QUESTION-whats the WORST federal agency ever created?

This should garner lots of opinions.

Heres mine to start..
SETI.
wtf was clinton thinking?300 million tax dollars yearly at the time?

I got three u-pick em.

The agency that returned runaway slaves to thier owners.

The bureau of Indsian affairs that provided the small pox blankets

The bureau that imprisoned Japonese Americans in WWII

Just sayin...

What were those agencies?
The agency that allowed tribes to own slaves. Cherokee was particularly successful with their black slaves till the uprising. Then the Cherokees got smarter on how to hold their slaves.

I think it was 1842 when the blacks made a break for it to Mexico. . The Indians killed a couple and then got down and dirty on how they held them.

Homeland Security Administration.

In terms of maintaining our American way of life HSA is the most threatening government department in existence.

And the crying shame part of this problem is that we might actually need something like HSA if we want to protect this nation from some truly awful people.

Last edited:

In terms of maintaining our American way of life HSA is the most threatening government department in existence.

And the crying shame part of this problem is that we might actually need something like HSA if we want to protect this nation from some truly awful people.

Homeland Security was fine till Obama got ahold of it.

Department of Homeland Security, taking away your freedoms, liberties, and privacy day after day. The DHS is exactly what freedom is not.

Homeland Security was fine till Obama got ahold of it.

How so? I thought he was Bush II?!?! :eusa_eh:

No need to research the owners. Empirical evidence shows that indeed the "old" media are in the tank for democrats in general and for Obama in particular at this point.

I was going to say, "For the Republicans, the department of education", but someone beat me to it.

I was going to change my mind and say the EPA, but someone beat me to that one too.

Hmmm.

Let's be ignorant and live in filth. Birth defects aren't all that bad. And right wingers say I'm a "liar"? Believe me, I don't have enough imagination to make this shit up. They do it all on their own.

Heres mine to start..
SETI.

I got three u-pick em.

The agency that returned runaway slaves to thier owners.

The bureau of Indsian affairs that provided the small pox blankets

The bureau that imprisoned Japonese Americans in WWII

Just sayin...

Those were all shameful affairs. However, I'm not sure what federal agency in the narrow sense (List of United States federal agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) one could blame for any of them.

- Japanese internment was conducted by the military, at Roosevelt's order (Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

- The fugitive slave laws were passed by Congress, and largely enforced by the US Marshal Service (Fugitive slave laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), which was and is a federal agency. However, I would not say on this basis that the US Marshal Service is a bad agency, and I'm not sure how much blame they bear for the fugitive slave policy.

- I don't know of any evidence that the Bureau of Indian Affairs infected Native Americans.

Have two more.SSA and the IRS.the first FDRs redistribution,second wilsonian progressiveness redistributive.enslaving americans.

You probably won't like it but the CIA has been the most dangerous, inept and perhaps corrupt agency in the US government and the kicker is that it has a secret budget. The name tells the mission "the central intelligence agency" but since it was enacted during WW2 it has done everything else but intelligence. The CIA failed to warn the US of NK's invasion of Korea, Castro's revolution, the Berlin Wall, Oswald's defection and the peculiar way he was welcomed back, JFK's assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, the 9-11 hijackers and every other freaking incident that was important to the security of the US. Oh yeah, the CIA managed to raise, train equip and feed a little army under the JFK administration and abandon them at the Bay of Pigs and the CIA managed to become indignant about a former employee who's husband introduced her as a CIA agent at cocktail parties and blamed her "outing" on Bush. The point is that everyone is afraid of the bungling CIA who has had more successes in Hollywood fiction than the real world and nobody on either side is willing to risk their political capital deflate the the ancient lumbering monstrosity.

