Question regarding voting

I refuse to vote for either Republicans or Democrats as there is no difference between the two.

I vote independent, third party or i write in Donald Duck.

Then you throw your vote away. I'm sure there are dead soldiers that appreciate that.

When I registered to vote, my name was added to the list of potential jurors to be summoned to participate in trials. And while many people think that their vote doesn't matter in the general elections, it certainly matters when one is a member of a jury.

With the election just about 3 weeks away we have various criteria by which we select our representatives.
Some are strictly party voters, some will actually give some thought to the candidates positions and some wont bother at all.

Here in Ohio, we have Democrat Ed Fitzgerald, former mayor of an inner ring Cleveland suburb and current county commissioner of Cuyahoga county running against incumbent Republican John Kasich.

I have an extended family member who is a hard-core Democrat and very active in the political scene. He LOATHES Kasich and will undoubtedly vote for Fitzgerald for governor.

Fitzgerald has not run a competent campaign by any means and I wonder are there those out there who disliking an incumbent to such a degree would not lead someone to not vote for either candidate if it is clear the opposition has trouble running his own campaign, how can he possibly run a state?

In other words, you oppose the ideology of one, but recognize the lack of competence from the other and simply not vote for either.

Or, do you simply vote for the 'lesser' of two evils and hope for the best?

Just depends. I have no hard and fast rules. I will vote against out sitting GOP Congressman but he will win overwhelmingly. I kind of know his opponent, and know him to be a bit too idealistic, but that is better than have a sock puppet. Not sure who I am supporting for Senate, though Mark Warner will win easily. I sometimes vote third party, sometimes write-in, sometimes just won't vote in all the races, but I never stay home.

Frequently political parties will mail out a 'ballot' to take with you to the election booth to 'simplify' your choices.
Who hasn't noticed candidates on the ballot (especially judges) that you have no clue who they are.
I will not cast a vote for one or the other if i am unaware of who that person is. It's irresponsible

Frequently political parties will mail out a 'ballot' to take with you to the election booth to 'simplify' your choices.
Who hasn't noticed candidates on the ballot (especially judges) that you have no clue who they are.
I will not cast a vote for one or the other if i am unaware of who that person is. It's irresponsible

In my area they hand them out at the polling station parking area (which is probably illegal but all sides do it). It is kind of funny to see who typecasts you based on your appearance as to whether or not they want to give you one of their flyers. In my experience, the democrat/liberal folks are far more likely to not hand you one than the conservative/GOP/Libertarians.

I refuse to vote for either Republicans or Democrats as there is no difference between the two.

Then you throw your vote away. I'm sure there are dead soldiers that appreciate that.
johnny-got-his-gun-by-dalton-trumbo-640.jpg

Do a little more reading and a little less posting. . . .

I'm sure none of us know the minds of dead soldiers.

Seems to me the Democrats and republican are in the lead when it comes to sending brave men and women to their deaths for no good reason.

IOW you are more at fault for dead soldiers than I

Seems to me the Democrats and republican are in the lead when it comes to sending brave men and women to their deaths for no good reason.

Kitschy sentiment, but devoid of substance. Republicans want our soldiers to win wars; Democrats want them to lose.

Kitschy sentiment, but devoid of substance. Republicans want our soldiers to win wars; Democrats want them to lose.

You should probably void whatever substance you've been partaking of. You've clearly drank up with the partisan kool-aid.

We haven't been involved in a just war since WWII.

Every war since then has been nothing but a game of political brinksmanship.

Most Democrats don't even know there's an election coming up!
That's true. Most non-Republicans I know don't feel that elections are legitimate or meaningful, and I'm agreeing more and more every day. When I look at gerrymandered voting districts, it certainly appears that the "democratic process" has been severely corrupted.

You should probably void whatever substance you've been partaking of. You've clearly drank up with the partisan kool-aid.

Exhibit A: Viet Nam

Exhibit B: Iraq

Exhibit C: Afghanistan

Forum List

Back