Question (mostly) for women

TofuDog

Rookie
May 4, 2009
I've always been curious as to why women would follow a religion that relegates them to second class status. Christians, Jews, Muslims... all treat their women as inferior. So why do you follow such derogatory nonsense? Doesn't make any sense to me.

no different than in the public....though the public mantra sounds better...i don't see women ruling wall street or our government in proportionate amounts....men still rule....though great improvements have come in recent times....same with different denominations of Christianity, women are now Pastors, females are now the eqivalent of alter boys....

it doesn't bother most women, because they are not discriminated against in their churches....most women going to church are married with kids, they have no urge to be a Priest, as example...so they would not experience this particular discrimination in the Catholic church....

I've always been curious as to why women would follow a religion that relegates them to second class status. Christians, Jews, Muslims... all treat their women as inferior. So why do you follow such derogatory nonsense? Doesn't make any sense to me.

there are different "sects" of every religion.

I would have major issues with any fundamentalist group, whether christian, jew or muslim.

they all treat their women like garbage.

The moderate or reform groups? Generally not an issue.

Jesus did not give the woman any less than He gave the men. Fact is He honored the woman at His feet above and beyond. He admonished those who wished to admonish her.

Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, [this] also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

He even boasted about the woman who gave all she had.

And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Just become some pharisees and sadducees got together and decided they would take charge means nothing because they really have nothing if they degrade the woman God created.

Ive not seen a woman treated inferior at Church. And it certainly isnt doctrine.

However, I dont see any problem acknowledging there are differences between men and women and that there are divine callings for each of them.

It gets them out of the house?

My faith is a relationship between God and myself. No one else has any say in it. When people behave badly toward each other that's on them, not God.

I've never felt like a second class citizen in my faith.

cool...

on the other hand, you didn't have to sit behind a wall or curtain, separated from the men, while in your place of worship.

I have a lot of issues with orthodoxy and fundamentalism.

it is to protect you .... men are pigs.....remember...

lol.. true. but it's not to protect us. it's to keep *them* from being distracted.... and then they send the kids in with the women and the rabbi keeps hushing them because the kids make noise.

totally not for me.

cool...

on the other hand, you didn't have to sit behind a wall or curtain, separated from the men, while in your place of worship.

I have a lot of issues with orthodoxy and fundamentalism.

lol.. true. but it's not to protect us. it's to keep *them* from being distracted.... and then they send the kids in with the women and the rabbi keeps hushing them because the kids make noise.

totally not for me.

that is true since all we thik about is sex......having you all in plain view is quite anoying....

totally not for me.

that is true since all we thik about is sex......having you all in plain view is quite anoying....

y'all will have to get over it. :lol:

totally not for me.

Perhaps you guys should be in the back behind the curtains then? :tongue:

totally not for me.

Perhaps you guys should be in the back behind the curtains then? :tongue:

that sounds like a bad idea.....one can only wonder what we would do with no supervision.....

I hear what you're all saying, but the fact remains that if you belong to a religion, you're following a male dominated sect. Just as a few examples, the pope discriminates against women. Only Jewish men can grant a divorce, the women can't force one. We all know how well muslim women are treated, and even Avatar's "devine calling", which are man-mandated stereotypes from 2000 years ago. And your prayer books are all full of stories to put women in their place, like the one about the woman was made out a man's rib. That's funny. Geez, Jesus didn't even have an official female disciple, only 12 guys.
So really I guess you probably all either don't mind men dominating you, or you pretend not to see it, because it's all there in black and white in your religious books that you all quote so often.

I think people go by what is going on in their real lives, instead of exact scripture. Every culture and denomination is different, and supports different measures of patriarchy. I think that's fairly obvious. If you can't see that, then you have chosen not to look hard enough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back