Question on Racial Profiling Muslims

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
If 100% of the time attacks on US Airliners and other high interests are done by Muslim extremists, why then is it considered profiling when it should be considered more as a description of the suspects?

Yet police will stop little old ladies in the subway or airports .....what a joke

If 100% of the time attacks on US Airliners and other high interests are done by Muslim extremists, why then is it considered profiling when it should be considered more as a description of the suspects?

Yet police will stop little old ladies in the subway or airports .....what a joke

It is not racial profiling - it is terrorist profiling

It is a joke!

We should profile, detain, search, question, and then detain, search, and question again everyone that fits the profile...

Police are instructed to stop search detain and question white males in black neiborhoods for suspected drug purchasing.

Most liberal democrats believe profiling is fine, as long as your profiling White Americans.

Obviously profiling is not okay without a reason to believe a suspect fits the profile. I believe that when it comes to security at airports, or at the boarders, profile all you want in any way you want. When it comes to domestic affairs that involve US citizens of the islamic faith, please get a court order or some type of cause for tracking a suspected terrorist.

bullshit.

kinda like:

most conservative republicans think that killing abortion doctors is fine

That is Correct MM...

I know I support it...They deserve to die....... slow

Why is your party fixed on destroying this country?

If we profile, they will just choose another 'type' to use. We must check everyone.

Granted, I've seen them be sensitive to Muslim women out of fear of lawsuits but rude to others. That makes no sense to me. If you want to fly, you will be inspected. If you don't like it, drive, take a boat, ride a train.

Sheer insanity---we are at war with bin ladens' Isalmic cult yet being the screwed up PC country that we are, we have to treat everyone the same.

Stay on the subject MM...

The thread is about profiling not republicans killing doctors...

my post was highlighting your ridiculous assertion...but I see that the comparison was not accurate....you are a wacko

1. Intelligence-led law enforcement is better than reactive law enforcement, although the latter is of course important in its place.

2. "Profiling" as it's been suggested here is not just ineffective it's wasteful of scarce resources. Random checks are just as good if you're going to rely on a shotgun approach.

3. It's not just suspicious looking (whatever that means) people - how many containers in various ports in the US are NOT inspected?

4. Picking out "Muslim-looking" individuals for special attention may satisfy someone's hate needs but it's not that effective.

1. Intelligence-led law enforcement is better than reactive law enforcement, although the latter is of course important in its place.

2. "Profiling" as it's been suggested here is not just ineffective it's wasteful of scarce resources. Random checks are just as good if you're going to rely on a shotgun approach.

3. It's not just suspicious looking (whatever that means) people - how many containers in various ports in the US are NOT inspected?

4. Picking out "Muslim-looking" individuals for special attention may satisfy someone's hate needs but it's not that effective.

The US has ignored the Islamic threat for so long that all we can do now is react until something better can be established.

first of all, Muslims aren't a "race". Muslims come in every color of the rainbow, from asians, to africans, to europeans.

Secondly, simply profiling all muslims is a waste of law enforcement resources. We have to be smart and efficient about this. What are the odds some little old 80 year old muslim grandma, or some little kindergarden muslim kid is going to be a terrorist? Nil. Also, are american muslims any threat? There's never been a single terrorist attack by an american muslim. In fact, american christians have been responsible for more terrorist attacks.

What you have to do is creat a complete, composite profile of a potential terrorist. This will include age (probably 20 to 50), gender, country of origin (anybody is from, or has traveled to certain countries needs to be looked at closely - say pakistan and saudi arabia, for example); also there travel habits and itenerary - do they have a one way plane ticket? What's there purpose in the united states? Do they have a criminal record? Etc.

Now, the country of origin parameter will neccessarily include a lot of muslims. But, you can't just use muslim as a sole criteria. You have to be smart, and have a comprehensive, composite profile, as I outlined.

first of all, Muslims aren't a "race". Muslims come in every color of the rainbow, from asians, to africans, to europeans.

Secondly, simply profiling all muslims is a waste of law enforcement resources. We have to be smart and efficient about this. What are the odds some little old 80 year old muslim grandma, or some little kindergarden muslim kid is going to be a terrorist? Nil. Also, are american muslims any threat? There's never been a single terrorist attack by an american muslim. In fact, american christians have been responsible for more terrorist attacks.

What you have to do is creat a complete, composite profile of a potential terrorist. This will include age (probably 20 to 50), gender, country of origin (anybody is from, or has traveled to certain countries needs to be looked at closely - say pakistan and saudi arabia, for example); also there travel habits and itenerary - do they have a one way plane ticket? What's there purpose in the united states? Do they have a criminal record? Etc.

Now, the country of origin parameter will neccessarily include a lot of muslims. But, you can't just use muslim as a sole criteria. You have to be smart, and have a comprehensive, composite profile, as I outlined.

Muslims will strap a bomb on a baby or a grandma in a heartbeat. All Muslims in America should be suspects. If I wanted to go to Iran, I would expect to be suspected by them and with good reason.

So you support profiling... correct...

my post was highlighting your ridiculous assertion...but I see that the comparison was not accurate....you are a wacko

actually, it was me, highlighting your ridiculous comparison...

Every time you touch the keyboard you show what clowns and morons are currently active in the Democratic party...

Please keep posting :lol:

The US has ignored the Islamic threat for so long that all we can do now is react until something better can be established.

I'll neatly - but obviously - sidestep the domestic politics there....and go straight to - but the response must be considered and effective and not just for public consumption. I'm sure the population is grown up enough to understand that effective is sometimes low key of necessity.

But in the pc v anti-pc debate - I still think random selection is preferable to so-called "targeted" selection, at least where it's not intel-driven. I'm not focussing on the pc/anti-pc argument, this is too important for that.

I know its contreversial and politically correct to say this, but I think profiling muslims, and middle eastern looking people is acceptible, if blond hair blue eyed germans were doing this, or white jews, then we should profiling according to what it is, the truth, and stop being afraid of offending people.

We cant cower in fear, of pressure groups, who in my opinion are not on the side of america.

Do we really want to put, patting ourselves on the back for how morally superior we are (for not offending people) for being a polite civil society at war, while our enemy slits out throat, and we serve them tea?

My point was, yes you profile, what percentage of muslims are blond hair blue eyed?. I understand muslim is not a race, that is actually an excellent point, but we do need to profile, and most muslims are middle easten , and we need to look out for them, and any muslim, because while not all muslims are terrorists, all terrorists are muslim.

Not all Muslims are Dark haired or Dark eyed. I know several who are blond hair blue eyed. It's not a race. There are Muslims in every race.

Forum List

Back