You probably won't like it but the CIA has been the most dangerous, inept and perhaps corrupt agency in the US government and the kicker is that it has a secret budget. The name tells the mission "the central intelligence agency" but since it was enacted during WW2 it has done everything else but intelligence. The CIA failed to warn the US of NK's invasion of Korea, Castro's revolution, the Berlin Wall, Oswald's defection and the peculiar way he was welcomed back, JFK's assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, the 9-11 hijackers and every other freaking incident that was important to the security of the US. Oh yeah, the CIA managed to raise, train equip and feed a little army under the JFK administration and abandon them at the Bay of Pigs and the CIA managed to become indignant about a former employee who's husband introduced her as a CIA agent at cocktail parties and blamed her "outing" on Bush. The point is that everyone is afraid of the bungling CIA who has had more successes in Hollywood fiction than the real world and nobody on either side is willing to risk their political capital deflate the the ancient lumbering monstrosity.

Oh please. You won't hear about CIA successes. Or UN successes. They aren't news.

Heres mine to start..
SETI.

The Bush family political machine that never goes away....

Introducing the RINO Platform for destruction of the middle class dating back to 1980 to present:

The RINO party has a long history of economic destruction and crime to include Iran-Contra and Watergate. Like or not a consistent and disturbing pattern has developed by their choosing. STOP electing RINO’s ! My My father in law left the RINO party because he is a fiscal conservative republican with at least 50 years under his belt. Evermore stunning he is working with the democrat party in Pennsylvania.

After spending so so many decades in Washington D.C on tax dollar payrolls RINO’s are sure they learned all they needed to know about taking YOUR money and establishing reckless economies by way of Facism.

1. TABOR is Coming by Grover Norquist and Koch Bros sells out state governments, public schools,SRS services etc etc to private industry = Grab Your Wallets!
Beware: TABOR Is Coming | Dollars & Sense

2. Bailing out The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

3. Bailing out the Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

4. Bush/Cheney implied many financial institutions were at risk instead of only 3? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
"Good Billions After Bad"

5. Tax cuts m= the ENTITLEMENT program for the wealthy which do nothing to make an economy strong or produce jobs. Tax cuts are a tax increase to others in order to make up the loss in revenue = duped again.

Still A Bad Idea – Bush Tax Cuts aka The ENTITLEMENT program for the wealthy at the expense of the middle class = duped one more time.
Still a Bad Idea | Dollars & Sense

6. In the end big debt and super duper bailouts were the results which does not seem to bother Republicans, as long as they are in power.

In fact, by the time the second Bush left office, the national debt had grown to $12.1 trillion:

* Over half of that amount had been created by Bush’s tax cuts for the very wealthy.

* Another 30% of the national debt had been created by the tax cuts for the wealthy under Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

• Fully 81% of the national debt was created by just these three Republican Presidents.
Social Security Q&A | Dollars & Sense

7. Starting in 2003, George W. Bush destroyed the world economy by encouraging U.S. banks to make loans to those who could not afford them, through schemes such as the "American Dream Downpayment Initiative".

Also through the destruction of oversight, such as lawsuits to prevent state securities laws from being enforced on Bush's watch.

Once Bush's policies led to their inevitable result of economic collapse, the United States found itself in a situation where it had to take on debt in order to restore the economy.

ReaganBushDebt.org Calculation Details

*. Nixon’s Watergate

* Reagan/Bush Iran Contra

Thats because clintons chief justice jamie gorelick placed and created the legislation wall that prevented intelligence sharing between the FBI and the CIA.

Actually, the EPA is one of the best agencies. The air, water, and wildlife quality now is far superior to any other time in human history, and it's the EPA we have to thank. If you're a hunter, hiker, or outdoors man or if you would just like to raise kids without birth defects, then the EPA is your best friend.

Agriculture is one of the oldest and dates back to a time when Agriculture was one of the most important parts of the US economy. They're still critical as they're the only reason at this point there's a US agriculture industry at all.

Worst has to be one of two:

1. DHS: this was a bad idea at the start. Centralizing too much national level police power in one agency would be the Founder's nightmare scenario. When democracy in the USA one day fails, it'll be the DHS that's showing up at your door in the middle of the night.

2. Dept of Defense, AFTER it was transitioned over from the Secretary of War to DoD. That represented the transition from a defensive Navy and officer core to a permanent war footing. The national debt, expanding Federal Power, and the ease that a President can drag a nation into unprovoked wars of intervention stem from this transformation.

Forum List

Back