Question to those Americans who say they love this country

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bigrebnc1775, Sep 9, 2010.

1. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Why is it that Americans will bend over backwards to appease the Islam country's? Why is that we must walk around such issues like the 9/11 Mosque, and the Florida Qur’an bonfire? Is it from fear of an attack from a peaceful religion, It's a known fact they have killed Americans before without any provocation in the past. Like some of these attacks from the following link.
    frontline: target america: terrorist attacks on americans, 1979-1988

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    It is all about an election cycle. You see the Liberals think they can blame the Republicans for the opposition to the Mosque and the Koran Burning and win political points. They will say or do ANYTHING at this point cause they know they are in deep trouble.

3. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Sarg sir this has gone on way to long. I am not so sure that politics has much to do with it. I think society as a whole has tried to appease these people. These people that say they are peaceful people. Some times they aat like they are 4 years old.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,678
    I don't understand why we don't purposely piss everyone off....who do they think they are anyways? Don't they know we rule the world?

5. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    We are supposed to be better than anyone else. We are supposed to be a beacon of civilization that other people in the world can look to and say we want to be like them, to have life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To be able to peacefully walk down the street and see Moslems living next to Jews, or seeing a Mosque sitting next to a Synagogue or Church.

We as Americans believe that all human beings have the right to pursue happiness or has that changed? Are we now saying that all men are not created equal and endowed with unalienable rights? There will always be evil people around, Americans, foreigners or whatever and even if they do great harm do not blame the innocent ones. For that is what the evil ones seek, they seek to turn peaceful people against peaceful people for that is when they will prosper in the chaos that follows.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    How is supporting and recognizing a particular group's rights considered "bending over backwards"?
    I'm sorry that a dozen radicals and George W Bush have so deeply instilled your fear of the Boogeyman.
    This month it's Islam.
    Whose rights do we strip next month?

Mine?
    Your's?

No thanks

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    apathy is taking control in the USA, unfortunately. and apathy leads to bondage, so good job, people.

8. Segfault

Segfault Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I really think it's a case of a "few bad apples". When you consider the sheer number of Muslims in the world, the one's that are engaging in radical violence are a very small percentage. I was reading this article today on CNN. Twelve US Soldiers are facing charges for murdering Afghan civilians. Now I understand they aren't convicted of anything yet, but it sounds pretty bad. My point is, should we say the US Army is bad because of these guys (if they are convicted)?

My opinion is no, we shouldn't. The same should hold true for Muslims.

9. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    obama "burn the qu'ran it might cause the muslims to kill"

The Imam if I move the mosque now it might cause muslims to kill.
    So who's living in fear, over people who have already killed with not reason.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  10. Nate

Nate VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Give us time Liberty, give us time... The media works two ways. Negative, they give us the news they want to give us(not sure who they are but they seem to have a puppet master quality)... Positive, its constently thrown in the faces of the public and we're catching on.