Question..How do you get 500,000 Marchers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    How DJs Put 500,000 Marchers in Motion
    By Teresa Watanabe and Hector Becerra, Times Staff Writers
    March 28, 2006

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-march28mar28,0,3303231.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Imagine if the majority of this country would actually protest things that upset them and what that could accomplish??

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

If a majority of people protested by saying ,

"I told God that if he gave me an opportunity as a radio announcer, I was going to help my people," said Sotelo, who himself illegally crossed the border in the trunk of a car in 1986 and gained legal status a decade later. "I think we have to make sure the message went through to Washington, to let them know we're not criminals."

they would be labeled bigots and busted for having a "hate march".

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Maybe so, but if even a couple of million people marched on the capitol protesting lax immigration policies or against partial birth abortion, I think washington would have to listen. I dont' agree with the protesters in France BUT they did protest in solidarity in huge numbers and essentially shut the country down. I can guarantee you the French government was listening.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    When was the last time you saw conservatives get together and march about anything and why do you think they don't ?

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I have seen many at pro-life rallies in washington upwards of 400 thousand but you would never know it based on MSM reporting.

But for other issues they do not, and I find that troubling. Why is another matter..They probably don't because they are too busy working and don't get paid like lefties to march whenever the wind blows. They are busy raising families and maybe they don't keep up as much about these things as they should. Maybe they are just numb to what's going on and feel helpless?

Grass-roots groups working together are our only hope of getting something going. I think the old "Ill voice my opinion at the ballot box" is moot especially after the fact.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I have this feeling that is just simple denial. Conservatives feel bullet-proof it appears. Third party candidates and Libertarians ? Where are they?

7. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,132
    Well I'll tell ya, an ANTI-illegal immigrant protest/march is just what we need. I'm not a protestor. I've never protested anything in my life. I look at protestors as some sort of trashy liberal D+ student that's willing to protest whatever that has a party at the end of it.

However, if a radio DJ in the Reno area called for a ANTI-illegal immigrant protest/march, to show support FOR the tougher laws, by God one way or another I'd be there. Problem is, the "MAJORITY" never seems to do this. We just let this militant, vocal, MINORITY run rough shod right over the top of us. For the life of me Bon, I don't why that is either. It pisses me off.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Silly Willy cited this thread as one that he saw as conservatives on protests. Since there's really not that many posts, thought it interesting that the discussion basically came down to, 'conservatives' don't protest, however they might on the issues like ILLEGAL immigration.

Well during the Bush administration, conservatives let their representatives know that they disagreed with the policies on illegals, Dubai Ports, etc. The representatives and administration responded.

Now with the massive spending that began with TARP and remains growing they've made their points. No response. There were some 'tea parties', large in numbers but not always participants. They were 'discounted.' The number of protests and activism is growing, the response of the DNC has been videos that make an accusation of 'mobs' and such. So, now they are going to 'hit hard,' says the White House. We'll see how that works out.

9. Soaring

Soaring Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +91
    "My People?" Do you mean illegal immigrants? You bigoted bastard.

10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,355
    Too damned lazy.