Question: Is there anything better than a homemade pizza and a salad?

I've been making all my own bread for the past few months. While all have turned out great, this one is a winner:

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe | Taste of Home

As is, this is very light and great toasting bread. So light though, it tends to fall apart in sandwiches, though taste is wonderful.

This morning I inverted the measurements for white and wheat flours, much better texture for sandwiches, but I can tell it will have to be toast tomorrow.

Homemade breads have a very short shelf-life. ;) However, I've found that grinding in the blender after leaving open for a day, no more purchasing of breadcrumbs.

White, sweet, and rye breads make great croutons for salads and soups, but you need to catch the loaves before totally dried out. Cut into cubes, let the cubes dry.

Then: season how and if you want, I don't season because if I'm using in some soups, the seasonings I might want on salad would clash, so I figure leave them plain.

Heat a skillet, add butter or olive oil, depending on your mood towards health. LOL! When hot, add the croutons and brown to toasty. Cool and put in ziplock bag. If you know it's going to be days, I'd freeze. Since I've lots of homemade soups in freezer, I'll use them.

I'm a racist.

My favorite is just plain old white bread. Fresh out, steaming, slathered in butter.

Oh I love white bread, but when hot I do the butter and some honey or preserves. I tend more towards the whole grains though for health reasons. Same with pasta, while I really love the basic pasta recipes, I do the whole grains and concentrate my culinary tactics on the sauces. Funny too same with rice. Nothing beats white rice with soy sauce. But eh, old age makes me do the whole wild rice blends with low sodium soy sauce at minimum and other spices to carry me through. I'm adjusting. :lol:

I guess I'm just simple. Bread and butter. Pasta...and butter. Rice and Nature Seasons...and butter.

I must be related to Paula Dean.

Guinness is OK, but I can't handle more than 1-1/2. Any beer I feel like I have to drink with a fork is just too much for me.

The only time I have Guinness is when I have Car Bombs. I have not big into the heavy stuff. Give me an IPA any day, though.

IPA's are my absolute favorite.

Pale Ale 420 all the way...

If you can find it, you try Inversion IPA out of Bend, Oregon I believe. Best IPA I have had.

I am also really into Long Board right now.

The only time I have Guinness is when I have Car Bombs. I have not big into the heavy stuff. Give me an IPA any day, though.

IPA's are my absolute favorite.

Pale Ale 420 all the way...

If you can find it, you try Inversion IPA out of Bend, Oregon I believe. Best IPA I have had.

I am also really into Long Board right now.

I'll keep an eye out for them, if you'll keep an eye out for the Sweetwater brews. Especially the 420.

I would so love to brew my own beer. First off, I could make it to my tastes. Secondly, I'm a cheap-ass, and it's way cheaper to brew your own.

I have a buddy that does it, and he makes around 4 gallons at a time. Costs him about $50 a pop. He's got a rotation system set up, so that he always has beer. While he's drinking what he made, he's got another batch going.

My buddy is working on a coffee brew right now. I'm not sure I like the sound of that, but I'd try it.

I have had those. As a matter of fact, my buddy gave me one. It's actually pretty good, but heavy-ish. If you like Guinness, you should like it. It has a slight coffee aftertaste. Not overpowering.

Guinness is not heavy. That's a myth peddled by people who don't drink it.

I can pound Guinness more easily than Coors Light.

My buddy is working on a coffee brew right now. I'm not sure I like the sound of that, but I'd try it.

I have had those. As a matter of fact, my buddy gave me one. It's actually pretty good, but heavy-ish. If you like Guinness, you should like it. It has a slight coffee aftertaste. Not overpowering.

Guinness is not heavy. That's a myth peddled by people who don't drink it.

I can pound Guinness more easily than Coors Light.

I've had Guinness. Quite a few times. To me, it is heavy.

No. I don't like wheat beers. They make your penis small. Especially when you add the orange.

So that's what it is. Shit! :eusa_wall:

There's a solution though, drink Pabst.

PabstBlueRibbon.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back