Question on Voter Registration

Joan

Mommy Dearest
Aug 29, 2003
About a month ago a gentleman knocked on my door and asked me if I was registered to vote. I told him I was new in the area and not sure where to do it. He told me he could take care of it. Handed me the form - I filled it out - asked him where the local polling place was. He said he wasn't sure, but that I would receive something in the mail. Well, like I said, a month has passed and I've receive nothing. Do you need some sort of card to be able to vote? If so, can I go to my old home town and vote there? I don't recall having to have a card ever before, but have been hearing talk of it. I just don't want to think I've been duped (once again).

Joan said:
About a month ago a gentleman knocked on my door and asked me if I was registered to vote. I told him I was new in the area and not sure where to do it. He told me he could take care of it. Handed me the form - I filled it out - asked him where the local polling place was. He said he wasn't sure, but that I would receive something in the mail. Well, like I said, a month has passed and I've receive nothing. Do you need some sort of card to be able to vote? If so, can I go to my old home town and vote there? I don't recall having to have a card ever before, but have been hearing talk of it. I just don't want to think I've been duped (once again).

Try calling your local Courthouse Joan... they have all that information there. They can tell you which municipality you're registered in and where the poling place is.

Joan said:

LOL....... did you put your SSN on that form by chance?

Joan said:

This is one of the issues I ran into as an Election Judge this year.

You should have received a card in the mail telling you where your Polling place was. You should contact your County Clerk, they have the records of the voting rolls and they can tell you if you are registered and where to vote if you are. If you are not registered it is necessary to do an emergency registration in person.

In Colorado there were many of these "get out the vote" groups that would take your registration, if you were Democrat they would send it in right away, if you were Republican they would either throw away your registration or they sent it in late (after the 29 day deadline). If this is the case you will need to go in person to your County Clerk's office and register there, bring a valid State ID, another State does not count.

While you are there you can early vote as well, or pick up an absentee ballot (some states require them to be in before the Polling Date, like CO).

I strongly urge anybody who has not received their card in the mail from the County to contact their County Clerk's office immediately, dealing with these issues before the Polling Date will save you alot of hassle.

Remember on voting day to bring an ID as well.

There are several forms that are acceptable but the easiest and best is a valid Driver's License or State issued ID card.

Thanks for all the input - I will stop by the County Clerk's office tomorrow! I'm not sure if I gave the jerk my SS# or not - but he never asked for party of choice (if he had - I would have flipped him off and slammed the door). I did this in true faith, as I certainly do want to vote, if only in the presidental elections!

Joan said:
Thanks for all the input - I will stop by the County Clerk's office tomorrow! I'm not sure if I gave the jerk my SS# or not - but he never asked for party of choice (if he had - I would have flipped him off and slammed the door). I did this in true faith, as I certainly do want to vote, if only in the presidental elections!

Dopey, they claim that all that stuff would come out around Halloween! atleast, that's what they CLAIM!!!!

You forgot, I don't trust ANYONE anymore! I want my vote in there!!!

Joan said:
You forgot, I don't trust ANYONE anymore! I want my vote in there!!!

Well, living in HP, I wouldn't trust anyone either! bunch of LIBS in that town!

Forum List

Back