Question regarding reputation

I'm sure it was a joke-the OP's rep has gone up since starting this thread.

Honest, it really was no joke. Until now I wasn't sure about those stripes and badges, and have been trying to figure out how the whole rep thing works....but for those who gave me a good one. I thank you.

I don't think that's what she meant, but you should know what she did mean. I believe Noomi was referring to the post "negged for questioning rep" -- which I'm sure was a joke but it's kind of an inside joke.

See, around here for reasons I've never been able to fathom, you can get negged (negative rep) for asking how things work or for talking about getting negged. I know it makes no sense but fair warning. Ask questions at your peril. I'll probably get negged just for telling you this. It's bizarre.

How the points are accrued: you post something brilliant, somebody notices and awards you whatever points they are worth at the time. Post something nasty, and you might get the opposite: points deducted. You'll see how it works as you go. And always take the time to thank the repper who sends you something good.

That makes sense. Like anything else it takes time. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks all of you for being so kind and helping a "Rookie" out. I was certain I was going to get "flamed, but all of you are AWESOME!!!

Thanks Again!

I think you were way too generous with your thanks. As far as I can see, nobody really gave you an intelligent, coherent and complete answer to your question.

I'm not answering because I don't really understand it either. Rep...yeah. All the little flags and medals...no.

I did just get a negative rep from Unkotare because he didn't like my comment on a topic. So I'm thinking of figuring out how to hide my rep and just forget about it. The people who have been around a long time and have huge reps have more power to hurt you. I think Unkotare has 1600 something points, and I think for every 1000 they can take you down one point. So when he negged me my rep went from 158 to 157. Big bully. So I think I'll just bow out of the rep game.

It just kind of sucks joining a forum so you can express your opinions on a variety of topics, and then being "punished" for your opinions. Big fucking popularity contest. Reminds me of high school.

Last edited:
*sigh*

I disabled "Show Your Reputation Level" in "Options" but it only took away the little ribbons and medals. The Rep Power number is still displaying.

Anyone know how to get rid of the number?

The only way to get rid of the number is to ask the mods to do it but then you lose the power to give and receive rep.

Thanks, Wolfsister77. I have seen several people who didn't have the number and I thought maybe it was just a setting I could change.

I guess I won't worry about it, I just have hurt feelings from Unkotare negging me. :redface:

And thanks to everyone who sent rep! I sent some of you PMs but some I could not send a message. Thanks!

Last edited:
The only way to get rid of the number is to ask the mods to do it but then you lose the power to give and receive rep.

Thanks, Wolfsister77. I have seen several people who didn't have the number and I thought maybe it was just a setting I could change.

I guess I won't worry about it, I just have hurt feelings from Unkotare negging me. :redface:

And thanks to everyone who sent rep! I sent some of you PMs but some I could not send a message. Thanks!

Unkotare is a decent bloke, really. You have to work hard to get on his good side, though!

At lest Unkotare didn't tell you that he was going on a "negg rep binge" on you like another member told me! I guess she's waiting for 48 hours to hit me again - sigh!

You can change the setting in your profile to have the system send a PM to a member when you rep them.

Forum List

Back