2:
To error is human ya know. Fixing it builds character! :tongue:

your a thief , and it comes out of the cashiers pay check.

I worked as a clerk/sashier in four different businesses over about a six year period in my youth. I never had a cash drawer come out more than 3 cents off when I cashed out in that entire time. I pulled those three pennies out of my pocket, dropped them in the drawer, and moved on. Never had a manager claim that I'd missed or not rung anything up either.

you are a christian , you are4 a thief. and being christian you are a fool . believe in nothing but cheating and stealing.

Actually I'm neither a Christian nor a thief. I'm simply someone who understands that the only person looking out for my own best interests is ME; and who is not going to harm myself to protect someone else's interests.

Forum List

Back